Photo
- - - - -

Qubed (Rez HD, Lumines Live +DLC, Every Extend Extra Extreme) $19.99 MSRP (Update)

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

Metacritic Scores for

LUMINES LIVE! - Standard Edition (12 skins). Additional Premium Downloadable Content Included: Advance Challenge Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack Puzzle, Tokyo Club Mix Pack, Heavenly Star Skin, Breeze Skin.

According to the DLC listing on the Microsoft website, the only DLC not included is "Booster Pack". ($7.50/600)

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00242KDH2/

The individual games would cost $30/2400 space bucks, not counting the deals of the week. If you were to purchase all of the content in this pack, (before Nov. 14, when two skins stop being free) it would cost $78.75/6300 space bucks. If you decide to buy the booster pack that Atari decided they wouldn't include*, you would still only pay $27.49 with this pack.

Releases September 15, 2 days from now.

Spoiler

Edited by Doomed, 13 September 2009 - 07:36 PM.
made post pretty, +DLC

sig.gif

#2 mbartholow

mbartholow

Big Lots Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:33 PM

I didn't think that was ever coming out. Super cool. I love having REZ on LIVE. Will grab this at some point.

#3 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

Oh my god! SPACE BUCKS??!?! Spaceballs!!!

.....ahem. I really should get rez hd. Game's freaking amazing on dreamcast already.

#4 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:49 PM

Huh, that's pretty cool, it's always nice when Live Arcade exclusive games are released on disc. I'd pick it up if I didn't already have Rez HD from way back when it was 550-or so MS Points.

Also from the description, it sounds like these games would be much more expensive if purchased from Xbox Live since Lumines Live apparantly comes with all of the DLC packs, which are usually like $20 on their own.

#5 AlphaHunter

AlphaHunter

Would You Kindly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I've always wanted to play Lumines but the way they made you pay for each part of the game was messed up so they never got any of my space bucks. I'm in for one of these!

#6 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

Dammit, I wish I never got RezHD way back when it came out. I never even touched it as whenever I wanted to play Rez, I just took out my Dreamcast.

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#7 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

I never knew about this compilation! I appreciate the news! I never bought Rez HD and E4 though I really wanted to. . .I just have issues with Xbox's DRM and I already owned the games in different forms. But, I'm definitely picking this up.

Also, I fully endorse the internet renaming of MS Points to Space Bucks. At least Nintendo Points has a reasonable conversion rate.

#8 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:16 AM

Why would anyone want Rez without the Trance Vibe?

#9 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Never had the 'trance vibe' on the Dreamcast or the HD version on the 360 and loved them both.

#10 Ozmodiar5000

Ozmodiar5000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

You can use up to 3 xbox360 controllers as Trance Vibrators if I remember correctly.

#11 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:53 AM

The Xbox 360 version has the best vibration/rumble solution of any version. It's awesome being able to put a couple Xbox 360 controllers in the cushions of your couch and one along the back and literally being able to feel the beats against you. Great for parties too!

#12 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

hmm $20 for Lumines. Might just wait for a price drop before I pick this up as I have the other two games
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#13 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:22 AM

hmm $20 for Lumines. Might just wait for a price drop before I pick this up as I have the other two games

Couldn't you just download Lumines for $10?

This is a great deal for me, since I don't have any of these games (except for Lumines on the PSP) and I have had interest in E4 and Rez HD, so this is perfect.

#14 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:43 AM

Couldn't you just download Lumines for $10?

this is supposed to have all the DLC which is still quite pricey. In reality, I'm saving about $20 by getting this than buying it as piece meal
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#15 Megaten

Megaten

Doctor Stiles!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:35 AM

Dang, to get this or not. Have Lumines and Rez already, but as people have mentioned before, the Lumines DLC is pricey and this nearly covers that alone - plus throwing in E4 for good measure.

Glad to see the Breeze and Heavenly Star DLC for Lumines on there. I d/led them when they were free, but I haven't seen them listed on the marketplace anymore at all. Can you even still download those two songs/boards?
Posted Image

#16 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Ahh, this includes the DLC for lumines? do the others have dlc/have it included with this?

Also, wasn't Lumines for xbla/psn supposed to get a price drop soon?

#17 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

I'm definitely going to get this! I would like to see more of these compliations of live arcade games.

#18 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

I'm definitely going to get this! I would like to see more of these compliations of live arcade games.

I agree. It's nice to play these games at others homes without worrying about downloading the game and your gamer tag.

#19 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

Ahh, this includes the DLC for lumines? do the others have dlc/have it included with this?

E4 and Rez HD don't have any DLC.

#20 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

Yea, the 360 version lets you enable up to three extra controllers and uses their rumble as a super mega baddass Trance Vibe.

"That's just wrong," to quote my wife (with a smile) after she tried it. :)

cagSig.png515886.png

#21 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

I hope that gamestop will get these used quickly and sell for 10 bucks or so

#22 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

edit: I don't see anywhere where it says the Lumines Live DLC is included. It would be nice if it was, but I doubt it will.

On the Amazon page, it specifically says:

Additional Premium Downloadable Content Included: Advance Challenge Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack Puzzle, Tokyo Club Mix Pack, Heavenly Star Skin, Breeze Skin.

Is that all of the DLC? (And yeah, I could probably go look that up, but I'm feeling lazy and I'm sure somone here already knows.)

#23 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

I can't wait to get this..
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#24 lordxixor101

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

Had I not bought Rez already, this would be a no brainer. Still this is a maybe (especially a used copy with a 20% off coupon.

#25 yyr

yyr

XBLIG Developer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Dammit, I wish I never got RezHD way back when it came out. I never even touched it as whenever I wanted to play Rez, I just took out my Dreamcast.

Once you try it at 60 FPS with HD graphics, you'll never go back. It's worth buying twice.

#26 V Man

V Man

Cantstandya!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Should I just spend 1600 on Rez HD & E4?

I don't really care for Lumines and I have points to burn from the Axe codes...
I really don't want to shell out another $20 when I have points that'll expire by Oct. 30 from the Axe codes...
But I wouldn't mind having Rez & E4 on an actual disc... bah! Decisions...
"It's Saturday night, I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock..." - Philip J. Fry

#27 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:11 AM

That's a pretty good deal for 4 games since most of them are about $10. I'll keep my eye on this since I have interest in Rez and E4. Already have lumines (pretty much bought it on day 1) and was not thrilled of how "basic" it was and that the d-pad doesn't help either. Thanks op for the info
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#28 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:19 AM

That's a pretty good deal for 4 games since most of them are about $10. I'll keep my eye on this since I have interest in Rez and E4. Already have lumines (pretty much bought it on day 1) and was not thrilled of how "basic" it was and that the d-pad doesn't help either. Thanks op for the info

It's only 3 games, Qubed is just the name of the compilation.

sig.gif

#29 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

It's only 3 games, Qubed is just the name of the compilation.

oic, sorry about that.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#30 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Great collection of arcade games. I grabbed Rez HD randomly a little after it came out and it was amazing. I bought Lumines after I played the PSP version to death. The d-pad really killed the game for me. It also felt like I was buying a shell of a game and needed to pay for the content. This verison seems to have all the extra stuff so it is probably a better experience.

Basically this is a fantastic deal if you don't own any of the games and probably still a fantastic deal with you do. Especially since this is the kind of disc that can be found on the cheap pretty quickly after launch. Curse digital distribution and it's terrible "deals".
Posted Image