Photo
- - - - -

Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

• Please log in to reply
1549 replies to this topic

#211 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

Ill try that. Thanks for your help it is appreciated. Should I say im not interested in games that MW2 and Assassins Creed 2 adds to my recommendations?

Correct, just clear out everything but what you truly want.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#212 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:36 AM

So I get some randomness everyday in quick picks. Like:

http://www.amazon.co...3SDDKNTNY0SCVR9

How do I get rid of them?
Posted Image

#213 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

Ok, only thing in my recommendations is odst, so hopefully that works.:lol:

#214 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

How do I get rid of them?

Don't make it your goal to get rid of stuff in your quick picks, instead try to get what you want in there along with the junk. You will never eliminate all the bad picks, but you can certainly replace them with stuff you do want.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#215 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:08 AM

Don't make it your goal to get rid of stuff in your quick picks, instead try to get what you want in there along with the junk. You will never eliminate all the bad picks, but you can certainly replace them with stuff you do want.

Alright. It just sucks that those things, somehow, show up all the time. Most of the stuff I have as interested is videogame and dvd related, yet I still get that crap.

I guess it is a good thing, since it is saving me dough.
Posted Image

#216 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

Since I made a huge pre-order and left like 14 other games in my recommendations, I haven't gotten a game for 2 or 3 days in my quick picks =P I guess most are ineligible. Nothing I was really worried about getting though anyway, as I think I'm done with brand new releases for awhile....will deal with everything else as much below msrp, used or rental.

#217 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hey, not sure if this was asked earlier or not in the thread, but is it normal for your quick pick list to go from 6 crappy random items to 2 decent video games deal? I've been refining my recommendations list and have noticed that each day my quick picks get smaller and smaller.

MisterFleX.png

#218 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

well i guess it took a few days to work..

today got 4 video game items.. the highlight being metal gear rising

1080i is for douchebags

#219 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, sometimes it can take a few days to start cranking out games and others it just clicks right away.

Nothing good in my picks today, but I wasn't after anything. Wii MotionPlus, 360 wireless adapter, and a 60-day WoW game card. Amazon needs to flag more future releases to show up soon!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#220 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

No games in my QP today. Just junk, highlighted by this gem http://www.amazon.co...WGRFGQTGGQC2DHT

May be time to go through all of my recommendations again.
Posted Image

#221 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

Only got one game in my list today, and its odst. Finally, thank you for all the help. :) Wouldn't let me use the HALOODST promo. I think it didn't work because it was in my gold box, worked fine the other day.

#222 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

Only got one game in my list today, and its odst. Finally, thank you for all the help. :) Wouldn't let me use the HALOODST promo. I think it didn't work because it was in my gold box, worked fine the other day.

Grats! Don't forget to cancel the other order so you get your ECA code back for use on this order. As for the code, if you already redeemed it with another order, it should automatically apply to your new one. It works just like the $10 future purchase promo, so once it ships you should see it show up in your e-mail.

Enjoy your $33 game! :D

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#223 gamer1233

gamer1233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

Grats! Don't forget to cancel the other order so you get your ECA code back for use on this order. As for the code, if you already redeemed it with another order, it should automatically apply to your new one. It works just like the $10 future purchase promo, so once it ships you should see it show up in your e-mail.

Enjoy your $33 game! :D

Oops I didnt think about it automatically being applied. So I sent cs an email and asked them about it and they took $10.00 off my total. So my final total is 42.49. Actually they said they took $10.00 off but its really 8. Not sure if I will still get the $5 credit since they applied a $5 promotion to the order.

#224 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Oops I didnt think about it automatically being applied. So I sent cs an email and asked them about it and they took $10.00 off my total. So my final total is 42.49. Actually they said they took $10.00 off but its really 8. Not sure if I will still get the $5 credit since they applied a $5 promotion to the order.

Lol, you may end up with another $15 in credit via e-mail anyways, plus the $5 in MP3's. $22.49 for ODST, very slick.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#225 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Finally a quickpick worth noting!!!

Barbie and the Three Musketeers!

I also got magna carta 2 in there =). Not going to bother though, watched the videos on it and the game just seems pretty generic, atleast for the price tag, even including GB + eca. A good 10 or 20$ purchase for me sometime down the road.

#226 WiredKnight

WiredKnight

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:20 AM

Hey guys, I just got Forza 3 in my gold box, if you want to update the list.

#227 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

Hey guys, I just got Forza 3 in my gold box, if you want to update the list.

Wow, surprised that one wasn't on the list yet. Updated, thanks!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#228 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Got Crackdown 2 this morning after removing it from my not interested list. Guess I'll throw down a pre-order even though it's probably a year or better off still.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#229 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

One new one for the DS:
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#230 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

Toy story mania, funny not in my recs, and resonance of fate on 360. Thought it was a ps3 exclusive when I first ordered. Not sure if I want to have both going and cancel whichever one I don't want or just let the other order ride and make that decision when it's actually being released soon.

#231 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the guide Jodou, it helped me get rid of CD's in my Quick Picks because I had downloaded song's with my free amazon mp3 credit. Hopefully now just games and movies pop up in it.

#232 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

my goldbox was full today, although none of them reached my desired pricepoint to so i had to pass on them. but they were

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Golden Sun
Pokemon HeartGold
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (apparantly a DS game that comes out next week)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

edit: well also just checked my recs, and i see in the last 10 hours at some point amazon added a bunch of random games into it, one of which was Wizard of Oz. So that explains how that got there (all the rest were in my recs already)

#233 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

my goldbox was full today, although none of them reached my desired pricepoint to so i had to pass on them. but they were

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Golden Sun
Pokemon HeartGold
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (apparantly a DS game that comes out next week)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

edit: well also just checked my recs, and i see in the last 10 hours at some point amazon added a bunch of random games into it, one of which was Wizard of Oz. So that explains how that got there (all the rest were in my recs already)

They occasionally seem to ninja add recommendations, usually at the worst possible time (usually when most are asleep and unable to check that oh so important 'Not Interested' box). I got Professor Layton in my GB as well as the Muramasa Strategy Guide. Somewhat tempting to bite on Prof Layton, but I need to save some of my Amazon credit for Black Friday.

I did find a few orders from way back when that I had apparently pre-ordered sans ECA for some reason, so now I need to get to getting FF13 Versus and Dante's Inferno back in my Gold Box.
Posted Image

#234 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

Did they just give everyone Professor Layton today? It struck me as odd that it showed up for me as well, despite having it marked not interested weeks ago.

I spent quite a bit of time mulling over my pre-orders and categorizing them as need, quick pick potential, and Black Friday candidates. I pulled the trigger too soon on my Prime trial, so I'm trying to make sure I have all my bases covered going into next month. This site has truly turned me into a cheap ass gamer lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#235 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

Only got 2 things, none were Professor Layton or anything Video Game related. Looks like time to go through Recs tonight, since I'm still chilling in a hospital with my daughter. Day 19 of 21.
Posted Image

#236 WiredKnight

WiredKnight

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:25 AM

Wow, surprised that one wasn't on the list yet. Updated, thanks!

No problem. It showed up right after a night of trying to get LBP GOTY in there. Go figure.

#237 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

Kinda surprised GoW:C didn't hop in my picks today, but that should be fixed tomorrow. In fact, I didn't get anything today despite two games sneaking in my recommendations overnight. Very odd.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#238 namster1337

namster1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Wow finally some games after a drought :P
PS3 : Gran Turismo 5
PSP : Shin Megami Tensei : Persona

Not interested in either though :(

#239 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

Age of empires collector's edition today =P I doubt anyone cares since the game is 10$ originally anyway, haha. I'll be helping with whatever knowledge I have, but as for myself...I think I'm all quick picked and pre-ordered out. Now to just wait for everything to start coming in!

#240 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

i got a PSP game today, Half Minute Hero (since its a pre order figured it could be added to the list).

it wasn't a game i wanted (i don't even have a PSP), and when i checked my recs, sure enough amazon had done some more ninja additions in the middle of the night.