Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 9/25-10/1 w/ coup: 20% off any used Gamecube games (Limit 3)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#31 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:50 AM

Why are ppl so excited about Ikaruga? I'm not saying it's not a good game, but isnt it on XBLA now? Is the GC version somehow different?

I'm not sure if they're the same or not but there was a recent price drop at GS for Ikaruga from $40 down to $30. The price drop + coupon + edge makes it a reasonable price for the game (for me). It's now $21 instead of $28.

I'm not sure about Twin Snakes...I'd really like a price drop or a better coupon to pick that up since it seems to go for about $25 or less on eBay (for good copies) and it's $24.50 at Gamestop for a copy that may or may not be scratched to hell...

#32 daminion

daminion

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

...Nevertheless though, GS makes a coupon for only 20% off Gamecube games? It would seem like nobody would be interested in this weak deal, but apparently everyone always loves GS because they keep getting bigger and bigger...and crappier and crappier.

Don't be too quick to press your own opinion on others. Oh, wait... I forgot that's what the internet is for.

I still buy a GC games from time to time. My kids have a GC in the playroom, they play there while I play on the other systems.

They don't care about graphics, or controls, or any of that crap -- the GC is just fine for them.

I let them buy a crappy kids title and they thoroughly enjoy it.

#33 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:33 AM

My gamestop shipped out all their used xbox games to another store and stocked up on gamecube games from other stores. They have Fire Emblem, Zelda: TP, all the resident evils, Ikaruga, smash bros., and just about every good gamecube game.

That beings said... Ikaruga is still fucking pricey for me.

edit: I thought it was still 40 when I posted.

#34 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:34 AM

If anyone is looking for Twin snakes... I've got a copy to let go.

I might look for some RE games... haven't picked up any... probably about time to.

If anyone is looking for Twin Snakes they shouldn't even consider getting it from Gamestop (even at 30% off). You can get it much cheaper online now.

That be my problem with Gamestop I guess. They raise their prices to meet online demand (happened with Twin Snakes, Wii Sports, Pikmin 2, Pikmin, etc. etc...) but then fail to lower them when the demand isn't their anymore.

#35 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

My gamestop shipped out all their used xbox games to another store and stocked up on gamecube games from other stores. They have Fire Emblem, Zelda: TP, all the resident evils, Ikaruga, smash bros., and just about every good gamecube game.

Who cares. Every single one of those games is overpriced at Gamestop compared to what you can get it for online.

#36 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

Another shitty coupon. Oh well. Maybe I can get some use out of this one.
Posted Image

#37 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

PS2 is a different story, as that console is still great. The GC, however, is dead. Nobody even makes games for it anymore; its as dead as the Xbox and the N64.

I disagree. You can still play GC games on the Wii (as you already mentioned), which makes the games still relevant. Now I'm still not going to use this coupon, but I'm just saying. :)
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#38 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:49 AM

My store shipped out their GC games as well. I was hoping to score the Zelda Collector's Edition they had, but I guess I'll hunt around.

#39 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

Hmm... may jump on Little King's Story, if i have the cash. I'll definitely PM it to Best Buy though, I'm not giving GS my business. :rofl:
In fact, that's probably the one reason I'd pass on it. Thank God for PM policies!

#40 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:40 AM

Sadness, I was expecting something a little better.

Hopefully they have a better coupon next weekend.

#41 mis0

mis0

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Sadness, I was expecting something a little better.

Hopefully they have a better coupon next weekend.

Same here. Really want a PS3 coupon or something. Come onnn!

[mis0's tradelist]

#42 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

We haven't had a DS coupon since 6/26/09-7/2/09
I could really use one since I just got a metallic silver DS Lite with like 3 games so far. Hopefully, we get one next week.

#43 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:31 AM

I'll probably pick up Kingdom Hearts 2. Loved the game, just haven't added it to my inventory yet.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#44 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:42 AM

Tempted to get Ikaruga since it's finally at $30 before discounts, though so many of their games are so horribly overpriced.

Hm....I may pick up Ikaruga for $21 since the price dropped and there is a coupon that doesn't require me to purchase some new game I will end up returning. I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't hate this coupon.

If you guys have a 360, I would suggest getting Ikaruga on Xbox Live Arcade instead. Same exact game, just available in HD along with co-op 2-player offline and online, as well as the ability to switch between vertical and horizontal modes for $10.

#45 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

I haven't given Gamestop any business for months besides Street Fighter IV (360) $20 and Night at the Museum 2 (360) $10. I haven't seen or have missed 25% or 3 for 2 360 used games coupon for awhile. Earlier this year and most of last year I was in there buying something every 2-3 weeks.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#46 GDKN-403

GDKN-403

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:20 AM

Hmm, Code: Veronica X for less than $25 is tempting... but I passed on it at $7 for PS2 so what the hell am I thinking/saying?

Hey DDR Mario Mix went down since I last checked as well.

#47 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

Gamestop's lack of Current Gen Coupons have caused me to buy games new, and search out the best deal for a new games which are always at another retailer, like the upcoming NFS:Shift for 39.99 at bestbuy, I was going to wait on used eb but at this price and their apparent lack of quality current gen coupons. I guess ebgames doesn't want my business anymore LOL... At least my back catalog gets whittled down between new game releases now......
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#48 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

http://www.plunder.c...-c6a20a826a.htm

#49 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

If anyone is looking for Twin Snakes they shouldn't even consider getting it from Gamestop (even at 30% off). You can get it much cheaper online now.

That be my problem with Gamestop I guess. They raise their prices to meet online demand (happened with Twin Snakes, Wii Sports, Pikmin 2, Pikmin, etc. etc...) but then fail to lower them when the demand isn't their anymore.

I'm not suggesting they get it from GS.

This is my copy I'm trying to unload.

#50 BABETOOTH

BABETOOTH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

Is it just me or the link to Game Stop's weekly ad not updated yet ?
Posted Image

Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large numbers!!!

#51 PKerr

PKerr

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Looks like the title of GS weekly coupon needs to be changed to GS weakly coupon.
I have been getting my stuff a lot more from Amazon lately and it looks like their business is gonna increase as I'm about done with GS.

#52 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

I'm anticipating another B2G1 soon.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

I'm anticipating another B2G1 soon.

Anticipating or hoping for?

33126.png

#54 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

Anticipating or hoping for?

Both in a way.

It has been awhile since the last B2G1 and I can definitely go for one at the beginning of this month since I'll have $$ to spend again on games XD. Lets anticipate and hope :D
Posted Image

#55 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

I haven't given Gamestop any business for months besides Street Fighter IV (360) $20 and Night at the Museum 2 (360) $10. I haven't seen or have missed 25% or 3 for 2 360 used games coupon for awhile. Earlier this year and most of last year I was in there buying something every 2-3 weeks.

Exactly the same here. Gamestop has been dead for me for years though, but the coupons sometimes are good enough to warrant a game here and there. Lately its been bad coupons left and right. Come on B2G1 before XMas.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#56 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Not a bad coupon, been actually playing a bunch of GC games...on my GameCube...as of late.

I'll keep this in mind in case I come across a game that warrants a purchase. Thanks again OP!

#57 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

They still want $29.99 for Mario kart double dash and $30 for the zelda collectors discs, and the resident evil games. Kinda overpriced if you ask me.
Posted Image

#58 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

Don't be too quick to press your own opinion on others. Oh, wait... I forgot that's what the internet is for.

I still buy a GC games from time to time. My kids have a GC in the playroom, they play there while I play on the other systems.

They don't care about graphics, or controls, or any of that crap -- the GC is just fine for them.

I let them buy a crappy kids title and they thoroughly enjoy it.

I mostly just meant, the majority of people in this generation of console gaming will probably not be interested in this coupon, unless they are sitll junkies about GC games on their Wii. I am not going to say junkies about the GC, how many of those are around nowadays? :lol:

Anyway you look at it though, GS wasn't even trying to provide us with a decent coupon. The Gamecube? Come on Gamestop, at least do a more popular PS2 coupon. Why don't you discount 50% off all Dreamcast games too?

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#59 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

I mostly just meant, the majority of people in this generation of console gaming will probably not be interested in this coupon, unless they are sitll junkies about GC games on their Wii. I am not going to say junkies about the GC, how many of those are around nowadays? :lol:

Anyway you look at it though, GS wasn't even trying to provide us with a decent coupon. The Gamecube? Come on Gamestop, at least do a more popular PS2 coupon. Why don't you discount 50% off all Dreamcast games too?

I still play my Gamecube fairly often. During much of the previous console generation I was in college so I missed a fair number of games for Gamecube, PS2, GBA, etc. I like to pick a game up here or there that I missed the first time around and can now get very cheaply. So these coupons are always welcome to me, though I'd certainly agree with your sentiment that they won't appeal to the majority of gamers.

Also, considering the sentiment most hardcore gamers like myself hold for the dearly departed Dreamcast.. If they started selling those games again and offered them at 50% off good prices, you'd see a stampede.

Edited by bvharris, 25 September 2009 - 08:25 PM.

33126.png

#60 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

I played a ton of GC games on my Wii when I had one.