Walmart.com Starts Selling Used Games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9220[/IMG-R]Walmart.com is the latest online retailer to jump into the used games business. Used games debuted on their website today, appearing to be available online only.

The link below will show you the 29 used games currently available on Walmart.com. Although the selection is incredibly weak right now, I'm going to make a safe bet and say that the selection is going to grow larger pretty soon. Hopefully, the prices will become more competitive as well.

UPDATE: All used games have been pulled from the site.

UPDATE #2: Pre-owned landing page added with 221 games for sale.

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Used Game Selection at Walmart.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Walmart take only games with case & manual? Or is it just all out? Hopefully they only accept games that are complete and get some good prices soon. :)

I don't know why all stores dabbling in used games always sell them for ridiculous prices. Probably because humans are idiots and will pay those prices, but any game on that list is probably easier to get elsewhere.

I feel bad for people without the internet. :(

What a random selection. It's as if some guy working on the Web site put some of his unwanted games up for sale. Hopefully it grows and prices get better. More competition is always good.

Somehow I get the feeling that more stores like Wal-Mart getting into the used business, is going to start another outcry from publishers? They are going to eventually want their cut.

[quote name='howlinmad']Somehow I get the feeling that more stores like Wal-Mart getting into the used business, is going to start another outcry from publishers? They are going to eventually want their cut.[/QUOTE]
I'm tuning my tiny violin in anticipation.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I feel bad for people without the internet. :([/QUOTE]

Actually, all of these games are being sold online only.

[quote name='salty tbone']More competition is always good.[/QUOTE]

It seems more like Wal-mart is attempting to do what they always do, which is drive the smaller stores out of business.

Cheapy, is that the first attempt at a small new designed Wal-Mart logo for the Forum Index?? It looks like something straight out of Crackdown..why not make all the 'sticks' perfect rectangles...or is that some kind of infringement??

[quote name='token2k6']Cheapy, is that the first attempt at a small new designed Wal-Mart logo for the Forum Index?? It looks like something straight out of Crackdown..why not make all the 'sticks' perfect rectangles...or is that some kind of infringement??[/QUOTE]
It's the imagine from their favicon (browser icon). I'll work on after I get some sleep. If anyone else wants a shot at it, a 15x15 icon with transparent background would be ideal ;)

With Companies complaining about EB selling used games hurting their bottom lines, what will be the repercussions of TRU, WM, EB and I guess BB will eventually get in the act....I imagine at some point it will hurt some big budget particularly single player games....and the industry will take a hard stand and go with alternatives like digital download only?

god, this is ridiculous. Now everyones running a pawn shop. Digital downloads are coming and there go any deals that were thought of coming.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']god, this is ridiculous. Now everyones running a pawn shop. Digital downloads are coming and there go any deals that were thought of coming.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think we should ban together and just to save physical media and the accompanying deals, we should Go to retailers outside of the Game Only stores like EB and maybe let TRU slide and make the other retailers frequently open the used games for inspection before purchase then point out something wrong with the disc and not buy, causing time and money to the retailer who will get out of the used game.

These prices are freaking outrageous. Someone needs to accept the fact that they're only going to make 200% profit on used games, not 300% heh.

Pretty bad prices, terrible games. I wonder if they will accept trade ins at some point soon to fuel this used game selling or if they are just buying used games from somewhere. Nevertheless, has some potential but Wal-Mart's prices are overpriced for games. They never go down!

You would think a corporation as successful as Walmart would realize that when you try to cut into the market of a dominant force like GS, you need to actually be better than them, at least initially. Those prices are pretty much the same as GS. Unless they have some kind of homerun of a promotion, this is just awful business by them.

[quote name='Prix Dante']Who's next to jump on the used game market? Target?[/QUOTE]

Walgreens!

:bouncy:

kidding of course.

I'm not quite sure why anyone would buy Video Games at Wal-Mart on a regular basis. I am going to try and get Valkyria Chronicles for $20 there, but deals like that are few and far between.

:roll: wow, come on...everybody's doin it! Hopefully with more used games sellers, those prices will start to come down.

Kinda leery about this. Walmart doesn't accept trades (obviously) so most of these games are probably open box returns. I worked VG retail for (too) many years and know that most returns are bullshit and really do work fine, but some are legitimately defective. So is Walmart actually trying to pawn off their broken crap at ridiculous prices? I knew I shopped at Target for a reason...

[quote name='CheapyD']Walmart Enters Used Game Business Via Kiosk Buyback Program[/QUOTE]

What he said. There has been a kiosk at the front of my store for some months now. Plenty of time to amass a collection of used titles. I've never checked the specifics of the machine, but I'm pretty sure you get store credit in exchange for your wares (which requires you to have the box for those interested).

i checked one out recently in coventry ri they have the kiosk, you dont have to have the case you just put it in the machine by the disc alone and if you have a case you drop it in somewhere i believe, its kinda like a red box too i think they had movies to rent too but like i said instead of the thin redbox type case its just disc straight in like putting one in a ps3. oh and you needed a credit card too dont know if you get store credit or what though

Maybe the Kiosk just takes your games but gives nothing back. :lol: :shock: I would like to know the TIVs of titles when you put your games into the Kiosk.

i tried messing with it but didnt feel like putting in my credit card number at the time, you cant get any trade in values until you do that first i think. and the coventry one had some pathetic games in it, i forget what but some old crap

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Maybe the Kiosk just takes your games but gives nothing back. :lol: :shock: [/QUOTE]

That happened to me at a Best Buy Kiosk. My wife put a movie and the kiosk gave us an error message and never returned the disc. We approached a manager who was clueless about what to do. She told us to come back the next day for the disc. I called Best Buy Corporate to bitch about the situation and they sent me a $10 gift card for my hassle. Fair enough!

[quote name='oasisboy']That happened to me at a Best Buy Kiosk. My wife put a movie and the kiosk gave us an error message and never returned the disc. We approached a manager who was clueless about what to do. She told us to come back the next day for the disc. I called Best Buy Corporate to bitch about the situation and they sent me a $10 gift card for my hassle. Fair enough![/QUOTE]

Haha, the fun with Best Buy never stops!

[quote name='NegativeZero']Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Xbox 360) - Pre-Owned $49.96!?!?![/QUOTE]
Hahahaha I know. You could probably buy a new copy from someone on ebay for about $30

As much as I hate Gamestop and Gamecrazy, they do know how to be cutthroat about the used game business (though the Gamecrazy clerk trying to ask me ten different ways if I want the used version is enough to make me not shop there anymore). When Circuit City was still around, I saw a bunch of $50 used games that they were selling for less than $30 new!!!

bread's done
Back