Impulse Weekend Buys - 9/11/2009

franz ferdinand

CAGiversary!
This week's deals are on more indie games:

TangleBee - $9.99 - Help save the lost queens of the TangleBees in this original puzzle game!
Space Rangers 2 - $14.99 - The Dominators have invaded the civilized worlds! Take part in a freeform, open-ended space adventure like no other!
Arklight - $4.99 - Take control of the 'X52-ArkLight' and free your homeworld from the Krainian Empire.
Darkside - $4.99 - Blast your way around 100's of massive, alien packed asteroids!
Scavenger - $4.99 - Scavenger blends action based gameplay with carefully designed, challenging levels to create a shoot'em'up experience like no other.
Restaurant Empire - $9.99 - Starting with nothing except some cash and a passion for food, build a restaurant from the bottom up - hire waiters, decorate, even cook the meals!
Nemesis of the Roman Empire - $9.99 - In the height of its glory Carthage was the greatest power in the ancient world. With trade routes throughout the entire Mediterranean, there were hardly others to dispute its strength.
Warlords Battlecry III - $9.99 - Warlords Battlecry III further expands the Battlecry tradition of featuring persistent RPG-like fantasy heroes with its retinue of loyal followers fighting massive battles in the Warlords' world of Etheria.
Capitalism 2 - $9.99 - Create and control the business empire of your dreams. This in-depth strategy game covers almost every aspect of business that could be encountered in the real world.
Galactic Civilization II: Ultimate Edition - $39.95 - GalCiv II plus all expansions.
Cities XL Limited Edition - $39.99 (reg. $49.99) - Pre-order 10/09/09. CITIES XL™ is the next-generation in city-building games, allowing gamers to develop cities on realistic 3D maps using an incredible collection of unique structures. Please note that the optional online portion has a monthly fee. A demo is now available.
Time of Shadows - $26.99 - Pre-order 10/02/2009. Action RPG.

In non-indie game news,
Pre-order Resident Evil 5 and get 10% off. Get RE5 for $44.99 instead of $49.99.

EA comes to Impulse.
Nothing real exciting here -- please note that all these games have SecuROM DRM
* Spore - $39.95 - SecuROM DRM
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $29.99 - SecuROM DRM
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising - $19.95 - C&C RA3 expansion pack. - SecuROM DRM
* The Sims 3 - $49.99 - SecuROM DRM
* Dragon Age Origins - $49.99 - Pre-order, releases on 11/03/09. Developed by BioWare, comes with a pre-order bonus of a ring that gives 1% bonus XP and an additional skill point.

Ready To Play beta
Looks like Impulse is aiming to be a bit more like Steam/XFire/XBL: "Ready to Play is a revolutionary new program that enables gamers to create an on-line gaming profile of themselves after which Ready to Play will produce a "recommended friends" list. Then, when the player is ready to play a particular game, they can broadcast to any available friends or recommended friends that they are about to launch a particular game and join in."

Interested? Sign up for the Ready To Play beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, those games are almost impossible to care about. I remember that one week when Impulse put some games people have heard of on sale... That was quite a week. ;)

I ended up buying Arklight because I like Arkanoid clones. It's not as good as Shatter, but does have some similar mechanics, and more levels to boot. Not bad for $5, imo.

[quote name='eastx']Man, those games are almost impossible to care about. I remember that one week when Impulse put some games people have heard of on sale... That was quite a week. ;)[/QUOTE]

Gal Civ & Space Rangers kick ass. People do care about them, you just didn't know about them. Try out Gal Civ- it's awesome.

[quote name='eastx']Franz added those games to the list after I complained about them. :p[/QUOTE]

oh... lol =D

[quote name='eastx']Franz added those games to the list after I complained about them. :p[/QUOTE]I blame Stardock, their email only listed the first four games and the EA crap. I guess buying Spore for MSRP is more of a deal than GalCiv II in their minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
galactic div isn't a weekend deal, they have had that up there for a few weeks, same with restuarant empire, they all probably will remain on sale for a while
the first 5 games in the op are weekend sales and definitely will stop being onsale after the weekend

Ugh, why the hey does EA think they need to do DOUBLE DRM? It activates through Impulse, and then has limited activation on top of that with Securom? Geez.

bread's done
Back