Look at This Teabagger

mykevermin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (97%)
http://lookatthisfuckingteabagger.com/

tumblr_kpzvv6xGNY1qa3xbjo1_500.png

tumblr_kq1nvyepLJ1qa3xbjo1_500.png

No shit. That's Jones Hall she's standing in front of. Go Houston. Figures they'd meet up in the liberal artsy part of downtown.
/hot as hell

David Gergen: So, Republicans have got a way -- they still haven’t found their voice, Anderson. They’re still -- this happens to a minority party after it’s lost a couple of bad elections, but they’re searching for their voice.

Anderson Cooper: It's hard to talk when you're teabagging.

Jesus I hope all this hate mongering shit by those rich idiots (I don't even know what to call them exactly, hate profiteers?) doesn't come back and bite us all in the ass.

There are always the crazies that think this kind of shit, but trying to concentrate and popularize it for profit? Don't they even care that it could cause some of these people to do some stupid shit?

Why are they called teabaggers? We all know they're just GOP's plants to stage their phony protest. Not surprising that all of them are racists.

I know there was a shitstorm after Jimmy Carter said that the teabaggers are simply racist, but it really is true. There are people who are against Obama's actions (me included for many of them) but they don't have these ridiculously stupid signs and they don't make these outrageously false claims.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I know there was a shitstorm after Jimmy Carter said that the teabaggers are simply racist, but it really is true. There are people who are against Obama's actions (me included for many of them) but they don't have these ridiculously stupid signs and they don't make these outrageously false claims.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone finally had the balls to acknowledge what was a huge pink elephant in the room.

Anybody who truly thinks these people are pissed off over fucking HEALTHCARE REFORM of all things is an idiot.

Obama said he didn't believe Joe Wilson's actions were done out of racism.

Either Obama Lied, or some of you are full of it.

wait. what?

who stole your account this morning? I expect some insight from you bolstered by really out there hypothetical scenarios. not questions that create false dichotomies and make no sense.

[quote name='UncleBob']Obama said he didn't believe Joe Wilson's actions were done out of racism.

Either Obama Lied, or some of you are full of it.[/QUOTE]

Opinion different...therefore...lies...if opinion different...full of it...does not compute...*head asplode*

[quote name='UncleBob']Obama said he didn't believe Joe Wilson's actions were done out of racism.

Or maybe he's trying to down play the whole thing so it will just go away.

Because politicians never do that.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'm glad someone finally had the balls to acknowledge what was a huge pink elephant in the room.

Anybody who truly thinks these people are pissed off over fucking HEALTHCARE REFORM of all things is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a really an elephant in the room, since many of them at this point are pretty overt in their racism.

And no, it's obviously not about healthcare. I would guess less than 10% of the protesters understand the health care debate or how it would affect them. They don't like Obama because he is a Democrat, and more importantly because he is black. It's not political, it's not economic, it's bigotry. That's really all it is.

Isn't Wilson from SC? There's no freakin' way that at least some of it WASN'T done out of racism. Reminds me of the Civil War episode of South Park.

"The entire state of South Carolina showed up!"
"I knew they'd come!"

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Isn't Wilson from SC? There's no freakin' way that at least some of it WASN'T done out of racism. Reminds me of the Civil War episode of South Park.

"The entire state of South Carolina showed up!"
"I knew they'd come!"[/QUOTE]

No joke, when asked by NPR for an opinion on Wilson's actions, one of his constituents replied "he was just calling a spade a spade."

Is this going to be the new liberal tactic? Paint all people who are opposed to any of Obama's spending initiatives as racist? Yes, there are some stupid, ignorant people on the right, but to say that they represent all people who oppose Obama is like saying that the crazies who believe George Bush had a controller and personally flew the planes into the WTC represent all liberals. When did it come down to mud slinging? Can't we all go back to the usual tactics like scaring seniors?

[quote name='bvharris']No joke, when asked by NPR for an opinion on Wilson's actions, one of his constituents replied "he was just calling a spade a spade."[/QUOTE]
You do know the etymology of that phrase, don't you? The use of "spade" as a derogatory term for blacks is a twentieth century invention, but the colloquialism predates Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_call_a_spade_a_spade

[quote name='spmahn']Is this going to be the new liberal tactic? Paint all people who are opposed to any of Obama's spending initiatives as racist? Yes, there are some stupid, ignorant people on the right, but to say that they represent all people who oppose Obama is like saying that the crazies who believe George Bush had a controller and personally flew the planes into the WTC represent all liberals. When did it come down to mud slinging? Can't we all go back to the usual tactics like scaring seniors?[/QUOTE]

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/09/17/limbaugh-we-need-segregated-buses/

I guess I fail to see the connection between wanting to keep more of your hard earned money and racism.
Yes, there are some people involved that are racists. That's going to happen all over the place. But to say that nobody on "the left" could be racist is simply absurd as is stating that the sole purpose behind these demonstrations is racism.

Some of those pictures are damn funny though...

[quote name='spmahn']Is this going to be the new liberal tactic? Paint all people who are opposed to any of Obama's spending initiatives as racist? Yes, there are some stupid, ignorant people on the right, but to say that they represent all people who oppose Obama is like saying that the crazies who believe George Bush had a controller and personally flew the planes into the WTC represent all liberals. When did it come down to mud slinging? Can't we all go back to the usual tactics like scaring seniors?[/QUOTE]

Here's an excellent article (on Fox News, no less!) about the allegation of racism.

I have witnessed this firsthand at several of the health care town halls, where angry white citizens gathered not to talk about policy details, but to vent their anger that "this guy" was changing "their country" by trying to give health care to "those people."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/09/17/marc-lamont-hill-obama-race-right/

I'm opposed to several of his policies and decisions myself, but the level of animus towards this president is fueled by more than mere opposition. There's a complete lack of will to listen to or consider his proposals.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't think it's a really an elephant in the room, since many of them at this point are pretty overt in their racism.

And no, it's obviously not about healthcare. I would guess less than 10% of the protesters understand the health care debate or how it would affect them. They don't like Obama because he is a Democrat, and more importantly because he is black. It's not political, it's not economic, it's bigotry. That's really all it is.[/QUOTE]

What I meant was it sems like the left is really afraid of bringing up race in the whole matter, or obvious and completeky understandable reasons. I'm just glad someone finally brought attention to it and called them on it.

[quote name='Msut77']http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/09/17/limbaugh-we-need-segregated-buses/[/QUOTE]
Let me guess. You didn't even watch the damn video.
LIMBAUGH: Greetings, my friends. It's Obama's America, is it not? Obama's America -- white kids getting beat up on school buses now. I mean, you put your kids on a school bus, you expect safety, but in Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, "Yeah, right on, right on, right on!" And of course, everybody says, "Oh, the white kid deserved it, he was born a racist, he's white." Newsweek magazine told us this. We know that white students are destroying civility on buses, white students destroying civility in classrooms all over America, white congressmen destroying civility in the House of Representatives.
And we can redistribute students while we redistribute their parents' wealth. I mean, we can just redistribute everything, just return the white students to their rightful place -- their own bus, with bars on the windows and armed guards. They're racists, they get what they deserve -- Newsweek magazine told us this, post-racial America. I mean, I wonder if Obama's going to come to the defense of the assailants the way he did his friend Skip Gates up there at Harvard. I mean, the assailants are presumed innocent due to the white racism we all know runs rampant in America. I mean, the drive-by media is ginning up all this criticism of Obama again today -- it's all based in racism, the criticism of Obama's health care plan or whatever. It's all based in racism.
LIMBAUGH: I think the guy's wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that's the lesson we're being taught here today. Kid shouldn't have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses -- it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama's America.
Since I suppose everyone's sarcasm dectors are broken, I'll explain. Limbaugh was using sarcasm, as evidenced by the proceeding statements. He wasn't saying that we should take the black kids away from the white kids, but rather we need to take the white kids away from the black kids, because the white kids are racist. All the while using sarcasm. That would be why he said earlier:
just return the white students to their rightful place -- their own bus, with bars on the windows and armed guards. They're racists, they get what they deserve
[quote name='bvharris']No joke, when asked by NPR for an opinion on Wilson's actions, one of his constituents replied "he was just calling a spade a spade."[/QUOTE]
You know, before this was posted on here, I had no idea that "spade" was a racially derogatory term. I had never heard it used as one.
[quote name='bvharris']I don't think it's a really an elephant in the room, since many of them at this point are pretty overt in their racism.

And no, it's obviously not about healthcare. I would guess less than 10% of the protesters understand the health care debate or how it would affect them. They don't like Obama because he is a Democrat, and more importantly because he is black. It's not political, it's not economic, it's bigotry. That's really all it is.[/QUOTE]
I would hope that you are not insinuating that most of the people at these tea parties are racist.
Now, I would like to direct everyone's attention to some of the comments in the article msut posted:
when is this Fat F…k’s Kidney finally gonna fail? I’ve been waiting! When he croaks - we can celebrate! ..the worst part is…these Right wingers think he actually cares about them..lol this Fat,self serving slob only cares about the Millions he makes spewing this garbage to these weirdos.
Since the Congress is wasting its time to debate/vote on any meaningless “the issues we’re facing in the country” anyway, how about a debate to vote on whether TO SHUT THIS GUY UP FOREVER? Wait, the debate is pretty much over, just vote.
WE DO NEED SEGREGATED BUSES….to take Limbaugh and all his “followers” listeners to the loony home or down to Mexico where they can score some Oxycontin so Rush can show them how it’s done.
He’s bellowing that this is Obama’s America. No, this is Rush’s America.
Limbaugh looks like a fascist, now talks like one. And I think he’s trying to make his listeners into fascists too.
Freedom of speech doesn’t make incitement ok. He is as irresponsible as they get. Many of his listeners are very impressionable and not too smart. He should back off because he’s biting something too big even for him to chew.
Me personally, I think we should have segregated buses for the teabaggers/birthers/deathers/etc., and their spokespeople.

Me personally, I think we should have segregated buses for the teabaggers/birthers/deathers/etc., and their spokespeople.
Right before it gets driven off a cliff, right?
I'm glad that everyone thinks so highly of each other. Getting rid of freedom of speech for the people who you disagree with, segregating them from the population, killing them, wishing for their death.

citing comments on internet blogs to make a political point is the discursive equivalent of hearing the bartender shout "LAST CALL!"

I don't remember her exact quote but I like this bit the best.

"the land is free we should sell it at the farmers market".

I understand why democrats and most media outlets are so intent on making this about racism. It's an effective tool for immediately discrediting the other side's opinions. What do the people here that are not receiving payoffs have to gain? How has everyone managed to become so embroiled in partisan politics, in the idea of "my team v. your team".

As someone who watches as much as I can from a diverse range of media outlets and actually reads through everyone's arguments here instead of just identifying and targeting opponents, I can tell you exactly what the core belief of the people you so nastily term "teabaggers" is: Most politicians are dishonest and motivated by self-interest. They endorse whatever they need to endorse to keep their financial backers happy and they say whatever they need to say to get re-elected, whether it is an accurate reflection of their actions or not. This, not coincidentally, was the democrat mantra under Bush. The political party system has done a great job of polarizing the country to keep people from applying that label to whichever part of the 2-party system they've chosen to identify with. So even though liberals know they had many members of the Senate and house who were more than happy to disrespect the office of the president when Bush held that office, they want to pretend that Joe Wilson is a racist. Maybe he is, but his dissent was proof of nothing other than tastelessness and grandstanding intended to endear him to his target voters (not racists, just people who believe Obama is a liar). Let me ask you liberals, what are the policies you hated from Bush (I assume there are many) that Obama has actually changed. Why do you not clamor for him to change the things he said he would and undo the wrongs that Bush wrought? We all need to hold ALL politicians accountable, not just the opposition. The people who consider themselves 912ers or whatever aren't being mobilized by the Republicans in an effort to thwart the democrats and regain power, although the republicans are certainly attempting to capitalize on this movement and identify themselves with it so that they can do so. They are mobilizing because they distrust the entire government complex and want to send a message to politicians that if they don't stop representing big corporations and corruption, then they will be replaced with those who understand that they represent the people. This has to be done with more than rhetoric on both sides of the aisle. If anyone disagrees with that, please let me know why.

This movement obviously leads to the rise of the independent. Most people say that the idea of anything other than a 2-party system won't work. As things stand, they are correct. If the people in the majority refuse to do their part and embrace partisanship to ensure they "win" again, the 'independent' vote will only serve to detract from possible minority party votes (since it seems logical that the minority party contributes more to the independent poll than the one in power. Even if it were equal losses from both parties, this favors the majority). The simple amswer to this is that if everyone used the same method of voting for the candidate whose voting record is more closely aligned with their own personal views, then whatever candidate from whichever party (no matter how many there are) is elected is going to be most representative of their constituency. Then politicians would have to make sure their record matched their rhetoric if they were to have any hope of re-election. It's called accountability for the entire system. Right now there isn't any.

Holy fucking shit, that was hilarious. Those people have some crazy control of themselves to not have started laughing almost immediately.

And I'm really disappointed that "make the things" was never followed with "and do the stuff."

Vegetable trees...jesus fucking christ

[quote name='atreyue']I understand why democrats and most media outlets are so intent on making this about racism. It's an effective tool for immediately discrediting the other side's opinions. What do the people here that are not receiving payoffs have to gain? How has everyone managed to become so embroiled in partisan politics, in the idea of "my team v. your team".

As someone who watches as much as I can from a diverse range of media outlets and actually reads through everyone's arguments here instead of just identifying and targeting opponents, I can tell you exactly what the core belief of the people you so nastily term "teabaggers" is: Most politicians are dishonest and motivated by self-interest. They endorse whatever they need to endorse to keep their financial backers happy and they say whatever they need to say to get re-elected, whether it is an accurate reflection of their actions or not. This, not coincidentally, was the democrat mantra under Bush. The political party system has done a great job of polarizing the country to keep people from applying that label to whichever part of the 2-party system they've chosen to identify with. So even though liberals know they had many members of the Senate and house who were more than happy to disrespect the office of the president when Bush held that office, they want to pretend that Joe Wilson is a racist. Maybe he is, but his dissent was proof of nothing other than tastelessness and grandstanding intended to endear him to his target voters (not racists, just people who believe Obama is a liar). Let me ask you liberals, what are the policies you hated from Bush (I assume there are many) that Obama has actually changed. Why do you not clamor for him to change the things he said he would and undo the wrongs that Bush wrought? We all need to hold ALL politicians accountable, not just the opposition. The people who consider themselves 912ers or whatever aren't being mobilized by the Republicans in an effort to thwart the democrats and regain power, although the republicans are certainly attempting to capitalize on this movement and identify themselves with it so that they can do so. They are mobilizing because they distrust the entire government complex and want to send a message to politicians that if they don't stop representing big corporations and corruption, then they will be replaced with those who understand that they represent the people. This has to be done with more than rhetoric on both sides of the aisle. If anyone disagrees with that, please let me know why.

This movement obviously leads to the rise of the independent. Most people say that the idea of anything other than a 2-party system won't work. As things stand, they are correct. If the people in the majority refuse to do their part and embrace partisanship to ensure they "win" again, the 'independent' vote will only serve to detract from possible minority party votes (since it seems logical that the minority party contributes more to the independent poll than the one in power. Even if it were equal losses from both parties, this favors the majority). The simple amswer to this is that if everyone used the same method of voting for the candidate whose voting record is more closely aligned with their own personal views, then whatever candidate from whichever party (no matter how many there are) is elected is going to be most representative of their constituency. Then politicians would have to make sure their record matched their rhetoric if they were to have any hope of re-election. It's called accountability for the entire system. Right now there isn't any.[/QUOTE]

Protip: Learn when to start new paragraphs. Writing on the internet isn't like writing an essay, we don't want to read giant lumps.

I have criticisms for both sides that need to be mentioned:

First, the bailout. It's bullshit, those billions of dollars that went to companies should have went to American citizens. If the bailed-out companies were important, Americans would have re-invested part of their returned tax money back into these companies. Also, SO MUCH of that money is just being used to line the pockets of CEOs.

Second, even if Obama is not a Christian (I'm not saying that he isn't, that's just what some of the protesters claim) that should not be considered a criticism! Whatever happened to separation of church and state? It's absolutely devastating to me to think that George Bush, a modern symbol of incompetence, can be elected president, and yet someone with an intelligence comparable to that of Steven Hawking wouldn't stand a chance running for president if they were Atheist.

[quote name='georox']Protip: Learn when to start new paragraphs. Writing on the internet isn't like writing an essay, we don't want to read giant lumps.[/QUOTE]

lmao, I'll have to remember that people on the internet need to see a space between every sentence.

The whole argument about the "spade" comment amuses me. Lordy, that phrase has been around a hell of a lot longer than most of you and never refered to racism before.

[quote name='numbier_wun']It's absolutely devastating to me to think that George Bush, a modern symbol of incompetence, can be elected president, and yet someone with an intelligence comparable to that of Steven Hawking wouldn't stand a chance running for president if they were Atheist.[/QUOTE]

You know what I love? People on the internet who decry all forms of religious beliefs, verbally (textually?) assaulting the followers of "zombie spacemen" and such, basically calling them morons...

...Yet they support an individual who claims to be one of these morons to be the most powerful individual on the planet.

If it were me, I'd have trouble sleeping at night knowing someone I thought was such an idiot was setting behind the big, red button.

[quote name='UncleBob']The whole argument about the "spade" comment amuses me. Lordy, that phrase has been around a hell of a lot longer than most of you and never refered to racism before.

You know what I love? People on the internet who decry all forms of religious beliefs, verbally (textually?) assaulting the followers of "zombie spacemen" and such, basically calling them morons...

...Yet they support an individual who claims to be one of these morons to be the most powerful individual on the planet.

If it were me, I'd have trouble sleeping at night knowing someone I thought was such an idiot was setting behind the big, red button.[/QUOTE]

He was using Stephen Hawking as an indicator of a sound level of intelligence for any candidate to have. His point was less 'Stephen Hawking is so smart! -- wait, he follows religion?' and more 'Atheists are SOL politically in this country.'

[quote name='atreyue']I understand why democrats and most media outlets are so intent on making this about racism. It's an effective tool for immediately discrediting the other side's opinions. What do the people here that are not receiving payoffs have to gain? How has everyone managed to become so embroiled in partisan politics, in the idea of "my team v. your team". [/quote]
It's the 2002 version of "anti-American". Every lead on every goddamn media piece was "Is So-And-So goddamn anti-American? Maybe! We'll talk to So-And-So..." And one side snickered when they saw it and one side bitched and moaned that it was categorically unfair. And people opined about it like it was some new phenomena. Speaking of Joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9_x_o0LzjA

And to be honest, I'm glad Addison Wilson, err, scuse me, "Joe" Wilson is getting beat around. What goes around fucking comes around. And guess what industry has given "Joe" over $400,000 in contributions (his 2nd biggest contributors)? Of course it's them. I don't even need to say who "they" are, do I?

My hatred for Addison came before all this though. Since I watch votes on Veterans issues closely, I've seen old "Joe" frequently stand up and trumpet his service, then do everything he can to cut funding to just about everything veteran. But everyone knows that because everyone hearts the troops and pays attention to things like that instead of opining about the plight of the pathetic libertaria... errr... "independents".

Let me ask you liberals, what are the policies you hated from Bush (I assume there are many) that Obama has actually changed. Why do you not clamor for him to change the things he said he would and undo the wrongs that Bush wrought?
Like healthcare? Repealing the overseas ban on abortion/contraception support? Dropping billions into the kitty for Stephen Chu (probably already the greatest DoE leader ever) to play with? Closing Guantanamo? Let me speak plainly so there's no misunderstanding.

THE GUY HASN'T GIVEN A SINGLE STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS YET.

This movement obviously leads to the rise of the independent.
lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']I don't understand how there's soo many comparisons between Obama and Hitler? Bush was more like Hitler, IMO. :whistle2:k..[/QUOTE]

We were talking about this the other day during lunch. He was a Hitler who didn't succeed. Karl Rove was his Goebbels. If he could have he would have put Muslims in internment camps.

[quote name='lilboo']I don't understand how there's soo many comparisons between Obama and Hitler? Bush was more like Hitler, IMO. :whistle2:k..[/QUOTE]

Bush and Obama are pretty much the same though. ;)

[quote name='SpazX']They found waldo!

I'm sure there weren't any racists there anyway, they probably all have black friends.[/QUOTE]

The point wasn't the one black guy with guns, it was MSNBC's blatantly dishonest reporting job.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']We were talking about this the other day during lunch. He was a Hitler who didn't succeed. Karl Rove was his Goebbels. If he could have he would have put Muslims in internment camps.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to someone I knew in high school once who wanted to put Muslims into camps, it was practically mainstream for a while with cons. It probably didn't do well with the focus groups and they abandoned the idea.

bread's done
Back