Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

• Please log in to reply
1549 replies to this topic

#181 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

However, the Wii wheel is in my cart and still shows up in the quick picks once in a while.

I've seen the wii wheel multiple times myself. I think some items are flagged to show up REALLY often, like uncharted 2 which I got even after marking not interested and someone else after already pre-ordering.

#182 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

Finally had something useful show up in my Gold Box, Heavy Rain. Tossed it a PO with an ECA code.

I guess they must have seen me not bite on anything from it, though I pre-ordered Demon's Souls and GOW Collection recently, so they thought to toss something else PS3-related in there. We'll see if other things show up worthwhile.

#183 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

So I was looking in my quick picks and received 9 games. While they're posted already I had a question. Ace Attorney Miles Edge Worth was 39.99 while at Gamestop its 29.99. Also GOlden sun is charged 39.99 while its really 34.99 at msrp. So for the gold box, if I pre-ordered it would the discount still take in effect? for example, I received 17% off Golden sun making it 33$ however if Amazon changed the price to 34.99 would they take off an additional 17% like before?

#184 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

So I was looking in my quick picks and received 9 games. While they're posted already I had a question. Ace Attorney Miles Edge Worth was 39.99 while at Gamestop its 29.99. Also GOlden sun is charged 39.99 while its really 34.99 at msrp. So for the gold box, if I pre-ordered it would the discount still take in effect? for example, I received 17% off Golden sun making it 33$ however if Amazon changed the price to 34.99 would they take off an additional 17% like before?

Per the FAQ: "With pre-orders this will only lock in the discount percentage, so a price drop will cause the actual amount to be recalculated."

#185 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

hehe sorry about that -.- but thanks.

#186 Tech Star

Tech Star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

I have MAG in my quick picks, but its still $56.99. Where the 5% discount?
Posted Image

#187 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:38 AM

Did you order something else from your quick picks without saving the original page? That would negate the deal on everything else except the item(s) you already ordered. If that's not true, it's some kind of bug or glitch, is all I can think off.

#188 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:10 AM

It can't hurt to try, as long as you make sure to clean out anything Halo 3 adds to your recommendations that you don't want.

Heh maybe I shouldn't have did that. I didn't get a single game in my gold box. So I took Halo 3 off, I couldn't find what halo 3 added in my recommendations so I thought I was good. The Halo 3 soundtrack showed up in my gold box with some dvds due to a few dvd purchases. I cleaned all of that up so hopefully I will get some games tomorrow.

#189 Tech Star

Tech Star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

Did you order something else from your quick picks without saving the original page? That would negate the deal on everything else except the item(s) you already ordered. If that's not true, it's some kind of bug or glitch, is all I can think off.

Nope. I have never bought anything from the quick picks. :/
Posted Image

#190 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

That happened to me on Monday when I pre ordered Halo reach. I clicked add to cart on my gold box page and it still was at 59.

#191 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

Alright everyone, I've got a question. How do I keep from getting stuff I don't want in my Quick Picks? Specifically PS3, Wii, and Blu Ray stuff? I'm figuring the other stuff out, random pet stuff and music, but these still show up in my picks. I'm going to guess there isn't really anything I can do to avoid those, is there?
Posted Image

#192 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:20 AM

Alright everyone, I've got a question. How do I keep from getting stuff I don't want in my Quick Picks? Specifically PS3, Wii, and Blu Ray stuff? I'm figuring the other stuff out, random pet stuff and music, but these still show up in my picks. I'm going to guess there isn't really anything I can do to avoid those, is there?

You will always get junk in your quick picks if you don't have enough in your recommendations to build off of. If you have like three pages of recommendations, chances are you will get an entire quick picks full of those options. If you only have 3-5 in there, then you will get a mixture of junk with those. Sometimes you will just get junk thanks to luck of the draw.

Nothing you can do about it.

#193 hiromano

hiromano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:36 AM

Wow! Great post and thread. I just spent the past 4 days cleaning up and organizing my recommendations, kind of a pain but hopefully it will pay off soon. I have two things I wanted to share that happened to me in the process.

1) I've had Infamous in my Shopping Cart area for a few days now, specifically under Saved Items to Buy Later, in order to influence related games I want. Well today, I actually got Infamous in my quick picks. I wasn't expecting that.

2) I noticed sometimes you'll have to check Not Interested for some games multiple times... not exactly sure why. For example, I clicked I owned Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and it recommended Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords. I clicked Not Interested and moved on. The following day, I got to Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures, which I clicked I owned, and again it recommended the same Zelda Gameboy game. It happened for a couple of other things, though not frequently.

Now I've got a question I was hoping to get some wisdom on. I've preordered Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War Collection. In the order I have a $10 gift code from Batman AA and 10% off from ECA. If I cancel this order, will my ECA discount and $10 GC go back in my cart for future use? I'm trying to figure out if I should work the quick picks harder on these specific games.

My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

#194 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:46 AM

You can throw :psp: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days onto the OP.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#195 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

Heh maybe I shouldn't have did that. I didn't get a single game in my gold box. So I took Halo 3 off, I couldn't find what halo 3 added in my recommendations so I thought I was good. The Halo 3 soundtrack showed up in my gold box with some dvds due to a few dvd purchases. I cleaned all of that up so hopefully I will get some games tomorrow.

I didn't get it today. Should I go through my recommendations and click not interested on pretty much everything except odst?

#196 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

Now I've got a question I was hoping to get some wisdom on. I've preordered Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War Collection. In the order I have a $10 gift code from Batman AA and 10% off from ECA. If I cancel this order, will my ECA discount and $10 GC go back in my cart for future use? I'm trying to figure out if I should work the quick picks harder on these specific games.

Yes, any discounts or coupons from a canceled order will show up immediately for your next purchase.

#197 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

Alright guys, I got bored and decided to cancel all my gold pick orders and see just how much damage I could do in one days worth of quick picks. Targets were Uncharted 2, God of War III, God of War: Collection, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian. In order to manipulate my picks, I used faux pre-orders for Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3), Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time, and Demon's Souls: Deluxe Edition. Let's see how I did this morning:
Spoiler

Not to rub it in but this was my first attempt at something ridiculous like this. Yes, I'm a braggart but the point is that it can be done, so don't get frustrated! Don't be afraid to ask for help either, as I'll do my best to help you guys get your picks.

#198 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII! WOOHOOOOOO! I even had an ECA code ready for it! I am very happy :-)

I wish ECA didn't go down though. Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story wouldn't have went to waste yesterday. Ahh well :-x

#199 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

Just got in my Gold Box (stuff not on the list):
:wii: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
:wii: Resident Evil Zero

I'm about down to stuff I know is ineligible in terms of upcoming games I want in my Gold Box. It saddens me, as this has become kind of an addiction, like playing the market :-P Keep up the good work on maintaining this awesome thread sir. I had Red Steel 2 in there, but the bitter taste of the last one has me holding off to at least see if there are as many glaring issues as there were with the last.
Posted Image

#200 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

My picks have been pretty lame the last few days... I did get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but I own the 360 version, and its untouched, so I passed.

Seems like I'm getting hit lots of strategy guides.

No luck with the 360 version of Alpha Protocol and/or Saboteur... Saboteur I haven't really tried to nail down yet but I have like 6 or so 5 star links to Alpha Protocol. Sort of depressing.

(Though I don't think I have any valid ECA codes right now so its probably mute.)

#201 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

I'm about down to stuff I know is ineligible in terms of upcoming games I want in my Gold Box. It saddens me, as this has become kind of an addiction, like playing the market :-P Keep up the good work on maintaining this awesome thread sir. I had Red Steel 2 in there, but the bitter taste of the last one has me holding off to at least see if there are as many glaring issues as there were with the last.

I know right?! That's why I canceled my orders and started all over again just to have some fun with it. Oh and for some reason when two games are eligible for free release date shipping using the Amazon Prime trial, they cancel each other out in the same order! I did some testing and found out that Demon's Souls was screwing up Uncharted 2 in my cart. After removing them both and adding U2 back, it showed the free release date shipping option again.

No biggie since I'm not entirely sold on DS yet and waiting on a solid review of the US version.

#202 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII! WOOHOOOOOO! I even had an ECA code ready for it! I am very happy :-)

Glad it finally showed up for ya; guess I owe you that free ECA account since it took so long lol!

#203 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

I didn't get it today. Should I go through my recommendations and click not interested on pretty much everything except odst?

Hmm, it sounds like there's not a strong enough connection to ODST.

You already have Halo Reach pre-ordered, so add MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2 for 360. Also, cancel your Halo Reach order and order it again with the other two. If you already have either of those two pre-ordered, then just unrate it, refresh the page, and rate it again. This will shake up the list and put them at the top. If not, just remember to rate them all 5-stars when they show up in your items owned. I'm 99% sure this will do the trick.

Lastly, it's getting very close to the release date and I'd hate for you to miss out on the $10 promotion (plus the $5 coupon HALOODST, if that's still working), so if it doesn't make the list tomorrow you may want to evaluate the risk of versus $2.85.

#204 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:45 PM

Alright, so today I got Fighting Fantasy for the DS. I'm considering ordering it, but have no real knowledge of it.
Posted Image

#205 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

i got "Prey the Stars" for DS in my goldbox today, for $24.22...wasn't this like $6 a few days ago?

#206 hiromano

hiromano

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

Yes, any discounts or coupons from a canceled order will show up immediately for your next purchase.

Thanks a lot.

My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

#207 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

Phew, just updated the FAQ slightly and made it more reader friendly.

From now on, I'm only going to be adding new or future releases to the list since the oddball games from years past aren't really needed. That said, thanks to everyone who has posted their quick picks! I'll stay devoted to this thread so long as you guys do. ;)

#208 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

I guess running through my recommendations did some good. Currently, my gold box has the following:

Uncharted 2
Golden Sun DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days guide (pre-ordered the game a few days ago)
Naurto: Broken Bond guide (bought the game about a week ago though I already own the guide)
Gran Turismo 5
God Of War 3
Onkyo TX-SR876 receiver
Crank 2: High Voltage (BR)

Edited by shrike4242, 16 September 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#209 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

Wow, lots of people getting nice hauls today. Updated!

#210 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hmm, it sounds like there's not a strong enough connection to ODST.

You already have Halo Reach pre-ordered, so add MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2 for 360. Also, cancel your Halo Reach order and order it again with the other two. If you already have either of those two pre-ordered, then just unrate it, refresh the page, and rate it again. This will shake up the list and put them at the top. If not, just remember to rate them all 5-stars when they show up in your items owned. I'm 99% sure this will do the trick.

Lastly, it's getting very close to the release date and I'd hate for you to miss out on the $10 promotion (plus the $5 coupon HALOODST, if that's still working), so if it doesn't make the list tomorrow you may want to evaluate the risk of versus $2.85.

Ill try that. Thanks for your help it is appreciated. Should I say im not interested in games that MW2 and Assassins Creed 2 adds to my recommendations?