Photo
- - - - -

Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#31 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:44 AM

I too will pay reasonable prices for either kind of card. Please PM me after hooking up the people who asked before me. :)

#32 wild homes

wild homes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:54 AM

The item number on my receipt is 312272-- this is for the 4000. The 19.99 tag on each item shares the same number. Best of luck to everyone, and no, B&M stores do not tax these cards. Cheers!

#33 llNorcalSharkll

llNorcalSharkll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:54 AM

Some people do. Just because you're an ass doesn't mean everyone else is, too.

True but having to wait and see if the other member is going to come with the exchange expeditiously doesn't really seem worth the trouble most the time. I'm sure there are exceptions but I would hesitant to do it, but I guess sometime like a Paypal transaction would ease the sender mind.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/l+NorcalShark+l"]Posted Image[/URL]

#34 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:55 AM

The item number on my receipt is 312272-- this is for the 4000. The 19.99 tag on each item shares the same number. Best of luck to everyone, and no, B&M stores do not tax these cards. Cheers!

Any chance you'll be picking any up for other CAGs?
YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

Posted Image Posted Image

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#35 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:58 AM

True but having to wait and see if the other member is going to come with the exchange expeditiously doesn't really seem worth the trouble most the time. I'm sure there are exceptions but I would hesitant to do it, but I guess sometime like a Paypal transaction would ease the sender mind.

Yeah, especially if you have to mail out something. Points however should be easy to sell so not as much risk.

#36 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

Will check tomorrow at my local Microcenter, but this seems incredibly rare.

Yep .. pretty sure Your "Manager" Will Vary situations

#37 spartan200x

spartan200x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:14 AM

If you buy cards at a B&M store, are you charged tax?

Despite what the other 2 people said, I have been charged tax on Microsoft points at Target. I think everyone is supposed to be charged tax on them when bought at a B&M store. However many stores or employees get them confused with gift cards and then don't charge the tax.

#38 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

Any chance you'll be picking any up for other CAGs?

I wish he would. I'm willing to pay upto $30 for a 4000 point code. He can pocket the $10 difference.

#39 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

Despite what the other 2 people said, I have been charged tax on Microsoft points at Target. I think everyone is supposed to be charged tax on them when bought at a B&M store. However many stores or employees get them confused with gift cards and then don't charge the tax.

I found this post rather funny. If you are or are not supposed to be charged tax for MSP cards I am unsure, I know for PSN cards you're not, but I've never bought MSP cards before in a store. The funny part is you saying that an employee can choose when to charge tax or not. They scan the item and the system does what it needs to do in terms of tax, it is 100% out of the employees hands.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#40 MrChan

MrChan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:33 AM

I found this post rather funny. If you are or are not supposed to be charged tax for MSP cards I am unsure, I know for PSN cards you're not, but I've never bought MSP cards before in a store. The funny part is you saying that an employee can choose when to charge tax or not. They scan the item and the system does what it needs to do in terms of tax, it is 100% out of the employees hands.

One of my friends bought points at Fry's this one time and got charged tax.

Back on topic, awesome find op!

#41 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:52 AM

Sales tax laws are determined by state/county/municipality. It probably depends on where you live.

#42 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

I've never even heard of this place; too bad, I need some points.

#43 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

I've never even heard of this place; too bad, I need some points.

I don't have most of these B&M places around either. Microcenter, FYE, Fry's, Hastings, Cotsco(sp?), gamecrazy. Sucks sometimes when you see all the deals flying around.

#44 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

I think I remember reading somewhere that it depends on your state if you're charged tax on point cards or not. I'm pretty sure I've been charged tax for MSP cards in MD before, but not taxed on PSN cards.

MjC

#45 V4oLDbOY

V4oLDbOY

Vengeance

• CAGiversary!

if someone can give me reason to go to microcenter tomorrow than I will. I'd be willing to pick some up for a few cags if it is legit. But ehhh, 2% chance this is legit. Probably similar to that TRU deal with like 2 stores clearing out the old cards.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#46 Eric1285

Eric1285

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:02 AM

Closest Micro Center is an hour away. I'd clean them out at those prices though.

#47 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:05 AM

Like I said, I am willing to pay well for these. PM me and we'll work something out. Really need these!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#48 rmb

rmb

old enough to be your dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:32 AM

Definitely YMMV, guess I should take a swing by in the am. If my store had them at that price I'd buy every last card they have.

#49 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:33 AM

Guess I could go to Micro Center before hanging out with my friends tomorrow to check on this (bought RB2, points gone lol). Need to see if they have some stuff in stock since I'm going to start ordering parts for my computer the middle of this week anyway...

#50 Traitorious

Traitorious

Shunts to the face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

Definitely YMMV, guess I should take a swing by in the am. If my store had them at that price I'd buy every last card they have.

Guess I need to get there before you then! :lol:

#51 dabomb505

dabomb505

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:40 AM

I'd offer $30 for a 4000 point card if you have extras =D

#52 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

can anyone confirm a madison heights (detroit) location?

I'm only about 20-25 minutes away. Maybe I'll stop by in the morning. I'm building a PC at the moment so I'd probably find something else to buy there anyway - I'm not overly confident I'll be getting any deals on points. We'll see.
Posted Image

#53 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

hmmm maybe illswing by tomorrow

#54 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:47 AM

if someone can give me reason to go to microcenter tomorrow than I will. I'd be willing to pick some up for a few cags if it is legit. But ehhh, 2% chance this is legit. Probably similar to that TRU deal with like 2 stores clearing out the old cards.

Cause you're probably closer than I am to MicroCenter. Make it happen and hook me up, fellow SoCal CAG. :)

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#55 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:50 AM

I'm calling tomorrow before I waste a trip out there...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#56 rmb

rmb

old enough to be your dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

Guess I need to get there before you then! :lol:

Not really, I hook up locals when I can.

#57 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

Damn...wish I had a Microcenter in Wisconsin. :(
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#58 cloudmd23

cloudmd23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

Not really, I hook up locals when I can.

Wouldn't not buying all of the cards be a better method of "hooking up the locals?"

#59 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Wouldn't not buying all of the cards be a better method of "hooking up the locals?"

Yeah. It's funny how we want hording to occur in our favor, but never against us. :p

#60 osugsxr

osugsxr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

will check out the cincinnati location today..