Photo
- - - - -

Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

• Please log in to reply
2098 replies to this topic

#1861 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm not stickering anything. I wouldn't do something stupid like that. I see them marked $9.95 on the shelf, I grab them. The bottom of the sticker on NFS The Run looked like it may have been originally placed on something else, I don't know. Like I said, I just see it on the shelf like that and grab it.

What's weird, though, is that I've been shot down before if something was mismarked. It would've been no problem if he had said "this is actually $29.99". I would've said "Oh, nevermind then".

This was the only copy of The Run for sale. With Rage, there were at least 3 other copies marked at $9.95 (all are gone now). Also, Rage's Anarchy Edition code and NFS: The Run's online pass were included and still valid :D

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1862 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm not stickering anything. I wouldn't do something stupid like that. I see them marked $9.95 on the shelf, I grab them. The bottom of the sticker on NFS The Run looked like it may have been originally placed on something else, I don't know. Like I said, I just see it on the shelf like that and grab it.

What's weird, though, is that I've been shot down before if something was mismarked. It would've been no problem if he had said "this is actually $29.99". I would've said "Oh, nevermind then".

This was the only copy of The Run for sale. With Rage, there were at least 3 other copies marked at $9.95 (all are gone now). Also, Rage's Anarchy Edition code and NFS: The Run's online pass were included and still valid :D

Ya I wasn't saying it was you more then likely though its an employee that can't read and sticker at the same time so he chooses just to sticker. What I was getting at though is if their selling them to you under your rental account and not just the stores sale account they might end up placing a note on your account accusing you of being the one doing it. I used to see dozens of accounts that were noted not to sell items to if the price sticker didn't match exactly what came up on the computer. Some District managers are real sticklers and have called customers before to inform them that they were aware of what they were doing and not to try doing it again. All of this of course being based on if some employee was stickering stuff incorrectly but no one ever bothering to look and see if the current list matches whats for sale to see if its an internal vs external problem.

On a happier note did you get two anarchy codes and want to share lol

#1863 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Bummer. Only one copy of Crysis 2 at my FV so there were none for sale. I just can't seem to get this game. =/

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1864 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

I picked up MLB 2K11 and NCAA Basketball 10 for $9.99 each friday night at my local FV.

#1865 NeuralFizz

NeuralFizz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

I called my local store trying to find Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. They didn't have it, but is there any way another store can mail it to mine or something for me to buy it?

#1866 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

I called my local store trying to find Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. They didn't have it, but is there any way another store can mail it to mine or something for me to buy it?

Yes and no. While yes it is possible for the store to do that it's more likely a no because it would require work and communication from one store to another. Store managers are paid based off how much their store brings in every month and some store managers would rather get $.25 more in their paycheck then send the product to another store to make a customer happy. After all your not their customer so it's not helping them out.

Ask the clerk to do a search in their district to see if any of the surrounding stores have a copy for sale. If they say they can't do that they are lieing. If they say there is a store with some for sale ask if they can have it rotated to your store so that you can purchase it. Might take them a couple weeks but the DM should bring it from one store to the next.

#1867 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

yah it really depends on the employee there. Of course if your store is fairly helpful just ask them. The worst they could say is no. Also if you are close to the store you would probably have the most luck stopping in to ask. Employees can easily tell you no on the phone if they are busy, but in person they may feel more inclined to search other stores inventory. This is the case I have found when dealing with wal-mart/bestbuy/etc.

In other news...sorry another week lacking updates...will be back next week with hopefully good news.

#1868 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

alright, updates are in...only 4 this week...but maybe someone needs one of these titles?

#1869 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

Nice to see Saint's Row up there, but still a bit too rich for my blood. I may have to bite at $30 though. I was hoping to see more drops as opposed to new additions entirely. Rage, Resistance 3, and a few others dropping would've made my day.

As always, thanks for the update.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1870 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

sorry, nada this week...see ya as usual next week

#1871 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

it seems another week gone by without...hopefully prepping for a lot of updates next week? At any rate, will let you know next monday night/tuesday as usual

#1872 bagwelljeff

bagwelljeff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

it seems another week gone by without...hopefully prepping for a lot of updates next week? At any rate, will let you know next monday night/tuesday as usual

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the States though I wish the website would update more often :cry: Haven't bought anything online from them since that Groupon deal last year

#1873 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

okay, updates are in. Also a bonus that's not on the OP....in store only YMMV. Notice that if not already done, all remaining accessories from PS2/GCN/Xbox are to be liquidated at $2.95 regardless of what it is (controller, memory card, etc)...so if you are looking for spare parts for any of those systems for any reason...I know my old store had many things, so good luck.

Cya next week

#1874 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

Holy shit, Final Fantasy, Darkness II, AND SoulCalibur V all at $30?!

I would've thought they'd show up at $40, but $30 is just insane for those. I'm never buying games on release anymore. I'll just wait a couple weeks for them to show up at Family Video.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1875 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Wow. $9.95 puts Deus Ex 360 into the "I'm definitely grabbing that even though I already have it on PS3" territory.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1876 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

Wow. $9.95 puts Deus Ex 360 into the "I'm definitely grabbing that even though I already have it on PS3" territory.

That's what I was thinking. Exactly, actually.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1877 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Why is it that the game posted in the beginning of this thread are higher on the website than advertised here? Am I missing something? For example Deus Ex shows up at $19.99, not $9.99.

#1878 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Why is it that the game posted in the beginning of this thread are higher on the website than advertised here? Am I missing something? For example Deus Ex shows up at $19.99, not $9.99.

For some reason, the website is always a week or two behind the updates. Deus Ex should be $9.95 next week on the site.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1879 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

You must have missed the part in the OP that says, "Online titles usually update every Wednesday". That means that the prices on the website might not change till Wednesday, although it sometimes happens as early as Tuesday morning. The Usually is thrown in there to cover all the bases, because sometimes the prices never drop on the website for some games.

$10 for Deus Ex is pretty darn good.

#1880 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

You must have missed the part in the OP that says, "Online titles usually update every Wednesday". That means that the prices on the website might not change till Wednesday, although it sometimes happens as early as Tuesday morning. The Usually is thrown in there to cover all the bases, because sometimes the prices never drop on the website for some games.

$10 for Deus Ex is pretty darn good.

Thanks, I did miss that part. I'll check it out then.

#1881 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hmmm....contemplating DE:HR and Halo Anniversary

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1882 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

And the price drops are live on the website for this weeks drops, at least the ones I can find are dropped, some of the games aren't available used it seems, Uncharted 3 and Darkness II most notably.

#1883 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

And the price drops are live on the website for this weeks drops, at least the ones I can find are dropped, some of the games aren't available used it seems, Uncharted 3 and Darkness II most notably.

Thanks, I think I'll get Deus Ex.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1884 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

okay, updates are in. Also a bonus that's not on the OP....in store only YMMV. Notice that if not already done, all remaining accessories from PS2/GCN/Xbox are to be liquidated at $2.95 regardless of what it is (controller, memory card, etc)...so if you are looking for spare parts for any of those systems for any reason...I know my old store had many things, so good luck.

Cya next week

damn wouldn't mind picking up a gamecube memory card at that price, i always appreciate how everyone has awesome deals while im away on vacation

#1885 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Snagged a 360 copy of Deus Ex for $12 shipped. Muy bueno.

#1886 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Cya next week

Still not a complete 2.95 liquidation of games, though, right?

#1887 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Still not a complete 2.95 liquidation of games, though, right?

well Xbox/GCN are to have been liquidated at that price for a while...but PS2 games are still surviving for at least a few more months

#1888 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just picked up mass effect for 9.95 in store.

#1889 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

well Xbox/GCN are to have been liquidated at that price for a while...but PS2 games are still surviving for at least a few more months

That's what I thought. Thanks!

#1890 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just picked up mass effect for 9.95 in store.

gotta stop in at my store tomorrow and look for this one!