CAGcast #172: A Diabolical Unboxing

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:05 AM

As far a the ''fake glitch" in Batman, Metal Gear Solid 2 did something similar where the system went all haywire towards the ends of the game.

As did Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Anyone remember when they pulled that trick in the Gremlins 2 movie? In theaters it looked like the film projector stuttered. In the VHS version that tracking went bonkers. Haven't checked to see what they did, if anything, for the DVD.

#32 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

Does anyone have a guess for the identity of the Kayne impersonator?

#33 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

Blu-Rays are too expensive? Where have you guys been shopping? I usually don't pay more than $20 which is also what most new 2 Disc DVD editions cost. Also there's been tons of cheap blu-rays on sale as of late for less than $15. Space can be an issue but don't say that blu-ray discs are too expensive.

I think they're talking about typical new releases. Not sales or specials. And hey, can someone explain to me why Blu-ray movies come in 2-disc editions for the extras? Isn't the whole point that they have all this extra space on the disc.

I'm with Cheapy. Yes, side by side Blu-ray looks better but it's not vastly better than upscaled DVD. At least not to the point for me to buy new equipment and my movies all over again. You only really notice the difference when you have a very large 1080p television. Anything else and you're deluding youself.

#34 Jazar

Jazar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:06 AM

I think they're talking about typical new releases. Not sales or specials. And hey, can someone explain to me why Blu-ray movies come in 2-disc editions for the extras? Isn't the whole point that they have all this extra space on the disc.

No the point of Blu-ray is that gives you the best possible picture and sound quality. Dedicate the full space to AQ/PQ of the feature film and move all supplementals to another disc not only allows for the best presenation but the public thinks they are getting a better value.

#35 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

I can't believe there were more CAGs who weren't for you regarding the whole 299.99 thing. It's either 299.99 or 300. Those who say 99 cents is nothing, well I wonder just how many of them clip coupons just to save 20 cents on a box of cereal or something, or scouring the Internet for news for free cheap shit, or even those begging for a 48 hr Live card or some code. Money is money even if it is a few cents.

Another thing I realized is how cheapy is once again complaining about not getting a free code (for what, I forget). I really want to know what your reasoning for wanting one is. It can't really be because you are cheap and want something free; I mean you do spend without thinking twice for things and without really haviung to worry about your finical situation.

Come on Cheapy, tell CAG the real reason. It has to be the same reasons I mentioned (in a post most likely overlooked). You just want respect and recognition. You run a fairly successful business (relatively speaking). I think you just want the videogames industry to appreciate and know you more. It would be great if you did something like when Wombat covered that Advance Wars event at Nintendo World (he should also try to get more of those). Cheapy, you have to get more screen time and be in the public eye if you want your business to grow, especially if you plan on retiring by 40 :D.

anyway entertaing cast this time and not too many parts that just went on and on.

#36 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:44 AM

i need a japanese wife too for some unboxing lol

i know it's true we should have more songs on Beatles rock band, but i know a lot are coming in form of DLC so i'm not bitching about it as much as you

and Marvel UA2 is fun as hell

#37 bigtymer

bigtymer

High End Space Cop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

I actually just laughed out loud for the first time in a while while listening to a CAGcast. During Wombat's story about his deceased iPod, "Did you unbox her?" "Yeah, I unboxed her...with my Batarang."

Unbox seems like an unsavory act to me, maybe to unbox = hate Fuck. I don't know just throwing that out there.

Thanks guys for another great show.

#38 HooHaa

HooHaa

Water hazard?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

Y'know what? Fuck CubeJam (or whatever his name is).

As an international listener, part of the now infamous "less than 1%", I would like to say that I loved the Stern clip and I enjoyed knowing that you two got such a great experience in return for the 170+ hours of free entertainment I've recieved from you guys over the last few years.

#39 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

Pro-tip: Buy Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero on the PS3. Gamesharing works with music game tracks so you're only paying 1/5th the price. If you own a PS3, you made a mistake if you purchased it on 360.

#40 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

The official CAGcast intro theme song if finally found!

Posted Image

#41 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

The mystery rapper is none other than CheapyD himself.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

The mystery rapper is none other than CheapyD himself.

No it is not, not even close

#43 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hey, I tried, no one else has guessed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Pro-tip: Buy Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero on the PS3. Gamesharing works with music game tracks so you're only paying 1/5th the price. If you own a PS3, you made a mistake if you purchased it on 360.

Then the PS3 community wonders why they don't get the DLC support that that other platforms do.

Edited by banodyne, 17 September 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#45 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

wow, the CAGcast intro was awesome.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#46 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

Then the PS3 community wonders why they don't get the DLC support that that other platforms do.

No company has yet to complain about gamesharing and it's even more telling they don't block the gamesharing option when I believe they have the choice.

#47 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

btw Wombat, some people managed to remove the Batarang from the base. they're actually playing with it, look out! lol. glad you got it. :)

edit: new Batman DLC came out. the infinite enemies are actually really hard with the insane dudes. i beat Cheapy's score easily. ;)

Edited by LiK, 18 September 2009 - 02:45 AM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#48 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Great show guys.

Wanted to comment about Wombat's Gamefly experience. I live in a small town in Indiana (Valparaiso) and I am also assigned to the Pittsburgh distribution facility. I'm not particularly sure where exactly you are, but could you delay in timing be due to the Postal Service and not Gamefly itself? Surely if your mail gets redirected to a highly populated area's facility (example: New York), there's going to be a longer wait time. Wouldn't you think?

For the record, when I return a game it takes two days, then two to three days to get a game. I usually time out new releases and know if I want to get one shipped out the day they it will be released, I need to have a game back in the mail at least a week before it becomes available. Works 98% of the time.

#49 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

No it is not, not even close

Ummm, so it was Wombat? Ship? Mrs Ship? Super Pgmr John?

#50 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

The mystery rapper is Wombat

#51 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

No company has yet to complain about gamesharing and it's even more telling they don't block the gamesharing option when I believe they have the choice.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of developers that don't like gamesharing and probably don't have a say in whether their games can or can't allow it. I don't think I've heard of a PSN game not allowing it (Warhawk and the other retail games on PSN don't count), so I don't think it's something they could actually enable or disable. Dylan Cuthbert, of Q-Games, made his unenthusiastic opinion of gamesharing known recently on his twitter feed, which made NeoGAF go nuts for some reason.

https://www.sonystyl...y.com/index.php

Yeah, that's a retailer. I doubt anyone at SCEA is actually running the Sony Store, so they're a third-party that's upcharging for it like most everyone else.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#52 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

Guys, I enjoy all your shows it really helps get me through my weekly slog. This week's show was especially enjoyable. I can't say exactly why though. I think maybe the parts where Wombat leads is seeming less forced? Or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

I miss the Cags on News theme song though...Wombat's a CAG why not play it?

Anyways, thanks for the CAGcast!

#53 Cubejam

Cubejam

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Cheapy, you have to get more screen time and be in the public eye if you want your business to grow, especially if you plan on retiring by 40 :D.

I agree with that bit... I was first aware of CAG because of your youtube channel... I think you should start building your youtube audience up a bit more... make some cool videos.. some video reviews or something... then like me... people will flood over to the website.... also we get to see that gorgeous shiny head of yours again... ;)
Posted Image

#54 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

The mystery rapper is Wombat

No it is not

#55 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

Mystery rapper is Sabrina. Wombat has some pretty awesome voice-editing software.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#56 Insane_Rooster

Insane_Rooster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm an international listener (live in Sweden). I know who Howard Stern is and I really loved the story about your visit to the Stern show. So there.

#57 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Theme song is :hot:

#58 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

I'm glad CheapyD won that Howard Stern visit for 10,000 bucks. Cause if it was $10,000.99 CheapyD would have not touched that shit!

#59 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

First off you guys need to get your fact straight and realize that Microsoft has little to no exclusives. Saying that Star Ocean is no longer a 360 exclusive is hilarious (since it was first hinted as a PS3 exclusive). Have you not seen Microsoft's cock blocking time exclusive maneuver yet? What Microsoft needs to do is actually come out with a new franchise from Microsoft. Well they tried that and they have only had one HUGE success of Halo (witch they did not really develop and just purchased Bungie after they saw Halo at a game show). After X-Box and the failures of games such as Azurik, Blinx, Brute Force, Fuzion Frenzy, Grabbed by the Goulies, Sudeki, and Tao Fang shows that they have shitty studios.

Than the list of games that they did do well and where sales flops like Fable, Phantom Dust, Viva Pinata and others. Even this generation the newest franchise is Crackdown wich is a good game, but they need more games like Crackdown and quit spending money on time exclusive games.

Nintendo also has this flaw (no new franchises, just re-hashed and sequels) but this generation they introduced new games but no one has the new franchises this year like Sony. They have given us Uncharted, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, and Heavenly Sword this generation. Microsoft has given us....Crackdown.....I guess I can throw in Halo Wars as well so that is only two Microsoft new franchise exclusives and they had a whole year ahead of the PS3. If Microsoft fails to pump out exclusives and just get timed exclusives as a consumer I would rather get a game from Microsoft than a multi-platform that will come out with better features in a few months for the PS3 such as Star Ocean and Tales.

Oh, one more thing I did not forget about my favorite multi-player game of all time Gears of War, Microsoft once again owns the rights to only the first two games and now its Epics property to do what they want. I have no doubt that Microsoft will again pay big money to make sure that does not come over to PS3. But to read fanboys post on why would a 360 owner want to buy a PS3 the point is Microsoft is lacking real exclusives and is just getting timed exclusives. In some cases when we wait we get better and more content. So is it really worth time exclusiveness to possibly get less content?

Edited by Davestation, 20 September 2009 - 12:10 AM.

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#60 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

I think it's a sign of how non-controversial this episode was that there are so few comments.

Will either of you get the new Mario & Luigi game? I don't know that I ever heard either of you talk about the other games, but it strikes me it could be a fun game for the DS. Then again, since Cheapy has the iPhone and Wombat the iPod Touch, I'm guessing neither of you play your DS much anymore (and if your PSP is like mine, it's collecting dust). Is there a genre of game that you think would make you take your DS with you instead of the iPod Touch, when on the subway/train and such?

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/