Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
really useful thread...although i already have 3 of these games preordered (and also took advantage of the uncharted 2 instant credit so i guess i used 4).

hopefully amazon keeps doing more of these promotions so i can pre order more games.

Thats a slap in the face on dragon age origins for those of us getting the more expensive CE the 10 bonus credit wont apply.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Anyone know if this credit can be applied to points cards? Like 1600 MP points for XBL?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Awesome thread, Cheapy. I've already pre-ordered Brutal Legend and GTA Episodes. Thinking of ordering Dragon Age too. I love Amazon.

Yea this thread has been long overdue. Might think about getting New Super Mario Bros Wii. I didn't know you get a $10 credit. It pops up in my GB often.

[quote name='CheapyD']You can use it for the physical cards, not the digital delivery codes (i think).[/QUOTE]

correct. It also won't work on any of the individual xbox live game codes, nor can you use the ECA discount. The download system for that seems to bypass the normal checkout system

I'm an Amazon noob. I'm hoping to go for Uncharted 2, Smackdown, and Modern Warfare 2 using the ECA discount, and get free shipping with a Prime trial.

If I was to pre-order U2 and Smackdown, could I then use the two codes on Modern Warfare or does it limit it to one code use per order?

Or could I preorder U2 and Smackdown now (to ensure I get the $10 credit), get my code that comes with U2 when that ships, then go back and apply that to my Smackdown pre-order before that ships?

And if I could apply my U2 code to my Smackdown pre-order, I'd still get the code that comes with Smackdown?

And would all of this stack with the ECA and a Prime trial?

I know this might be a question overload but if anyone could give me an answer it'd be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I'm an Amazon noob. I'm hoping to go for Uncharted 2, Smackdown, and Modern Warfare 2 using the ECA discount, and get free shipping with a Prime trial.

1:If I was to pre-order U2 and Smackdown, could I then use the two codes on Modern Warfare or does it limit it to one code use per order?

2: Or could I preorder U2 and Smackdown now (to ensure I get the $10 credit), get my code that comes with U2 when that ships, then go back and apply that to my Smackdown pre-order before that ships?

3: And if I could apply my U2 code to my Smackdown pre-order, I'd still get the code that comes with Smackdown?

4: And would all of this stack with the ECA and a Prime trial?

I know this might be a question overload but if anyone could give me an answer it'd be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Bolded your questions with numbers so I can refer to them.

1. It's iffy. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Most of the time you're only allowed one promotion. The only exception is ECA.

3. Yes, you'd get both $10 credit codes.

4. It would all stack. ECA + Prime + Promotion.

As for 2, I was somewhat wondering the same thing. I have a few pre-orders already made that have Gold Box discounts that I would prefer not to cancel. I mainly wasn't sure about the hit/miss rate on e-mailing Amazon's CS asking them to apply the promotional code to an order I already made.

Awesome, I had originally cancelled my pre-order of Kingdom Hearts since I was not going to be in a rush to play it day 1. With the $10 credit though I re-ordered it, and luckily enough it and the guide were also in my Gold Box today :). After everything and ECA I got both for $36.80, with the game being here tomorrow and the guide on Wednesday. New Super Mario Bros Wii was also in my Gold Box, so I did that one as well, came out to $39.89.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Awesome, I had originally canceled my pre-order of Kingdom Hearts since I was not going to be in a rush to play it day 1. With the $10 credit though I re-ordered it, and luckily enough it and the guide were also in my Gold Box today :). After everything and ECA I got both for $36.80, with the game being here tomorrow and the guide on Wednesday. New Super Mario Bros Wii was also in my Gold Box, so I did that one as well, came out to be $39.88.
coo2.gif
[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened with me and Super Mario Bros, except I had to cancel due to money issues last week. But now I'm paid! :)
I went ahead and took advantage of the $10 discount and reentered my order!! I love the Super Mario Brothers games, always have.. I can't wait, looks like it will be so much fun on the Wii. :)
I mean just check it out:
"

Co-op/competitive simultaneous multiplayer.
View larger.
Classic environments with a twist. :)
View larger.
Wacky new powerups
View larger. Gameplay
New Super Mario Bros. Wii, like all the previous releases in the Super Mario Bros. franchise is a side-scrolling platforming game where players collect coins as they attempt to make their way through progressively more difficult game levels using their ability to time jumps over obstacles and avoid a slew of enemies. But although the game contain several well-deserved nods to previous games in the series in the form of iconic characters like Mario, Luigi and two Toads, as well as familiar enemies, sound effects and levels, it is not simply another trip down Mario Bros. memory lane. Taking advantage of the flexibility and power of the Wii and Wii Remote, New Super Mario Bros. Wii manages to preserve the retro experience that fans love about the series, while adding new game features. Notable additions among these include, expansive play levels and new powerups and characters, but by far the most important, and in fact game-defining new feature is simultaneous multiplayer.."

[quote name='blissskr']Thats a slap in the face on dragon age origins for those of us getting the more expensive CE the 10 bonus credit wont apply.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Amazon is not doing us favors by sticking it only to the Non-CE.... I'd gladly pony up if it was on the CE.

sweet...Dragon Age + ECA discount and Uncharted 2 + ECA discount....throw in the additional $30 bonus trade ins for me...too hard to pass up with the additional $15 in GC I will get.

[quote name='jmbreci']sweet...Dragon Age + ECA discount and Uncharted 2 + ECA discount....throw in the additional $30 bonus trade ins for me...too hard to pass up with the additional $15 in GC I will get.[/QUOTE]
Good point, I should of threw in some trad ins with my Super Mario Brothers game purchase.. I'll go ahead and order Dragon Age, and Assassin's Creed 2. I'll use the discount and my trad ins to get a super deal!! :) Thanks!! :)

At least we can take some comfort in knowing we got a pretty good deal when these games show up as $30 or less on BF. Uncharted 2 will be one, guaranteed (but who the hell is going to wait lol).

[quote name='johnmirra']why does the 10 credit not come with the dragon age collecters edition?[/QUOTE]
You should call your local representative and demand to know why!

[quote name='johnmirra']why does the 10 credit not come with the dragon age collectors edition?[/QUOTE]I emailed them last week about it. All they said back is that they thanked me for my suggestion. :whistle2:s

[quote name='blissskr']Thats a slap in the face on dragon age origins for those of us getting the more expensive CE the 10 bonus credit wont apply.[/QUOTE]

Same could be said for the NBA 2k10 Anniversary Edition.:bomb:

[quote name='jmbreci']sweet...Dragon Age + ECA discount and Uncharted 2 + ECA discount....throw in the additional $30 bonus trade ins for me...too hard to pass up with the additional $15 in GC I will get.[/QUOTE]
got those & forza3. now just have to wait till i get the credits before i order anything else, lol. gonna be hard to resist a GOWcollection if it appears in my quick picks.

Too bad the GCs don't come with limited editions of the games ('cept for DJ Hero, but got damn $200 MSRP...).

I did email about NBA2K's CE, but never got a response back.

hmm idk what to do now keep my collectors edition for 66 shipped or get the regular edition for about 50 shipped and a ten dollar credit

[quote name='shrike4242']I emailed them last week about it. All they said back is that they thanked me for my suggestion. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

That would be very nice, maybe i'll send an email too. *Sigh* I'm just waiting for it to hit my gold box now, i really don't want to pay $75 for the thing when i only really want that bonus Mass Effect 2 code.

Why is Assassins Creed listed as $46.99 in the original post when it's $56.99? Is that just subtracting that you get a $10 gc even though you have to pay $56.99? Or assuming you have another $10gc from another purchase? I don't get it.

Received my $10 bonus credit from KH shipping, less than 12 hours after shipment.

Paid it forward to a pre-order for Brutal Legend.

[quote name='shrike4242']Received my $10 bonus credit from KH shipping, less than 12 hours after shipment.

Paid it forward to a pre-order for Brutal Legend.[/QUOTE]

Dumb question, but on Amazon, how do I check my bonus credit? I'm curious if they credited my account...and if I have any credit lying around.

[quote name='Number83']Dumb question, but on Amazon, how do I check my bonus credit? I'm curious if they credited my account...and if I have any credit lying around.[/QUOTE]If it's one of these types of credits, then they're not really visible by anything you can see in a gift card balance.

The only way I've found to check the balance of one of these credits is to toss something into my cart and go to the checkout stage, though not make the purchase. It'll show up in the cart as a promotional credit, though unless you make an order, it'll still be sitting there until you use it.

It'll be automatically used on any order, so if you think you might have one, be careful and check on it, if you plan to use it for something specific.

if i buy 2 of assasin's creed OR 2 of cod2 in 1 order will i get $20 instead of $10? can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='vidan']if i buy 2 assasin's creed or cod2/1 order will i get $20 instead of $10? can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]Limit 1 per household per item.

If you did one order for two items that have the $10 post-purchase credit, then you'll get it. Two of the same item, no.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it's one of these types of credits, then they're not really visible by anything you can see in a gift card balance.

The only way I've found to check the balance of one of these credits is to toss something into my cart and go to the checkout stage, though not make the purchase. It'll show up in the cart as a promotional credit, though unless you make an order, it'll still be sitting there until you use it.

It'll be automatically used on any order, so if you think you might have one, be careful and check on it, if you plan to use it for something specific.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha...I tried doing what you suggested, and I did not see a credit from the KH promo, so I dont think it was applied to me yet. Thanks!

bread's done
Back