Yakuza 3 comes West, Right now!

• Please log in to reply
491 replies to this topic

#481 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Installing Y3 for now to get my feet wet before playing a tiny bit of Y4. Odd I know, but I was just curious as to what else is new besides what was shown in the Yakuza 4 demo. Both should keep me more than occupied until May arrives.

#482 defmonkey05

defmonkey05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Installing Y3 for now to get my feet wet before playing a tiny bit of Y4. Odd I know, but I was just curious as to what else is new besides what was shown in the Yakuza 4 demo. Both should keep me more than occupied until May arrives.

I'd like to play the demo, but for some reason I suck at reading japanese! :bomb:

And looking through the jpn psn store is just frustrating for me!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#483 Bootleg Zani

Bootleg Zani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Finally got my PS3 yesterday. Yakuza 3 here I come.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#484 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:10 AM

Ok, I need help with the locker key #28. I can't find it anywhere.

Here is what the FAQ says:
Spoiler

HELP!

EDIT: I finally found the key. It's
Spoiler

Edited by jh6269, 27 March 2010 - 08:46 AM.
figured it out

#485 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

Sega just announced that during it's first week of sales more than 500,000 copies of Ryu ga Gotoku 4 (Yakuza 4) have been shipped.

On top of this, the announcement mentions that the series (including all four games) has sold more than four million copies worldwide

Source

#486 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

Saw this on joystiq Friday, and it's piqued my interest:
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/project-k

I don't have a PSP; I've been waiting on Sony to announce an updated model before I buy. I really like the form factor of the PSP Go, but hate that some games don't come out digitally (only UMD).

However, if this comes out in the US, it might just be enough to put me over the fence...

#487 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

Finally grabbed a copy and I'm on ch4. Did I completely miss something because I don't understand the "heat" mechanic and I keep using the super finish at a point where there's still a bit of health left on my enemy after it and I have to use a basic combo to end a fight.
Posted Image

#488 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Finally grabbed a copy and I'm on ch4. Did I completely miss something because I don't understand the "heat" mechanic and I keep using the super finish at a point where there's still a bit of health left on my enemy after it and I have to use a basic combo to end a fight.

as you get further into it youll unlock better super finishers. especially the final one. in the meantime take not of how much health the finisher you have takes off and just whittle down your enemies health until just under that amount then when you do the finisher they will be beaten by it.

#489 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Do I need to play the first 2 Yakuzas to enjoy or appreciate the story of this game?
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#490 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

Do I need to play the first 2 Yakuzas to enjoy or appreciate the story of this game?

there is a recap at the beginning so no not really. It catches you up pretty well.

Kamagii.png

#491 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

But you should still play them, even if the first one is horribly (hilariously) dubbed. I still think Yakuza 2 is the best storywise.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#492 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

I finished this game about a month ago. Great game, even with the cut out content. I LOL at the CIA agent's voice acting.