Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

• Please log in to reply
2169 replies to this topic

#31 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:01 AM

One of my friends at college was gonna pay 60 for NCAA Football 10, so I recommended him here and he ordered in a heart beat. I have ordered from here before and understand the game is usually in great condition, but you only get the manual 50% of the time. He just wanted to know how long they take to arrive. If I remember correctly it arrived in about a week. Is this accurate give or take a few days? I am in Southern Maine.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#32 slimin1122

slimin1122

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

The three games that dropped in price are back up to $29.99.

Darn I really wanted Punch Out for $20

#33 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

may need to swing into the local one, never stopped by them before

#34 dabogues

dabogues

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

I have a FV in my little town. I've gone in a few times, but the "for sale" selection of used games has been paltry. May have to revisit, though. Maybe they're getting more in stock from corporate now or something.
"I suspect that I am the result of a particularly weak conception on the part of my father. His sperm was probably emitted in a rather offhand manner." --- Ignatius J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.

#35 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:03 PM

Just ordered Punchout and Overlord 2, but they were out of Infamous.

#36 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

Mario Power Tennis dropped to $10 online -- I'm in :)
Posted Image

#37 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Ditto - snagged Mario Power Tennis and Punch Out for $34. Hooray!

#38 databuild

databuild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:23 AM

Free shipping

code: GameShip

#39 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:54 AM

The three games that dropped in price are back up to $29.99.

Darn I really wanted Punch Out for $20

these prices i'm listing are store prices that will never go back up...online I have no idea..seems they are taking a few days to match sometimes..so if you are close to a store you might want to give them a call if an online price isn't to your liking.

#40 winb83

winb83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:47 AM

with Gamestop's latest coupon and edge card if Punch out is worth $25 trade in still you can pick up $15 flipping it to Gamestop.

#41 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Just received my copy of Mario Power Tennis. If it weren't for the small sticker they put in the middle of the disc, I'd swear it was brand new. Came with manual and case, and the disc looks fantastic. Highly satisfied :)
Posted Image

#42 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

Found Punch Out! in Columbus. Thanks, OP !

#43 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:11 AM

This thread rules. Got Punch Out tonight for $20, looks new, and with a manual in-store. Fantastic.

#44 Unabandoned

Unabandoned

Psssh. Lame deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:50 AM

Grabbed the Bigs 2 online. Thanks OP.

#45 lukejskywalker

lukejskywalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:29 AM

Picked up Punchout and Overlord II for $19.95 each in-store. Thanks OP.
Let's roll in my covered wagon!

#46 mattstockton12

mattstockton12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

Got me some online Punch Out
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

Ordered Mario Power Tennis and Punch Out online, both arrived today in flawless condition (disc, case, and manual). The only way you'd ever know it was used is the little family video sticker around the disc hole which appears to be easily removed. When I ordered I used a shipping address different than my billing and they left me an email to call them. So I called them, and a nice gal answered (no prompts, no wait) and had it squared away in about 2 minutes.

I'm sold on this place for sure. Color me impressed.

#48 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

alright, updated, sorry a few days later than usual...no games this time but ps2's for 29.99 and accessories for 2.95..check 1st post for details.

#49 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:06 AM

does family video keep the ps2's behind the counter?

#50 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

yes usually, ask whoever is working if there are any left to sell...worst they can tell you is no.

#51 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

yes usually, ask whoever is working if there are any left to sell...worst they can tell you is no.

ok thanks.

#52 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

Always ask. Even after the lady told me they didn't have any Punch Out! games left, she found one for me.

#53 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

New games and Price drops as of today.

#54 rust in peace

rust in peace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

I had a pretty good day. I picked up Overlord 2 complete for the 360 and a PS2 slim at another store. Both store the clerks were very helpful. I would've grabbed a Mario Tennis but neither store had one with a booklet.

#55 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:34 AM

yah if for some reason there isnt a booklet at one store...and another store has a booklet but isnt selling a copy..just bring the copy you bought into that store..tell them you wanted a copy with the booklet..they'll let you snag one..

#56 Guy Legend

Guy Legend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:02 AM

How much does Family video charge for game rentals and for how long?

#57 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:31 AM

it varies per store and platform, but for the main 3 consoles its a couple bucks a night..cheaper the more nights you rent them for and the DS/PS2 games are cheaper on average also. You get half off rentals for a month your first time in there..so you can get 5 night rentals for about 3 bucks...not too bad, if you have a store local and haven't got a membership yet, they don't require credit cards or anything like that..so not much to lose for stopping in and checking it out even if you don't get anything

Edited by XT14, 20 October 2009 - 04:32 AM.
added info

#58 smcmanus1980

smcmanus1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:51 AM

I ordered two Punch-out games from Family Video. They both came with manuals and the original cases, but for some reason the cover art on both was dull-colored like they were sitting in the sun for a long time and got faded. I also noticed that the display cases for Punch-out in Gamestop had the same faded look though they were no where near the windows of the store. Everywhere else I have gone, the cover-art looks normal and vivrant. Does anyone know why this is?

#59 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:56 AM

hmm..that is odd..especially since even if the titles were in the sun..if it bothers you enough check your local store (providing you have one) they will be able to swap the cover art for you...if nothing else they can just reprint some with their laser color printers to use for their store demo boxes..

#60 smcmanus1980

smcmanus1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:12 AM

No, I got them online... I don't have a family video near me. The games and everything are fine I'm more just curious as to why this is because this is because it's now twice that i've seen this. I searched online for punch-out faded cover but couldn't find anything. I've never seen this with any other game just punch-out.