Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition 59.99 @ etoys.com

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Surely a pricing error as MSRP is $79.99

http://www.etoys.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3632007 - PS3
http://www.etoys.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3632004 - 360

Product Description
Acclaimed developer Infinity Ward brings you Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to the best-selling shooter of all-time, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Collector's Hardened Edition Features...

Premium, special-edition SteelBook™case with custom artwork by Infinity Ward:

* Hardbound art book, "Behind the Lines."
* Designed by artists at Infinity Ward, featuring the art of Modern Warfare 2.

Call of Duty full downloadable game:

* Relive Infinity Wards original, 2003 award-winning game that launched a franchise.
* Winner of over 80 Game of the Year Awards and 50 Editors Choice Awards.

Modern Warfare 2 full game.

etoys.com is now owned by Toys R Us and my experience with them and what happens with a mistake on pricing is that they will simply cancel the order. Not saying you shouldn't go ahead and give it a try, but I think there is almost no chance this will go through.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Anyone have any etoys promotional coupon codes for free shipping or anything else?[/QUOTE]

I just looked around and it didn't look like there was much of anything. Just some $5 shipping deal on Lil Tykes toys and free shipping on Halloween costumes.

Yeah, I am coming up short as well on coupons. There was one for free shipping that expired yesterday dangit.

After shipping and tax I am saving about $13 overall. Maybe it is not that big of a deal. It is still something though. If it doesn't get canceled.

Shipping is only $5. You'll still save $15 if this goes through. I don't see how that kills the deal.

for me any game more than 30 dollars kills the deal, even if its the collectors edition or the limited edition. and usually i dont buy games for more than 10-15 dollars!
I am a true Cheap Ass Gamer, what can I say? LoL

P.S - They did have the collectors edition at FRY'S for Resdient Evil 4, I believe for $29.99, but i dont have any FRY'S in here, and it rang up for $35+ after tax included... Was tempting, and I actually ordered hoping that the store manager will ship it out from Cali to N.Y, but the order was canceled lol.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Anyone know when they charge your card? Is it like Amazon and they charge when it ships?[/QUOTE]

+1 question

[quote name='lllGurulll']That can't be right. I might even jump on that just for the free original Call of Duty game.[/QUOTE]

umm, all hardened editions and the one with the goggles come with CoD redeemable card...no matter what retailer you get it from. That is why i'm getting it. CoD was the first FPS I ever played till the end, and loved every minute of it!!

[quote name='bojay1997']etoys.com is now owned by Toys R Us and my experience with them and what happens with a mistake on pricing is that they will simply cancel the order. Not saying you shouldn't go ahead and give it a try, but I think there is almost no chance this will go through.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I am probably thinking the same, They are really good about cancelling orders, thats just my experience.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Anyone know when they charge your card? Is it like Amazon and they charge when it ships?[/QUOTE]
Ok, I emailed CS and they said that your card will not be charged untill the game ships.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']for me any game more than 30 dollars kills the deal, even if its the collectors edition or the limited edition. and usually i dont buy games for more than 10-15 dollars!
I am a true Cheap Ass Gamer, what can I say? LoL
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% except for the fact the MW2 is not just any game. There are some games that must be purchased at release purely for the game play. MW2 is such a game.

My wife reserved the game with the night googles for my birthday. If not for that then I gladly jump on this deal.

Thanks for sharing OP.

[quote name='bojay1997']etoys.com is now owned by Toys R Us and my experience with them and what happens with a mistake on pricing is that they will simply cancel the order. Not saying you shouldn't go ahead and give it a try, but I think there is almost no chance this will go through.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deangrazy']I am probably thinking the same, They are really good about cancelling orders, thats just my experience.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's what they'll do but technically isn't that consumer fraud? I'm sure no one will do anything about it and that's why they feel they can do it.

I know they have a disclaimer on their site that the price could change at any time but if it's $59.99 when you buy it legally they should have to sell it to you at that price.

[quote name='Evolved']I'm sure that's what they'll do but technically isn't that consumer fraud? I'm sure no one will do anything about it and that's why they feel they can do it.

I know they have a disclaimer on their site that the price could change at any time but if it's $59.99 when you buy it legally they should have to sell it to you at that price.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's not fraud. A mistake is a mistake and as long as they don't charge you the higher price without your consent, there's not much you can do about it.

[quote name='Evolved']I'm sure that's what they'll do but technically isn't that consumer fraud? I'm sure no one will do anything about it and that's why they feel they can do it.

I know they have a disclaimer on their site that the price could change at any time but if it's $59.99 when you buy it legally they should have to sell it to you at that price.[/QUOTE]

Explain how cancelling an order due to an error is fraud. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're not a lawyer.

This is from a lawyers website.
Source: http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/87261.aspx

"I purchased the item using a credit card, and am now wondering if they will honor the price they charged me and the price they advertised/represented."

Odds are no. You could get lucky but they most likely will discover the pricing error and will retract the ad with a disclaimer about printing errors and they have errors and ommissions insurance for this such thing.

"Furthermore, I was wondering if there are any laws in regard to buying more of said item and perhaps seeking to make a profit from selling the items at a price closer to its actual value."

Many states actually have laws on the books preventing "unjust enrichment" in cases where there clearly was an honest pricing error in printing. The company is allowed to print a retraction and correction.

It lists at $79.99 now so looks like the pricing error was discovered - who called!?? (just kidding) but it does look like they fixed the pricing online now to $79.99

[quote name='Evolved']You weren't getting it for $59.99 anyway, champ.[/QUOTE]

certainly not now, anyways :bomb:

[quote name='Evolved']You weren't getting it for $59.99 anyway, champ.[/QUOTE]

nor is anyway else

fight club man, fight club

bread's done
Back