Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo Game Cube w/Paper Mario $69.99 Shipped (Buy.com)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

http://www.buy.com/p...html?adid=17992

Sorry if repost.

#2 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

Nice find! Free shipping even. For some reason I feel compelled to buy it, though I shouldn't, given I have a Wii. (Guess it would give me a controller since I sold all my Gamecube stuff :-/ )
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#3 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Bad purchasing decision if you ask me.

#4 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:26 PM

Not worth it. You can easily pick up a gamecube and controller used at gamestop for $30 anyways. Yea its used, buy every gamestop I've been to has such a large stock of these you can easily pick the one you want and get an official controller. Unless paper mario is worth $40 to you, or you don't have a Wii, there is no reason to pick this up.

#5 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:32 PM

Unless paper mario is worth $40 to you, or you don't have a Wii, there is no reason to pick this up.

...or you want to use a GameBoy Player.
...or a Freeloader.
...or an Action Replay.
...or (heh) the Broadband Adapter.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#6 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

Or you want a spare or to play some Gamecube games but don't care about the Wii, etc. It's not a bad deal, depending. And it's a GREAT deal if you want a new one. 1/2 off is a joke for used IMO. New Gamecube will probably outlast a Wii too, which might be a consideration.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#7 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

1/2 off is a joke for used IMO. New Gamecube will probably outlast a Wii too, which might be a consideration.

wait....what?

#8 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

If you're going to play alot of GC games, it's worth it to have a separate machine to save wear and tear on the Wii.

#9 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

Not worth it. You can easily pick up a gamecube and controller used at gamestop for $30 anyways. Yea its used, buy every gamestop I've been to has such a large stock of these you can easily pick the one you want and get an official controller. Unless paper mario is worth $40 to you, or you don't have a Wii, there is no reason to pick this up.

Yeah, but can you pick up a brand new one? The answer is no. Good buy, for system and the game, with free shipping. And there are several reasons to own that system. I have a Wii and I have a Gamecube. I have a 360 and I have an original Xbox. I have a backwards compatible PS2 and I own a PS2, and PS1. One advantage would be it would cut back on wear and tear on your Wii if you are going to play Gamecube games.

#10 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

The Game Boy Player is the best reason to get this. I play my DS games on the go and my GBA games on the TV, from the comfort of my couch.

#11 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

In my opinion only the original game cubes with the component out are worth more than 10 bucks

#12 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Bad purchasing decision if you ask me.

I agree with you from the standpoint that it's nearly impossible to purchase "new" copies of Gamecube games anymore. I was looking on Amazon to see what they had, and nearly all the games are $80 plus for new copies.

If I was able to get games in the $10-$15 range (which should be the case due to "zero" demand for them), I'd be all over this. However, what's the point of buying a system for $69.99 with Paper Mario if you're unable to buy any games for it?

This would be perfect for someone looking to replace a Gamecube system or to have one in storage for whenever their current system craps out on them.