ViolentLee's Lowball: MISSION COMPLETE! ***Lowball Pointers Added***

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#361 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:01 AM

Rozz's last bid came in after the buzzer.

looks legit to me!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#362 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:03 AM

Rozz's bid was 354; my closing was 355, so it Indiana Jones'ed itself under the gate in the nick of time!

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#363 PGchris

PGchris

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

hooray....right?

#364 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:05 AM

Guess I might just have to Indiana Jones myself right out of all my bids then.

#365 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

Rozz's last bid came in after the buzzer.

I don't like when this starts in lowballs. This one I agree though is difficult. He first said that his Post was the end, that means both those posts at 6:58 (8:58 central) are completely valid, BUT then he gave an EXACT end time, so I'm actually kinda on the fence for this one. But I'm not gonna fuel any bickering over it, ViolentLee's decision.

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#366 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:08 AM

Guess I might just have to Indiana Jones myself right out of all my bids then.

Then I'm sure you'll have fun being blacklisted from future lowballs. He said it ends when he finally posts it, my post came before it.

#367 DigitalNerd

DigitalNerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

I kinda wish I was outbidded on the rest of my things... :P

I thought this would be a fair lowball but we all seen how it was so....

#368 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

I didn't have this issue when I ran my lowball a while back, but if I said "no bids after a certain post", and the person posted 0.00001 seconds before I posted, that persons bids are valid.

#369 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:10 AM

Actually, he said it ended at 6:58, but whatever, I'm really not worried about being blacklisted. I don't see why I should be bound by any rules of the OP isn't bound by the rules he stated.

#370 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:11 AM

I didn't have this issue when I ran my lowball a while back, but if I said "no bids after a certain post", and the person posted 0.00001 seconds before I posted, that persons bids are valid.

We had this discussion in a last lowball. DV8Mad, the creator of lowballs, says anything before the final post counts. ViolentLee even said it counts. This is how all of the lowballs work.

#371 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:13 AM

Well, DV8Mad doesn't set the rules for all lowballs, and ViolentLee went back on what he explicitly said, but we'll just wait and see.

#372 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

Well, DV8Mad doesn't set the rules for all lowballs, and ViolentLee went back on what he explicitly said, but we'll just wait and see.

What he originally said was that it ends when he makes the last post. And at the last post he said that I got it. That's him saying twice that I got it.

#373 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

cool, we'll just wait and see

#374 DigitalNerd

DigitalNerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

What he originally said was that it ends when he makes the last post. And at the last post he said that I got it. That's him saying twice that I got it.

I agree Rozz did get in. But it still should have ended at the time stated or even when he got home, like he said.. not 10 minutes later.

#375 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

Ok, the OP never said it ended when he made the last post. He said he would come home between 5:30-6:30 and post the ending, then he came back at 6:48 and explicitly stated it would end at 6:58.

#376 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:21 AM

So, unless I'm in some weird parallel universe or something, this should have ended at 6:58 on the dot.

#377 handsome_rakshas

handsome_rakshas

Judgment of the Sea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

EVERYONE LETS FISTFIGHT!

I want all the angry people to come to my thread and anger bid.

MY LOWBALL ENDS IN LIKE 30 MINUTES
Posted Image

#378 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

Ok, the OP never said it ended when he made the last post. He said he would come home between 5:30-6:30 and post the ending, then he came back at 6:48 and explicitly stated it would end at 6:58. He never said it would end when he posted or anything like that.

He was on the mark for the final time he set. He already said that I got them. He finally gave an end time, and regardless if a time is adjusted or not it's when the final post says its over that it ends. That's why it's called an ending post. Every lowball works this way. I really don't see what you're complaining about, Violent Lee himself already stated that I got the items.

#379 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:23 AM

So, unless I'm in some weird parallel universe or something, this should have ended at 6:58 on the dot.

I dont believe that it would have to be on the dot. Even with it being 6:58 with 59 secs...its still techinically 6:58

This is the reason that I will be using a random time in a 30 minute span to stop my auction!
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#380 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:23 AM

If not on the dot then what? The guy gave a time, not "I'll post at 6:58 and it will be over."

#381 handsome_rakshas

handsome_rakshas

Judgment of the Sea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

ROZZ WINS!

FLAWED VICTORY!

You thr man Rozz!
Posted Image

#382 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

lain21us, if you have that much of an issue, PM me and we'll see what can be resolved.

I didn't do anything shady here. I kept updating everyone on what was going on. My original plan was to end between 5 and 6pm today, but that wasn't written in stone.

I gave a 10-minute warning, which I think was fair. I set a literal timer, and gave an approximation of that time.
I pre-wrote a closing post, and when my alarm went off I hit "Post." That couldn't have been more fair.

Yes, some lowballs go off at set times. But not all do: The Ultimate Lowball didn't. I didn't want to be bound by a set end time, so I never set one until 10 minutes before the ending. Seems fair to me. If you think otherwise, we'll agree to disagree.

I expect everyone to honor their bids. If you're mad you were outbid in the final hour, there's not much I can say/do about it. I have to honor bids made before the close, first and foremost.

Do I wish I could've been updating all day? Yes, but I wasn't going to sit at home in front of a computer all day to do it. And now I have to go live my life for the evening, and will deal with the rest of this drama tonight.

My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#383 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

All Lowballs i've been in except dv8mads had a specific ending time, but were still closed by the final post.

#384 johnmstewart

johnmstewart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If not on the dot then what? The guy gave a time, not "I'll post at 6:58 and it will be over."

you are being a douche...but its cool with me.

How can he be perfectible on the dot? How does he determine that the post for 6:57 wasn't so close to being 6:58...and how can he determine that the post at 6:58 int on the dot.

It still says the post was 6:58...so you lose the items.
Click the Picture to see My TradeList!

Posted Image

#385 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

lain21us has PM'ed me. Hopefully, we can resolve this without more drama in front of everyone.
I appreciate everyone's support.

#386 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:47 AM

I just want my damn invoice! haha
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#387 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:16 AM

I honestly don't see why people get so crazy over lowball endings... You got outbid by a slim second, you lost an item. It happens. I think the only way that this can be resolved is to destroy the ending bid post, honestly. That's what everybody bickers about, but I really don't understand... I thought lowballs were about having fun and trying to pick up a few items for some decent prices. When people threaten to take all their bids off because of a screw up of an ending time, it's just ridiculous. Come on guys, cut him some slack.

76561198003985248.png

#388 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:38 AM

lol i think I still won Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time yay!

#389 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

I've put together what is tentatively the correct winning bid/bidder list.
More can be found in the OP.

oL1OgRrFMOg

#390 handsome_rakshas

handsome_rakshas

Judgment of the Sea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

Wow, this is what everyone is getting so hot about? When the host of the lowball says it's over, IT'S OVER! It's so much easier that way! Good job on your lowball Lee! Now I'm off to nsahene's lowball then I'm finally going to bed. Goodnight everyone, fun lowballin' tonight!
Posted Image