Guitar Hero 5 Guitar Bundle w/GH Metallica, GH Van Halen (PS3/360/Wii) $110

Hmm. This is a tough call. I already own two GHWT guitars so the GH5 guitar isn't of value to me personally in this deal. That would mean I'm paying $36.66 each for GH5, GHM and GHVH. The first and second are certainly worth it. Hmm.

Still thinking. If one buys GH5 and GHM at Amazon right now the total would be $103.98 (or $93.58 if you still have an ECA 10%-off code). In this sense, the GH5 guitar would only cost you an additional $6.01 ($16.41 Amazon and ECA) through the GH Store. Hmm. This deal is certainly worth it to someone who doesn't own either of the games and who also wants/needs a new guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the Guitar Hero 5 guitar any different or is it just like the one from World Tour? I already have 3 guitars.

[quote name='trunks982']are the GH5 drums better than GHWT drums?[/QUOTE]
As far as I know they are not even out yet. The last best piece of information we had was this:

http://www.engadget.com/tag/guitar+hero+5+drums/

EDIT - Band Hero only? Compatible with Guitar Hero games? I guess we'll find out sooner or later, heh.

Meh on the fence, don't want another guitar and I've grown to dislike GH series vs Rock Band. I also swore I'd never buy straight from GH again after last order cost me another $15 to get equipment that works...

Actually after typing that I guess I'm not on the fence anymore. Still a good deal for anyone who needs guitar and wants those games.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']use coupon code 5OFF for 5% off your order
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Instead of 5OFF, I wish it was "50OFF", that would make it a sweet deal.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']use coupon code 5OFF for 5% off your order[/QUOTE]
Tried the code and got:

This coupon does not apply to items in cart.
Please correct or remove the coupon code and click Apply

:cry:

Weird. Worked for me. Although I had to put it in about 3 times... the first two times I got an error code. My total was $104.49... no tax, no shipping. I guess I don't need to mention that I bit.

Tempting. I have a Les Paul and RB2. I like the former and don't care for the latter. I really like the WT guitar, the GH5 is the game. The only other option is getting the WT guitar for a good price is on clearance. Unfortunately my stores are awful with having good clearance items.

Wait a sec...

Still thinking. If one buys GH5 and GHM at Amazon right now the total would be $103.98 (or $93.58 if you still have an ECA 10%-off code).
How is this different from the Activision deal where, you can mail in for a free copy of GH Van Halen if you buy GH5 this month. [edited - sry, this month, not this year]

http://hub.guitarhero.com/vanhalengameoffer/index.php

Sounds like guitarherostore.com is just hyping up to sell those extra Metallica discs, lol.

-PG

[quote name='PogoOfGo']Wait a sec...
How is this different from the Activision deal where, you can mail in for a free copy of GH Van Halen if you buy GH5 this month. [edited - sry, this month, not this year][/QUOTE]

It isn't any different. Whether you buy from Amazon or the GH Store you can still mail in for a free copy of GHVH. The difference in this deal (which is still alive, by the way) is that the guitar is costing you an additional $16.41 versus Amazon with the ECA discount without the guitar. If the GH5 guitar is needed, the GH Store deal is excellent. If an additional guitar isn't needed, Amazon's the better choice since you get all the same software, minus the guitar and saving $16.41 in the process.

EDIT - And I still cannot get the 5OFF code to work. They must have killed it :cry:

[quote name='gar3']

EDIT - And I still cannot get the 5OFF code to work. They must have killed it :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think it's just buggy or something. There was also a code 35OFF that was supposed to take $35 off an order, but I think it was only for the World Tour Band Kit bundle.. that probably doesn't work either.

[quote name='gar3'] If an additional guitar isn't needed, Amazon's the better choice since you get all the same software, minus the guitar and saving $16.41 in the process.

[/QUOTE]

I must have missed Amazon's deal...what was it?

[quote name='webdoggy']I must have missed Amazon's deal...what was it?[/QUOTE]
There was no "deal." Just Amazon's normal GH5 and GHM price with the ECA discount. Still the same price over there as I type this.

bread's done
Back