Headphones recommendations - for someone with tiny ear canal

SaraAB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I want some earbuds but I can't seem to find any that will fit. I have the JVC Gummy ones and they seem to be smaller than most of the ones you find in the stores but they are still too big and they cause discomfort after about 5 min. They were only $2 at kmart so I really don't care. I also have a pair of sandisk ones that are huge and lets just say they aren't even close for fit. I am currently using the Zelda preorder clip on headphones that I bought at the former circuit city for like 4$ and they are very good (they came in a pack with a stylus and cleaning cloth).

I am assuming that earbuds are not supposed to cause discomfort. I was thinking of going with the "marshmallow" style earphones. I am not an audiophile so I just want something that will work and something that is cheap, the cheaper the better. Under $10 would be good.

I was thinking of getting these from Dealextreme and they are only $3 so it wouldn't be a lot of wasted money if I don't like them. But maybe someone here has a better recommendation?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3272

I had the JVC Marshmallows for about 2 years and finally the left channel went out. I've found that the extra tips included in the package are softer and smaller than the tips already on the earphones.

For a little more cash, you could go with the Sennheiser CX300. The black ones are under $20 on Amazon. They have different-sized tips and the Sennheiser brand is highly regarded.

I wouldn't get those earphones that you linked. They're knocking off the Sony N.U.D.E. EX line of higher-end earphones. Cheap price, but who knows how long they would last. I would put my money towards something better and more reliable.

i would recommend the zune headphones

the come whit diff size tips some really huge ones some small ones and medium ones

and the quality of sound is amazing the bass on those things will amaze you

not an audiophile but do have about 400$ invested in 2 headphones I would reccomend the bose in ear canal ones. I know bose is overpriced crap but they sound pretty clear and my gf has them and also has super tiny ears and thinks there the only thing that are actually any good for her. I know its a lot higher then what your budget is by about 1000% but a good set of earphones is one of the best investments you can make.

I have friends with thousands invested in there headphones so don't think 100$ is a lot cause it isn't. Normally I wouldn't recomend bose for anyone but i know they work for small ears.

JVC Marshmallow's were 19.00 at my Walmart and the Sennheiser CX300 are 16.99 at amazon so overall the Sennheiser would be my best bet probably, unless I could find a better price on the Marshmallows. The JVC gummy buds seem to have excellent sound especially considering the $2 I paid (Walmart is currently selling the same pair I have for 9.00 now). The thing is I don't expect to be putting these things in that often as I am pretty attached to the zelda headphones right now and they haven't broken yet. I put hot glue on the part where the headphones connect to the earbuds so it doesn't break and so I don't pull a wire by accident.

I've never even tried a pair of noise cancelling in-ear headphones before so I will probably order the $3 ones and see if I like it then order something better in the $20 range if that is the case. I just switched from the normal overhead style headphones recently, lol.

For $20 or less, I'd definitely go for the CX300 over the MMs. I got the MMs on clearance from CC for $8 when JVC decided to change the MM's packaging design. MMs for $8, yes; for $19, I'd pass on it.

Hope the DE earphones work out for you! If not, there's a lot more sub-$20 earphones to try.

I ordered the $3 buds :p Thanks. I've been looking for a good pair of earbuds. Two have crapped out on me recently. The first pair was stupidly made and has plastic bits on the end that came off easily when I stashed them in my pocket or other tight places, so I ended up losing the plastic piece, and that piece was the only way for it to stay in your ear. Then I washed my crappy RCA backup pair that had horrible bass. I'm not sure if I have tiny ears, but even the smallest set of plastic on my first earbuds got uncomfortable fast, but the quality was good, so I endured it. I'll let you know what I think of these if you still haven't decided by then and they come in.

I've been trying to decide between the Seinhansser and JVC buds on Amazon for a while (I don't really know much about them, but I liked both sets of reviews), but I'm working on negative money right now, so $3 buds are a lot better for me than $15 ones.

Yeah I'm gonna order my $3 "trial" pair today and then wait for them to come, DX isn't too bad on my end with shipping I usually get my stuff within a week or 2. I also like to have a variety of headphones to switch off so I don't mind having an extra pair or 2.

Walmart is a bit expensive on everything in electronics so I could probably do better online if I scoured a bit and maybe waited for black friday/holiday season. I can do with what I have until then.

I know this is nearly a month-old thread, but my $3 earbuds JUST came today (said it shipped on the 17. That's some some crappy shipping. Just a day short of three weeks). They did a good job copying Sony's buds I'd say :p Using the black cover, they fit snugly in my ear and were very comfortable. The sound came out clearly and had plenty of bass for my tastes. The build quality is pretty nice, except the wire feels pretty cheap. The covers take effort to get off (I thought I was going to rip them or something), but that's actually a good thing so I don't lose them in my pockets. It doesn't seem to have much noise reduction except for the loudness of the music itself, but on the volume I had them on (which felt loud to me and I like it loud) I couldn't hear them the instant they were out my ear, although if I turned it up more, I could start to hear it (maybe I just wasn't used to earbuds any more). I've only had them a day so I can't say much on their durability, but everything about them is nice for the price. I'd totally recommend them.

If you weren't concerned about cost, most skullcandys come with the really small buds as well as a set of large and medium.

bread's done
Back