Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $29.99 NEW PS3/360 at Gamestop

Aw nuts. Jumped on this game when Amazon had it for $30 and was hoping to get to it soon to get a decent amount back for it. Guess that ship has sailed. Good deal though.

This, along wth past experiences with their games, is why I will never buy another Ubisoft title. They plummet like rocks only a short time after they come out. Much better off waiting until they drop, or since I usually hate their games anyway, skip them altogether. This is a good price to get it at though, considering the first one is still 19.99 at GS.

Pretty good deal. I jumped on my copy a month or two back when Amazon had it for $35. Just traded it on Goozex because I knew the price would drop some more sooner or later.

dam this game is pretty new and from the reviews i read, actually pretty good! i might pick it up! i wonder i u can play co-op online on psn in it?

I'm into it. I'll wait until the next B2G1 or for the new price to drop, though. I find that I really like Ubisoft games. They're not perfect, but they have lots more atmosphere than most games. Take Far-Cry 2, not the best shooter, but the world it was set in was visually very beautiful and that clashed with the nastiness of the story you were playing through. Likewise, Assassin's Creed, despite the game play being what many have called "repetitive" the cities were incredibly realized and actually felt like places where people lived, unlike say, GTA, which felt empty. I'm looking forward to their take on the old West.

Thanks OP for the heads up, been waiting for this one to drop. Snagged the only used PS3 copy available in the area for $24.xx after using Edge+credit.

-veggielasagna

Like someone above, I picked it up when Amazon had it for $35. I'm not sure what others found disappointing, but I enjoyed the single player campaign. I also really enjoyed the "Wild West Legends" online mode. Most of the other online game types were a little "meh" but Wild West Legends has provided several evenings of enjoyment.

Sucks that it's not available online. Edge + CAG16 + that $10 cert they sent out from that PS3 half-off screw up would make this too good to pass up.

[quote name='pimpster4183']is there still people online playing multiplayer on 360?[/QUOTE]

I played for an hour last night. There are games going on, but not many. Basically, I think you'll end up playing with/against the same people over and over. Maybe the price drop will bring some more players in though.

Not anymore... it just went back up to $45 used (good thing I just picked up a copy yesterday!). New is still at $30.

Interestingly, they just lowered a lot of used games by around $2 leaving a few unconventional prices in some cases, almost as if they're altering they're pricing schemes on used games (e.g. $32.99 instead of $34.99 and $24.99 instead of $26.99).

Just finished it this weekend. Great story and fun game. You can play as both characters and upgrade all weapons, tempted to trade back in or buy the DLC. Worth it at this price.

I played the PS3 copy over the weekend.. and there were so many loading (not a long one) but still annoying. How's the X360 version?

[quote name='King J Gatz']This is a great price for a great game. No co-op though and multiplayer is kinda poo poo.[/QUOTE]
Actually i think the multiplayer is actually some of the best shooter multiplayer I've ever played. Has a ranking up system (although not as good as COd4) but definitely very inventive. The "real" wild west scenarios are pretty cool, kinda similar to COD disarm bomb mode, weapons are alot different than most shooters. Come on dual sawed off shotguns! Dual six shooters! And to top that you can play as a Native American with a bow & arrow. Did I mention shooting while riding horses? I actually got a copy recent via goozex. Maybe from the previous poster?

[quote name='cheeky']I played for an hour last night. There are games going on, but not many. Basically, I think you'll end up playing with/against the same people over and over. Maybe the price drop will bring some more players in though.[/QUOTE]

Would agree with this as well. I do get matched up alot with the same people, which scares me in 6 months down the road. There are some online/ranked achievements that might be hard to get in few months. Seems you get more of the same people on ranked matches than unranked. I just think people are lazy/stupid sometimes picking the first multiplayer option and ranked is usually always the 2nd option in most multiplayer menus.

Online multi-player is pretty fun, although not that much different than the 1st COJ. Good pick up if you can get it for 14.99.

I had $35 in GC's so I got a new copy at $29.99 for the 360. Multiplayer was OK - played a few rounds tonight. I am gonna play single player and beat it this week then ebay it for $ towards uncharted 2. I will probably end up paying $10 for it when it's flipped so it will be worthwile for that price.

There is already a thread for this that started about a week ago. Website says 44.99 used, but in store I bought several copies at 26.99 last week and i saw one a couple of days ago still tagged 26.99. YMMV on used.

For folks reporting this as a duplicate thread, technically it isn't. Last week EB had the game for 26.99 used. Now it's 29.99 new and 44.99 used. Strange.

bread's done
Back