CAGcast #172: A Diabolical Unboxing

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:53 AM

Cheapy and Wombat both finish Beatles: Rock Band, talk game shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and so much more! No, really...there is a lot more. Some of it even involves video games.

Download - 95 minutes, 40MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Review us on iTunes!

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photo:
Posted Image

Bonus Video:

Edited by CheapyD, 16 September 2009 - 07:33 AM.

#2 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:03 AM

downloading from itunes :)

#3 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:08 AM

Downloading... I can't wait!!!

#4 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:42 AM

Cheapy - thanks for the link to the theme song by Randall82. Is there any chance to download the version w/ the Kayne Impersonator?

#5 megaman1421

megaman1421

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

Downloaded it, won't be able to listen to it til tomorrow afternoon at work :-/ Got school in the morning so I can't listen to it then :(
Posted Image

#6 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:33 AM

i fear the day when digital distribution is the norm (such as onlive). i love having a physical copy of the games and such.

#7 Pentagram133

Pentagram133

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

Cheapy D Dropping "N" bombs like nobodies business..
Lol great show

#8 io

io

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

Cheapy - I was thinking the same thing about the Beatles Rock Band bundle. At first I figured with the $250 price tag it must also include a regular guitar (in addition to Paul's bass). When I found out that it didn't I thought, well, then it must have some exclusive DLC or a code like you suggested for some of the upcoming DLC. But no...

Instead, we get the mic stand (which I haven't even unwrapped yet) and what else? Oh yeah, some post cards... :lol:

My son wants me to get the other two $100 guitars and I told him no way. If they get dirt cheap like just about every other GH/RB peripheral then sure, I'll get them (they do look very nice). But after spending $250 on the bundle and getting more instruments we didn't even need (already had GHWT and RB2 drums and plenty of guitars) I've had enough.

And yet, I will be buying pretty much all the DLC ;). At least I have cheap MS points thanks to CAG.

I also noticed the slowdown on the Katamari demo and was pretty disappointed. Still, though, I have it preordered at Amazon. It is $49.99 MSRP though Amazon has it for $46.99. After getting it as a gold box quick pick and tacking on ECA I ended up paying $39.94. (And then I used a $30 code from the trade-in promotion and really got it for just $10). Probably without those discounts I may have waited. But I am looking forward to getting back into Katamari. It's been a few years since the 360 one came out and I have that Katamari craving again.

#9 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

I loved this show, though i did get a little puzzled about the IKEA bit. Being a Swede, and an experienced IKEA furniture assembler, i find putting those things together take between 1h-15min depending on size and amount of pieces, i guess we Swedes just have that shit built into our genes 8-)

#10 pikastylz

pikastylz

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

top 10 replies? winner! oh, and yeah, im downloading now
Posted Image

#11 io

io

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:20 PM

I loved this show, though i did get a little puzzled about the IKEA bit. Being a Swede, and an experienced IKEA furniture assembler, i find putting those things together take between 1h-15min depending on size and amount of pieces, i guess we Swedes just have that shit built into our genes 8-)

I'm sorry but Wombat nailed that one. I love IKEA stuff (and in fact am probably getting a TV stand there myself soon) but they are notorious for being a pain in the ass to build. I'm always sore for days after putting one of their larger furniture pieces together. (Though I have to say it was a bit excessive that it took Wombat ALL day to do it ;)).

#12 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

before I listen to the rest of the show.. .just want to say... that intro song is awesome! espesically the jackass mix in.
Posted Image

#13 goodybear

goodybear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

If you guys want to use your Zune HD on the mac, you can do it if you have bootcamp and/or a virtualization software called parallel desktop installed.
Parallel desktop lets you run windows software on your intel-based imacs.
http://www.metacafe...._zune_on_a_mac/

As far a the ''fake glitch" in Batman, Metal Gear Solid 2 did something similar where the system went all haywire towards the ends of the game.

#14 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

Disclaimer: I do not condone any language used in the following sketch.

Take both of the worst swear words and you get:

#15 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

Excellent show you guys! I hope to hear some dj hero impressions in an upcoming cagcast! Good luck on getting that Wombat.

#16 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat.

I know this comment is about 2 podcasts old but I felt compelled to post it in order to bust Wombat's balls. In Cagcast 170 (I think) Wombat refers to the "God awful Iron Man game", however as many Cagcast listeners will remember, about two months ago Cheapy had to practically beg Wombat to stop raving about his $7 Iron Man game.

Granted Wombat was making the point that for $7 bucks it was a good game but the reality is that a game cannot be "God awful" and really good no matter what the cost is. Back me up on this one Cheapy!

#17 Semperfi398

Semperfi398

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Amazing CAGcast as always guys! Wombat seemed a little pissy in the beginning but it happens. Anyway, I wanted to say that I hope Mrs. Wombat's voice sounds hot on next weeks show so I can touch myself when she talks about her "diabolical box". Get the tissues ready!

#18 Kewin

Kewin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

For some reason I felt bad for you Cheapy and your friend issues.

#19 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

You guys forgot a important release: Scribblenauts bitches!

Also Wombat thanks for having me never go to Gamefly. I'm in CT and I'm not gonna wait even longer for games, unless my wife gets laid off and I'm supporting a family on a $13 an hour job lol.

#20 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

While listening to the show I went to Wombat's site and searched "Wombat"

Posted Image

1xz7eo.gif

#21 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

If you looked at Sony's press release on the Slim announcement, they say that the suggested retail price is $299 even. So now your beef is with the retailers, Cheapy.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#22 Kosh

Kosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

You guys forgot a important release: Scribblenauts bitches!

No, I'm pretty sure they mentioned it. Cheapy said something about how all the reviews were saying the controls were bad.

3DS - 3196-4135-7383

WiiU - KoshOne

#23 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

While listening to the show I went to Wombat's site and searched "Wombat"

Posted Image

Ha ha, too bad thats not me, I'm not that tall, old or skinny.

#24 Cubejam

Cubejam

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Great podcast this week guys. Will you be getting Guitar hero 5 as well as Rock Band: Beatles?

Wasn't expecting my comment to be read out haha.. I understand why you were talking about it though (Howard stern appearance).

Loved the intro music this week! Haven't finished listening.. got another 30 mins left... but very good ! :D

I agree with you about guitar hero/rock band specials having limited songs... I have Guitar Hero: Aerosmith & seriously.... 20 of the songs are Aerosmith... the rest arent!
Posted Image

#25 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

your dog probably saw a ghost wombat either that or a spirit.

#26 io

io

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

Ha ha, too bad thats not me, I'm not that tall, old or skinny.

Holy crap - I match that profile exactly. Except I don't go by the nickname of wombat, I don't live in Ohio, I have more hair on top (and less on the face), I look younger, I'm better looking, and, oh yeah, I'm not gay ;). But otherwise, that dude is my TWIN!

#27 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

Blu-Rays are too expensive? Where have you guys been shopping? I usually don't pay more than $20 which is also what most new 2 Disc DVD editions cost. Also there's been tons of cheap blu-rays on sale as of late for less than $15. Space can be an issue but don't say that blu-ray discs are too expensive.

#28 Mindzeye82

Mindzeye82

Invite me to your game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

Great show!

Cheapy, your comment of the insane price for the Beatles Rockband set is only made more apparent by the $140 price of "Beatles Rockband Special Value Bundle." This includes the game and all of the normal rockband instruments. For $40 more dollars you could buy the stand alone Rock Band 2 game and for $5 more dollars + the cost of a game rental, import all the songs from the original rockband.

So for the cost of the "special edition" , you could have Beatles Rockband (140), Rock Band 2 (40), and the songs from Rock Band 1 (10~) and $60 extra dollars.

That deal sounds so good, I think I might actually grab it as I dont have any of the rockband games or instruments!

Edited by Mindzeye82, 17 September 2009 - 01:17 PM.

[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#29 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

If you looked at Sony's press release on the Slim announcement, they say that the suggested retail price is $299 even. So now your beef is with the retailers, Cheapy.

https://www.sonystyl...y.com/index.php

#30 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

Great show!

About Batman:Arkham Asylum,
Spoiler