Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered from them before and can vouch for their surprisingly excellent disc condition. Inclusion of a manual is only about 50% of the time but the discs are in much better shape than those from GameFly.

Thanks a ton OP! I've been waiting weeks for Infamous to go on sale for $29.99 at Famvid. My local store has 5 or 6 copies, and they eventually pare down all PS3 games to just 2 or 3 copies by selling off a few. I picked up Killzone 2 for $30 many months ago this way, and I knew I'd be able to get Infamous for $30 if I was patient enough (a hefty CAG backlog helps out in that department). I'll definitely check my local Famvid store first thing tomorrow.

I bought Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood at my local store in Newburgh IN. They had Quantum of Solace there also for 9.95 and Ghostbusters for 360 for 29.95.

[quote name='polishpride212']There are some good games, but the closest FV is 160 miles away, according to the website.[/QUOTE]

You can order most these online at www.familyvideo.com for the same price and shipping is like 2 bucks. Only thing is that you might not get a manual but you get the case and game so that works better for you. The closest one to me is like 20 miles away but never have the newer games in-stock so I normally get them from the site.

Now, to debate on if I want to wait for Uncharted 2 to drop to the magical $29.95 price point.

[quote name='cdeener']You can order most these online at www.familyvideo.com for the same price and shipping is like 2 bucks. Only thing is that you might not get a manual but you get the case and game so that works better for you. The closest one to me is like 20 miles away but never have the newer games in-stock so I normally get them from the site.

Now, to debate on if I want to wait for Uncharted 2 to drop to the magical $29.95 price point.[/QUOTE]
enjoy your wait for Uncharted 2, seriously theres being cheap and then theres being silly. This game will be worth MSRP, but ill bet you can get it for less at release

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']enjoy your wait for Uncharted 2, seriously theres being cheap and then theres being silly. This game will be worth MSRP, but ill bet you can get it for less at release[/QUOTE]

I probably will get it before it hits that price but it is nice to know it will be there down the line. More than likely I will get it from Gamestop with some trades.

They are a good site, I bought from them...but just a FYI...if you do get a bad disc, it is up to you to pay for replacement shipping. Most sites do this I guess...but just so you know.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']but the discs are in much better shape than those from GameFly.[/QUOTE]

There's something better than pristine? :)

Stopped by my local Famvid store today looking for Infamous, and it was indeed on sale for $29.99. They had five copies of the game, three of which were for sale. Only one copy had a manual, so I made sure to take that copy to the front counter. Thanks again for the tip, OP. Great deal!

I went to my local FV in Carrollton, TX. I picked up Too Human for 9.95 and GH Metallica for 19.95. Both for the 360.

question about this.
My local famvid has something on their marquee about games for $14.95. Does the half off membership work for purchasing games in store? I just moved, and I get half off my first month.

Didn't even know I had a local store until today. Going to call and check for local copies of some of this. I do enjoy disc inspection when I can get it.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I checked the site, and infamous is selling for a lot more than $30.[/QUOTE]

It's $30 used, but they don't have any used copies online. You'll have to find it at a Famvid store if there are any in your area.

[quote name='myl0r']question about this.
My local famvid has something on their marquee about games for $14.95. Does the half off membership work for purchasing games in store? I just moved, and I get half off my first month.[/QUOTE]

the marquee would have been advertising the half off special which you can continue after your first month of membership. For 14.95 you can continue to get half off of any movie or game rentals for the next 30 days. Unfortunately this does not work on any purchases.

gah, I've been looking for a Punch-Out deal since it came out and I just drove by a family video in another town. The cag in me said, "C'mon, you know you want to go deal hunting!" but the husband in me said "It's your anniversary jackass, let it go for a day." Guess who won.

[quote name='handsomepete']gah, I've been looking for a Punch-Out deal since it came out and I just drove by a family video in another town. The cag in me said, "C'mon, you know you want to go deal hunting!" but the husband in me said "It's your anniversary jackass, let it go for a day." Guess who won.[/QUOTE]

Let us know how you like the game ;)

One of my friends at college was gonna pay 60 for NCAA Football 10, so I recommended him here and he ordered in a heart beat. I have ordered from here before and understand the game is usually in great condition, but you only get the manual 50% of the time. He just wanted to know how long they take to arrive. If I remember correctly it arrived in about a week. Is this accurate give or take a few days? I am in Southern Maine.

I have a FV in my little town. I've gone in a few times, but the "for sale" selection of used games has been paltry. May have to revisit, though. Maybe they're getting more in stock from corporate now or something.

[quote name='slimin1122']The three games that dropped in price are back up to $29.99.

Darn I really wanted Punch Out for $20[/QUOTE]

these prices i'm listing are store prices that will never go back up...online I have no idea..seems they are taking a few days to match sometimes..so if you are close to a store you might want to give them a call if an online price isn't to your liking.

with Gamestop's latest coupon and edge card if Punch out is worth $25 trade in still you can pick up $15 flipping it to Gamestop.

Just received my copy of Mario Power Tennis. If it weren't for the small sticker they put in the middle of the disc, I'd swear it was brand new. Came with manual and case, and the disc looks fantastic. Highly satisfied :)

Ordered Mario Power Tennis and Punch Out online, both arrived today in flawless condition (disc, case, and manual). The only way you'd ever know it was used is the little family video sticker around the disc hole which appears to be easily removed. When I ordered I used a shipping address different than my billing and they left me an email to call them. So I called them, and a nice gal answered (no prompts, no wait) and had it squared away in about 2 minutes.

I'm sold on this place for sure. Color me impressed.

alright, updated, sorry a few days later than usual...no games this time but ps2's for 29.99 and accessories for 2.95..check 1st post for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back