Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 9/11-9/17 w/ coup: 20% off any pre-owned GBA Games (Limit 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#31 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:51 AM

I've been waiting for this one too. Grabbing Zelda II and FFVI. Nothing like having the option to play them on a 60" tv or a 3" DS screen.

#32 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:01 AM

They need to just make all their GBA games 50% off. There's too many of them and I can never find what I want.

#33 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

Wow. Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 4.99. Glad I didn't pick that up last week. Time to go again this weekend.

#34 Tranzience

Tranzience

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:41 AM

I'm not sure why they didn't bring back the GBA/DS/DS Lite trade-up offer for the DSi instead of this ridiculous DSi -> new DSi colours deal that no one (or at least I hope no one) will use.

#35 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:41 AM

Any chance that the PS3 CE edition of Smackdown 09 will also be marked down to $19.99? Wouldn't mind picking that instead of the regular version.

I just checked and noticed it's still at $29.99. How far apart do they stagger the CE drops, on average?

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#36 accelzero

accelzero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

Oh, I think I'm going to pick up Gunstar Super Heroes, Wario Land 4 & Advance Wars if I can find them

#37 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

I wonder if MUA Gold edition is $5 as well.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#38 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

The problem with GBA games at Gamestop is that they're all (I think) cartridge only and if it's a sought-after game, there's a good chance that it's a counterfeit.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#39 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:53 AM

$4 and some change (after EDGE) for MUA sounds good. Might finally be time to pick that one up again.

#40 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

Believe it or not, I've never played MUA, so I will grab it

#41 Leisser-Kaiser

Leisser-Kaiser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:26 AM

Golden Suns here I come!

How much does GS charge for Golden Sun? I'm sure too much, but I would like to know.

#42 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

I would have rather had Gamestop not put a coupon out this week.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#43 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:53 AM

In for MUA. Doubt it includes the gold version, since it has a separate listing on the website ($29.99 used? Really? Lol).

Now, hopefully they start a solid tiered trade promo this weekend; I've got a small pile that I've been waiting to clear out toward Assassin's Creed 2.

#44 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

yuck.......oh well i get to save my money this week.....i'll be in orlando at disney world anyway so i won't be thinking about video games.

#45 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:24 AM

I am actually kinda sad GS hasn't had anything to interest me in a while. I don't think I've even stepped into 1 in over a month.

#46 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

Wake me when the Intellivision and Atari 5200 coupons show up.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#47 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:07 AM

kinda surprising that they would be promoting Fighting Fantasy
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#48 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

The worse part about the GBA coupon, understandably they need to clear this ancient inventory out, but only 20% before edge? Give a real percentage and dump all the inventory as not to bother with ever having to do a coupon again.......
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#49 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

http://www.plunder.c...-f455cc9def.htm

Oddly enough I can use the coupon. I just bought Pokémon FireRed on Tuesday for a friend's cousin.

#50 projectionist

projectionist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

hopefully when this 20% cycles to Xbox 360 titles, a used Beatles: Rock Band will be available.

yay for timing!

#51 amishpriest

amishpriest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

I guess I'll go for some of the GBA stuff I've passed over, though there's not much left I'm interested in outside of Minish Cap and Breath of Fire I
Posted Image

#52 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

There are a ton of great GBA games under $10 at GS. I'll probably end up using the coupon myself...

This.

One has to think the GBA clearance is around the corner, which makes this coupon pointless.

I hope for the same thing but I think it's more like wishful thinking. Seeing as they barely started clearance on Xbox games (30% off at my GS), I think it'll be awhile before they clearance out GBA games.

I wonder if MUA Gold edition is $5 as well.

The last time that they had MUA as "used deal of the week" it only included the regular edition.

How much does GS charge for Golden Sun? I'm sure too much, but I would like to know.

$7.99 for the original and $9.99 for the sequel. You can't complain about the price on those two games. Awesome deal even with only 30% off (after Edge).

Not sure if I'll be using this coupon or waiting for a B2G1. There are some games that are < $10 that I'm interested in.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#53 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Wake me when the Intellivision and Atari 5200 coupons show up.

The worse part about the GBA coupon, understandably they need to clear this ancient inventory out, but only 20% before edge? Give a real percentage and dump all the inventory as not to bother with ever having to do a coupon again.......

Oh for the love of god, people. The GBA isn't as old as you're making it out to be. By your logic, nothing prior to the 360 should be in stores, since the PS2 also came out at the same time as the GBA.

Seriously, there have been WORSE coupons. Or would you rather they go back to the old "Buy this new game, get 10% off a used game"? The GBA has a great library with tons of games worth grabbing. Quit being anal about wanting the shiny new things and assuming anything old is crap.

woo hoo, first to complain...

Really? 20% off Gameboy ADVANCE, Gamestop? Really?
Is the next trade in deal going to be on Sega Genesis games?

How's that a valid complaint? In fact, some of us would kill for GameStop to carry all the old stuff again.

#54 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for posting hopefully I find some GBA games I missed..8-)
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#55 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

I am too busy laughing at this coupon to complain ROFL

#56 jlucas

jlucas

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

I am too busy laughing at this coupon to complain ROFL

Ditto :rofl:
Posted Image

#57 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

It was a tearjerking moment when babbages died out and they got rid of everything retro.
Posted Image

#58 lude21

lude21

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

Picked up-

Ninja Five-o $3.50. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

you guys see trade in your dsi and 50 bucks for the newer colors? Who in their right mind would do that!!! Might as well trade in my 80 gb bc ps3 and pay almost 200 bucks to get the slim! o wait ..........

#60 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:03 AM

I ended up using the coupon to pick up both GBA Breath of Fires, Advance Wars 2, Link to the Past, and Castlevania: AoS. All games I'd been meaning to pick up on GBA for a while, so I'm not complaining.

33126.png