Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:10 AM

http://lookatthisfuckingteabagger.com/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image

No shit. That's Jones Hall she's standing in front of. Go Houston. Figures they'd meet up in the liberal artsy part of downtown.
/hot as hell

#3 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

I fucking hate cable news. They are the cause of all this.
Posted Image

#4 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

I have to say, i love the name bestowed onto these folks.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#5 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

David Gergen: So, Republicans have got a way -- they still haven’t found their voice, Anderson. They’re still -- this happens to a minority party after it’s lost a couple of bad elections, but they’re searching for their voice.

Anderson Cooper: It's hard to talk when you're teabagging.

#6 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image

Not sure if this is allowed but this is honestly what the baggers believe:

Spoiler

#7 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

Jesus I hope all this hate mongering shit by those rich idiots (I don't even know what to call them exactly, hate profiteers?) doesn't come back and bite us all in the ass.

There are always the crazies that think this kind of shit, but trying to concentrate and popularize it for profit? Don't they even care that it could cause some of these people to do some stupid shit?

Posted Image

#8 rumblebear

rumblebear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:44 AM

Why are they called teabaggers? We all know they're just GOP's plants to stage their phony protest. Not surprising that all of them are racists.

#9 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

I know there was a shitstorm after Jimmy Carter said that the teabaggers are simply racist, but it really is true. There are people who are against Obama's actions (me included for many of them) but they don't have these ridiculously stupid signs and they don't make these outrageously false claims.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#10 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

I know there was a shitstorm after Jimmy Carter said that the teabaggers are simply racist, but it really is true. There are people who are against Obama's actions (me included for many of them) but they don't have these ridiculously stupid signs and they don't make these outrageously false claims.

I'm glad someone finally had the balls to acknowledge what was a huge pink elephant in the room.

Anybody who truly thinks these people are pissed off over fucking HEALTHCARE REFORM of all things is an idiot.

#11 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

Obama said he didn't believe Joe Wilson's actions were done out of racism.

Either Obama Lied, or some of you are full of it.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#12 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

wait. what?

who stole your account this morning? I expect some insight from you bolstered by really out there hypothetical scenarios. not questions that create false dichotomies and make no sense.
Posted Image

#13 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Opinion different...therefore...lies...if opinion different...full of it...does not compute...*head asplode*

Posted Image

#14 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Or maybe he's trying to down play the whole thing so it will just go away.

Because politicians never do that.

I enjoy the videos and puns posted by Joliet Jake. I think he's almost as funny as my favorite comedian, Dane Cook. Now excuse me while I listen to Fallout Boy's music on their myspace page.

#15 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

I'm glad someone finally had the balls to acknowledge what was a huge pink elephant in the room.

Anybody who truly thinks these people are pissed off over fucking HEALTHCARE REFORM of all things is an idiot.

I don't think it's a really an elephant in the room, since many of them at this point are pretty overt in their racism.

And no, it's obviously not about healthcare. I would guess less than 10% of the protesters understand the health care debate or how it would affect them. They don't like Obama because he is a Democrat, and more importantly because he is black. It's not political, it's not economic, it's bigotry. That's really all it is.

33126.png

#16 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

Isn't Wilson from SC? There's no freakin' way that at least some of it WASN'T done out of racism. Reminds me of the Civil War episode of South Park.

"The entire state of South Carolina showed up!"
"I knew they'd come!"
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#17 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

Isn't Wilson from SC? There's no freakin' way that at least some of it WASN'T done out of racism. Reminds me of the Civil War episode of South Park.

"The entire state of South Carolina showed up!"
"I knew they'd come!"

No joke, when asked by NPR for an opinion on Wilson's actions, one of his constituents replied "he was just calling a spade a spade."

33126.png

#18 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Is this going to be the new liberal tactic? Paint all people who are opposed to any of Obama's spending initiatives as racist? Yes, there are some stupid, ignorant people on the right, but to say that they represent all people who oppose Obama is like saying that the crazies who believe George Bush had a controller and personally flew the planes into the WTC represent all liberals. When did it come down to mud slinging? Can't we all go back to the usual tactics like scaring seniors?

#19 Quillion

Quillion

Not Proprietary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

No joke, when asked by NPR for an opinion on Wilson's actions, one of his constituents replied "he was just calling a spade a spade."

You do know the etymology of that phrase, don't you? The use of "spade" as a derogatory term for blacks is a twentieth century invention, but the colloquialism predates Christ.

http://en.wikipedia....a_spade_a_spade

<Clever Signature Here>

#20 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Is this going to be the new liberal tactic? Paint all people who are opposed to any of Obama's spending initiatives as racist? Yes, there are some stupid, ignorant people on the right, but to say that they represent all people who oppose Obama is like saying that the crazies who believe George Bush had a controller and personally flew the planes into the WTC represent all liberals. When did it come down to mud slinging? Can't we all go back to the usual tactics like scaring seniors?

http://rawstory.com/...gregated-buses/

#21 JolietJake

JolietJake

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

Yes, but we don't live in B.C.E. He should have better taste than to use such a phrase in this context.

#22 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

I guess I fail to see the connection between wanting to keep more of your hard earned money and racism.
Yes, there are some people involved that are racists. That's going to happen all over the place. But to say that nobody on "the left" could be racist is simply absurd as is stating that the sole purpose behind these demonstrations is racism.

Some of those pictures are damn funny though...
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#23 Quillion

Quillion

Not Proprietary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

Here's an excellent article (on Fox News, no less!) about the allegation of racism.

I have witnessed this firsthand at several of the health care town halls, where angry white citizens gathered not to talk about policy details, but to vent their anger that "this guy" was changing "their country" by trying to give health care to "those people."

http://www.foxnews.c...ama-race-right/

I'm opposed to several of his policies and decisions myself, but the level of animus towards this president is fueled by more than mere opposition. There's a complete lack of will to listen to or consider his proposals.

<Clever Signature Here>

#24 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

just saw the sign "Don't steal from medicare to support socialized medicine"

Wow.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#25 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

Concisely, or I suppose, not-so concisely put, Mr. Olbermann.

Posted Image

#26 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

I don't think it's a really an elephant in the room, since many of them at this point are pretty overt in their racism.

And no, it's obviously not about healthcare. I would guess less than 10% of the protesters understand the health care debate or how it would affect them. They don't like Obama because he is a Democrat, and more importantly because he is black. It's not political, it's not economic, it's bigotry. That's really all it is.

What I meant was it sems like the left is really afraid of bringing up race in the whole matter, or obvious and completeky understandable reasons. I'm just glad someone finally brought attention to it and called them on it.

#27 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

http://tenured-radic...hington-to.html

This professor has become one of my consistently favorite blogs to read. She makes no bones about her perspective, but genuinely seems, more than any other blogger, driven by the curiosity to understand something than to prove something she already believes. Which, for the internet, is pretty bloody refreshing.
Posted Image

#28 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

http://rawstory.com/...gregated-buses/

Let me guess. You didn't even watch the damn video.

LIMBAUGH: Greetings, my friends. It's Obama's America, is it not? Obama's America -- white kids getting beat up on school buses now. I mean, you put your kids on a school bus, you expect safety, but in Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, "Yeah, right on, right on, right on!" And of course, everybody says, "Oh, the white kid deserved it, he was born a racist, he's white." Newsweek magazine told us this. We know that white students are destroying civility on buses, white students destroying civility in classrooms all over America, white congressmen destroying civility in the House of Representatives.
And we can redistribute students while we redistribute their parents' wealth. I mean, we can just redistribute everything, just return the white students to their rightful place -- their own bus, with bars on the windows and armed guards. They're racists, they get what they deserve -- Newsweek magazine told us this, post-racial America. I mean, I wonder if Obama's going to come to the defense of the assailants the way he did his friend Skip Gates up there at Harvard. I mean, the assailants are presumed innocent due to the white racism we all know runs rampant in America. I mean, the drive-by media is ginning up all this criticism of Obama again today -- it's all based in racism, the criticism of Obama's health care plan or whatever. It's all based in racism.

LIMBAUGH: I think the guy's wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that's the lesson we're being taught here today. Kid shouldn't have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses -- it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama's America.

Since I suppose everyone's sarcasm dectors are broken, I'll explain. Limbaugh was using sarcasm, as evidenced by the proceeding statements. He wasn't saying that we should take the black kids away from the white kids, but rather we need to take the white kids away from the black kids, because the white kids are racist. All the while using sarcasm. That would be why he said earlier:

just return the white students to their rightful place -- their own bus, with bars on the windows and armed guards. They're racists, they get what they deserve

You know, before this was posted on here, I had no idea that "spade" was a racially derogatory term. I had never heard it used as one.

I would hope that you are not insinuating that most of the people at these tea parties are racist.
Now, I would like to direct everyone's attention to some of the comments in the article msut posted:

when is this Fat F…k’s Kidney finally gonna fail? I’ve been waiting! When he croaks - we can celebrate! ..the worst part is…these Right wingers think he actually cares about them..lol this Fat,self serving slob only cares about the Millions he makes spewing this garbage to these weirdos.
Since the Congress is wasting its time to debate/vote on any meaningless “the issues we’re facing in the country” anyway, how about a debate to vote on whether TO SHUT THIS GUY UP FOREVER? Wait, the debate is pretty much over, just vote.
WE DO NEED SEGREGATED BUSES….to take Limbaugh and all his “followers” listeners to the loony home or down to Mexico where they can score some Oxycontin so Rush can show them how it’s done.
He’s bellowing that this is Obama’s America. No, this is Rush’s America.
Limbaugh looks like a fascist, now talks like one. And I think he’s trying to make his listeners into fascists too.
Freedom of speech doesn’t make incitement ok. He is as irresponsible as they get. Many of his listeners are very impressionable and not too smart. He should back off because he’s biting something too big even for him to chew.
Me personally, I think we should have segregated buses for the teabaggers/birthers/deathers/etc., and their spokespeople.

Me personally, I think we should have segregated buses for the teabaggers/birthers/deathers/etc., and their spokespeople.
Right before it gets driven off a cliff, right?

I'm glad that everyone thinks so highly of each other. Getting rid of freedom of speech for the people who you disagree with, segregating them from the population, killing them, wishing for their death.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#29 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

citing comments on internet blogs to make a political point is the discursive equivalent of hearing the bartender shout "LAST CALL!"
Posted Image

#30 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

just saw the sign "Don't steal from medicare to support socialized medicine"

Wow.

lol reminds me of something recently saw on Web Soup.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List