502 replies to this topic

#481 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

Yup, that's the same 5 I'd use, too.

My Super Bowl lineup decisions:

Minnesota DST (at Chicago) or Arizona DST (vs. St. Louis)

Which 2?: MJD, Cedric Benson, Jonathan Stewart. I've gone with MJD and Benson almost every week, and I like their matchups this week, but I'm still waiting to hear DeAngelo Williams status for this week. If he's out, it'd be tough to sit Stewart.

Which one to start with Miles Austin?: Chad Ochocinco or Steve Smith (CAR)? Ochocinco goes against KC, but in the 3 weeks since Delhomme has been out and Matt Moore in at QB for Carolina, Smith has 14 catches for 318 yards and 2 TDs.

Minnesota DST easily. Arizona's D is pretty MEH, and if Cutler isn't busy getting sacked by the Vikings SICK D-Line, he'll be throwing picks.

MJD/Benson but like you said, if D-Will won't play, start Stewart over Benson. Besides, Cincy was talking about playing Larry Johnson some since they are playing against KC.

Go with the hot hand if Delhomme is out. Steve Smith. Otherwise, Ocho Cinco.
MLIFTgM.gif

#482 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

I'd lean towards Card's D. Not that Minny isn't bad against an interception-throwing Cutler, but STL has lost more receivers than everyone else combined, two QBs, and an injury-prone back that hasn't gotten hurt this season. That's a recipe for disaster if I've ever seen one.

Now, let's talk risk versus reward for a second. This is week 16 in the NFL and the playoff picture is clearing up. Home-field advantage is already decided, as well as division titles in a few cases. Many studs are not going to play more than a half, because no one wants to lose a star to scrub time and vendettas.

Benson and Ocho are a risk. Both will probably be on the bench if Cincy is routing KC by halftime. No point risking starters for the final game and a half if you've clinched the division.

MJD is a high reward at some risk. Jax has to win to get any shot a the playoffs; however, NE has to win, too, and may kick it in gear to clinch the division and rest Brady and company.

Stewart/DWill and Smith-South are some high rewards, too. Carolina is out of the playoff hunt and get to play the roll of dic...err...spoilers. If someone gets hurt, F it, they've got all year to get healthy then. Not to mention the whole Moore play, he's done very well and should continue the next two games.

So, I'd play:

Austin and Smith-South
MJD and Stewart (regardless of DWill's status)
Arizona D

#483 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

Please M Turner don't play this week(just picked up Snelling off waivers).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#484 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:57 AM

Holy hell, I won last week by 8 an just saw that they retroactively took away a TD from Kurt. Made it too close for comfort.

#485 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

Okay, now my new dilemma.

Maurice Morris or Michael Bush?
MLIFTgM.gif

#486 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:27 PM

I'd go with Bush. Much better matchup- I like him to have a pretty decent game.
Posted Image

#487 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

Romo@WAS, or Favre@CHI?

Hines Ward or Mendenhall vs BAL?

#488 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

Romo@WAS, or Favre@CHI?

Hines Ward or Mendenhall vs BAL?

Romo and Ward. I have Favre on my team and I've gotten nervous about using him the last few weeks because he looks like he's fading at the end just like he did last year.

Ward over Mendenhall because the Steelers are becoming more and more of a pass-heavy team as the weeks go by. I don't think Baltimore is the team their running game returns to glory against.
Posted Image

#489 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'm STILL torn over which RB to sit between MJD, Benson, and Stewart. DeAngelo is out, so Stewart will carry the load against the NYG. Benson could split carries and come out if Cincy gets up big, but KC can't stop the run at all. I kind of think of MJD as an automatic start, but this week it's tough to sit any of those guys.

Also, Ochocinco vs. Steve Smith is killing me. Smith has been coming on strong the last 2 weeks with Moore at QB, but this is Ochocinco's first home game since Henry died. I hate trying to bank on guy's emotions taking them to big games, though.

I've got the Vikings D starting now, with visions of Cutler throwing 4 or 5 picks, but I'm tempted to switch them out for the Cardinals going up against banged up, pathetic St. Louis.

This week has that feel of "No matter who I start, I'm going to screw it up somehow and cost myself the championship game".
Posted Image

#490 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

Here we go

RB question
I was going to use Ricky Williams for sure.
I also have Jerome Harrison, Jamaal Charles, and Pierre Thomas, I was leaning toward Charles

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#491 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

I think I'd lean toward Harrison out of those 3. After his monster game last week, I think the Browns will want to give him a lot of carries and see if he can follow it up. They're all about next year at this point, so they want to know if they have a RB to stick with.
Posted Image

#492 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

Here we go

RB question
I was going to use Ricky Williams for sure.
I also have Jerome Harrison, Jamaal Charles, and Pierre Thomas, I was leaning toward Charles

Charles is the one out of those three I wouldn't start.

#493 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

well, i won my game this week. im taking 3rd place. not too bad because its the last spot that pays out, i get my money back. last year i was first place though, so its a dip, but at least im consistent. were thinking about raising our buy in for 2010 to $100 per player and paying out more spots, right now its $50 per player and the top 3 get money.

Posted Image

#494 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

This week has that feel of "No matter who I start, I'm going to screw it up somehow and cost myself the championship game".

Looks like there's a very good chance I'll end up being right about this. I'm down 20 points in my game; my opponent is done, and I have the Vikings D going tonight. If I had started Arizona's D like I originally planned, I'd have won by now. They put up 24 points on my bench. Jonathan Stewart and his 31 points sat on my bench, too. Ouch and ouch.

I got killed by his NY Jets DST. I didn't expect Manning and the starters to play the whole game, but I figured they'd do some damage before they sat down. And a kick return for a TD and a defensive TD?! The football gods hated me yesterday. Naturally, the one TD Indy scores is by Addai, one of my opponent's starting RBs.
Posted Image

#495 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Well I'm losing this week since Snelling, Austin, Clark, and Bengals D were busts(should have started J Charles, S Holmes, B Celek and falcons D). Opponent has A Peterson just hope he doesn't go nuts tonight so I have a chance next week.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#496 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

I'm down 9 points in my championship game. My opponent has no players left, and I only have Ryan Longwell. He can hopefully give me 10 tonight, or at least 9 for a tiebreaker situation. The tiebreaker is bench points. I'm down 14 in that category, but I have Favre and Forte still to play tonight.

#497 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Looks like I pulled out the Championship in our CAG yahoo league. :D Thanks everyone for a great season.

I also happen to win 1 of my other 2 leagues in addition.

#498 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

I'm 24 points behind heading into this week. I need a miracle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#499 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Well, won 1 out of 3 leagues. Finished second in one, then finished 9th (out of 14, yeesh) in my dynasty league.

Can't wait for next season. I'll have to get in on the CAG league next year.
MLIFTgM.gif

#500 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

Looks like I pulled out the Championship in our CAG yahoo league. :D Thanks everyone for a great season.

I also happen to win 1 of my other 2 leagues in addition.

i finished last in the CAG league. not good. its my own fault, i was slow on the waiver wire and had several games with roster miscues. oh well. ill just have to focus more next year.

Posted Image

#501 Kilraven

Kilraven

Mighty Meth Power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

Two firsts and a third.

Thing is, the money league I got 1st in I wouldn't have if the 3rd place team actually adjusted their roster last week (which would've gotten a victory and put them against me for the title) and this week (won, but had two freaking backs out). The one I got 3rd in I would've won it all had I played Harrison last week instead of Jennings (out scored the team I would've faced). Funny how these things work out.

#502 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:05 AM

So, I'd play:

Austin and Smith-South
MJD and Stewart (regardless of DWill's status)
Arizona D

Note to self- next season, listen to Kilraven's advice. If I'd set my lineup this way, it would have been smooth sailing to the championship. Instead, I went with MJD and Benson, and Minnesota, and I lost by 20. :wall: Never thought the Vikings D would get pushed around like that.

Just so I could feel a little stupider, I added Garrett Hartley off the waiver wire at the end of the season to replace Robbie Gould, who did very little for me all year. Hartley gave me 4 points while Gould's 13 points sat on my bench. Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but still, insult to injury.
Posted Image

#503 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Note to self- next season, listen to Kilraven's advice. If I'd set my lineup this way, it would have been smooth sailing to the championship. Instead, I went with MJD and Benson, and Minnesota, and I lost by 20. :wall: Never thought the Vikings D would get pushed around like that.

Just so I could feel a little stupider, I added Garrett Hartley off the waiver wire at the end of the season to replace Robbie Gould, who did very little for me all year. Hartley gave me 4 points while Gould's 13 points sat on my bench. Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but still, insult to injury.

:rofl: Next season, remind me to not listen to you. Had I started either Favre or Mendenhall over Romo or Ward, I would have won. I ended up losing by two points.

I blame Adrian Peterson's fumble in OT. The Vikings were driving, and most likely would have won on a Longwell FG, which would have given me at least 3 points.