Photo
- - - - -

Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

• Please log in to reply
2096 replies to this topic

#211 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

Way to be a thief!:applause:

lol 8-)

#212 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

sorry about the late posting here, thanks king royalty for a few of the updates, main page has been updated to reflect the 3 new additions and 5 price drops

#213 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

still looking for overlord 2 for 9.99... no sign of it around :(
Currently Playing:

:360: Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection
:ps3: Critter Crunch

#214 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:03 AM

Thanks for the updates. Picked up Ghostbusters (360) at my local Famvid tonight. Even got a manual!

#215 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:20 AM

What to get ult alliance 2 or brutal legends for $20. I can not make up my mind i only got enough for one game. I want to try to get both but one now and one later. So trying to think which will be first to go.

Farcry 2 i got from them no manual and game non playable. The disc had minor scratches to but 3 360's all same unplayable. They sent me a free replacement so i get a free mint case and an unplayable disc. :)

#216 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

What to get ult alliance 2 or brutal legends for $20. I can not make up my mind i only got enough for one game. I want to try to get both but one now and one later. So trying to think which will be first to go.

Farcry 2 i got from them no manual and game non playable. The disc had minor scratches to but 3 360's all same unplayable. They sent me a free replacement so i get a free mint case and an unplayable disc. :)

i dont understand so when they sent you the replacement the cd was unplayable again?

#217 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:30 AM

Wheelman at my family video is still $19.95 :(....im still patiently waiting for it to drop to $10...it would also be nice when Prototype, Saw, and Wolfenstien drop to $10...

once those 3 become $10 i will be getting all 3 at once :)

#218 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

nice thread. thanks for keeping it up to date. Wish they had any PS3 games happening however.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#219 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

How is need for speed shift, I'm thining about grabbing it. Is it worth $20?

EDIT- Well after reading a bunch of reviews I went ahead and ordered it.

Edited by Brother Daz, 27 January 2010 - 10:57 PM.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#220 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

So I was just reading the main post, and is it usual that most in store deals aren't the same as on the website. Like, from looking at this main post, the closest one to me had about 25% of those deals. Is it expected to be YMMV or do they just honor this automatically?
Posted Image

#221 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

i dont understand so when they sent you the replacement the cd was unplayable again?

Sorry about that no i did not get the replacement shipment in yet. I contacted them and in about 2 days i got an email saying a replacement has been sent and to toss the broken one. So i got a free xbox case which will come in handy.

They do sent duds but replacements are easy to get. It just sucks when you are pumped to play it and it will not play. Then you got to wait another week tops for the replacement. I hope i get the manual on this one that be cool.

They also gave me a special code for free ship on my next order. I think it is a one time only linked to my account? I plan on ordering friday so when i do i will post the code here maybe it can be used more then once. :)

#222 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

Picked up Ghostbusters.
Posted Image

#223 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

Im thinking of picking up Saboteur and Far Cry 2, lots of good deals here

#224 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

$10 was my sweet spot on Ghostbusters. If I had more money I would have grabbed prototype as well.

#225 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Picked up The Saboteur complete with manual (even had a code for the midnight show) at my family video. THANKS for the post.

Edited by jjjbadboy32, 28 January 2010 - 07:22 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#226 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

I definitely recommend getting Sabetour
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#227 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

So I was just reading the main post, and is it usual that most in store deals aren't the same as on the website. Like, from looking at this main post, the closest one to me had about 25% of those deals. Is it expected to be YMMV or do they just honor this automatically?

basically if they have a sticker on the product, the price should match..if no sticker, they may not have enough extra copies to sell....if they scan it in, the price should match what I have posted, if they give you much trouble contact the number at familyvideo.com or pm me...first one would probably get you quicker results though

#228 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the post! I picked up Batman: AA, James Cameron's Avatar, Far Cry 2, Fear 2, 50 Cent: BotS for a mere pittance. :)

An unusual thing happened, however. After placing my order I received an email from Family Video telling me I had to call them to verify my order before they would bill/ship it. I called and "Jose" answered, I told him who I was and why I was calling and he hung up on me. I immediately called back, got some lady who didn't give her name and said, "Yeah, I really placed this order. Why did I have to call?" She said there has been alot of credit card fraud and were just doing it for extra precaution. Meh, that's fine I guess.... at least someone is watching out for my credit card. :)

#229 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

I noticed there's no PS3 games listed in the OP, so I just wanted to add :ps3:Prototype ($19.95) to the list.

#230 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

I noticed there's no PS3 games listed in the OP, so I just wanted to add :ps3:Prototype ($19.95) to the list.

I didn't add it because it may be an online only game...stores dont have that priced for sale to my knowledge.

#231 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

I didn't add it because it may be an online only game...stores dont have that priced for sale to my knowledge.

I was talking about in store. I haven't even looked online.

#232 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:45 AM

Went to my local FV, picked up G.I. Joe & Ghostbusters for $10 each.
They also had Prototype for $20, and 75% of the other online deals.

#233 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

Im thinking of picking up Saboteur and Far Cry 2, lots of good deals here

It is an amazing deal on those 2. I noticed half had them for $29 like new with everything so i jumped on it there for saboteur. They had 3 more for around $30 like new there with everything.

The far cry 2 i am still waiting on my replacement i hope it comes fine. I really do miss that game.

I am tempted to order brutal legends 360 from family. I also wanted NCAA football 2010 for $30 but the unknown i ordered it from amazon for $40 shipped brand new from warehouse deals when they had it cheaper. I need my sports games not all scratched to hell they spin so fast nonstop.

Ghostbusters for $10 is an amazing deal i hope people buy that one since the multiplayer is fun and the single player story was sweet. The gameplay i enjoyed as well.

Funny how G.I. Joe is now $10 i paid $20 there i guess that will drive down other places in prices for a bit while its that low. :)

#234 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the post! I picked up Batman: AA, James Cameron's Avatar, Far Cry 2, Fear 2, 50 Cent: BotS for a mere pittance. :)

An unusual thing happened, however. After placing my order I received an email from Family Video telling me I had to call them to verify my order before they would bill/ship it. I called and "Jose" answered, I told him who I was and why I was calling and he hung up on me. I immediately called back, got some lady who didn't give her name and said, "Yeah, I really placed this order. Why did I have to call?" She said there has been alot of credit card fraud and were just doing it for extra precaution. Meh, that's fine I guess.... at least someone is watching out for my credit card. :)

Hahaha Jose hungup on you wow this happens way to much when you call companies for CS these days. ::D

#235 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

Yo, this is only my first post on CAG. I have lurked for a while but never been able to find any good deals around my parts, so I have never posted anything.

But thank you OP and everyone else who was contributed deals to this thread. There have been some awesome deals on here. I am hoping we get something good tonight, maybe an Arkham Asylum for 19.99?

I want to hold off on going until we see if there are any good deals for tomorrow, but my Ultimate Alliance 2 disc is messed up, and I will be in the area tonight, so I might as well swap it out while I wait on my passport pics at Walgreens. Maybe the little latina cutie behind the counter and the old chick who tried to 'panhandle' me for the Korean Won in my wallet will be there again...

#236 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

any new updates this week?

#237 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

I am surprised how many cheap good games are still cheap. They been putting them up then down since before xmas. If i did not have such a backlog i would jump on transformers 2/brutal legends/ult alliance 2. $55 around with tax shipped is nice.

#238 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

I am surprised how many cheap good games are still cheap. They been putting them up then down since before xmas. If i did not have such a backlog i would jump on transformers 2/brutal legends/ult alliance 2. $55 around with tax shipped is nice.

I can't speak on Transformers 2, but Brutal Legend and MUA:2 are definitely worth it. Both are really good games.
Prototype...now that is the one game they have that I am unsure about or I would have picked it up by now.

#239 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

I can't speak on Transformers 2, but Brutal Legend and MUA:2 are definitely worth it. Both are really good games.
Prototype...now that is the one game they have that I am unsure about or I would have picked it up by now.

I didn't like TF2, but still think it's worth $10.
But again, there are only a few games I think AREN'T worth $10...

#240 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

no big updates today...removed operation flashpoint as it's sold out, and adding GTA liberty city for 29.95