• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

forza 3 is down to 54.99 and still has the 10 dollar promo

#272 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

WORD TO THE WISE! I preorded Brutal Legend and it seems Amazon has completely forgot to give me my $10 credit. WTF?!?!

#273 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

WORD TO THE WISE! I preorded Brutal Legend and it seems Amazon has completely forgot to give me my $10 credit. WTF?!?!

Send them an email. They'll definitely give you the 10 bucks

#274 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

i had to email them about Uc2 5$ credit. they added it to my account. does suck to have to monitor it, but as long as they keep their word, thatll just have to be ok.

#275 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

The standard edition of MW2 has a $15 GC with it now, apparently, in case anyones interested. I might get that instead, I'm getting burned out on special editions.

Hmm that would probably fulfill my Call of Duty Classic purchase, which was the main reason I was gonna get the SE.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#276 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:11 PM

Forza 3 is $54.99 on amazon now
Posted Image

#277 shockdoctor

shockdoctor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

MW2 standard and hardened editions now have a $20 VG credit if you pre-order. Still only $10 VG credit for the prestige edition.

#278 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Check your final price for it. I believe my Brutal Legend $10 actually went into the cost of my copy of Brutal Legend, because I never got an email about it but had a mystery promotional discount on that order.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#279 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Anybody else notice Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 now has a $20 credit attached with it?
ECA code or no, I'm not going to pass that up -- especially with release date shipping!
Plus, have $10 from when I got NBA 2K10 during the B2G1 sale.

My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#280 shockdoctor

shockdoctor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Anybody else notice Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 now has a $20 credit attached with it?
ECA code or no, I'm not going to pass that up -- especially with release date shipping!
Plus, have $10 from when I got NBA 2K10 during the B2G1 sale.

Yep, I had noticed. Look 2 posts above yours. ;)

#281 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

the preorder credit promo is not showing up for me on the product pages of ps3 dragon age and assassin creed 2.

Still not showing up on the PS3 version Assassin's Creed 2, only the 360 version. I guess that makes my decision for me regarding which version I'm buying. Normally I favor the 360 version for multi-platform games anyway, but I probably would have gone with the PS3 version on this one just because that's what I have the first game on. Oh well.

Edit: Sent Amazon a question asking whether the offer is still valid for the PS3 version as well. Will post here when I get a response.

On a side note, something new(?) and annoying that Amazon's doing . . . When I went to place my order, I had $15 in video game credit (from the Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend pre-orders) and a $25 gift card on my account. I had wanted to apply the $15 video game credit, but not the gift card, to this order, but the system would only allow me to apply all of it or none of it. I can see being all-or-none on the video game credit, but why force my gift card into it as well?

#282 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

Yep, I had noticed. Look 2 posts above yours. ;)

D'oh! Not sure how I missed that...

#283 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

MW2 standard and hardened editions now have a $20 VG credit if you pre-order. Still only $10 VG credit for the prestige edition.

Is the hardened edition worth it? You get Call of Duty Classic for the XBLA with it. I hear that's gonna be $15 itself right? The question now becomes if the steel book/artwork is worth $5.

#284 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

On a side note, something new(?) and annoying that Amazon's doing . . . When I went to place my order, I had $15 in video game credit (from the Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend pre-orders) and a $25 gift card on my account. I had wanted to apply the $15 video game credit, but not the gift card, to this order, but the system would only allow me to apply all of it or none of it. I can see being all-or-none on the video game credit, but why force my gift card into it as well?

Check the page where you choose your payment method, there should be an option to uncheck the gift card. I did it like a week or two ago while I wanted to order something out-of-the-blue but still wanted to put that gift card towards something bigger.

#285 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

Check the page where you choose your payment method, there should be an option to uncheck the gift card. I did it like a week or two ago while I wanted to order something out-of-the-blue but still wanted to put that gift card towards something bigger.

I don't get this ... money is money. Why does it matter if you use a gift card now or later?

#286 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

Did anybody receive their Smackdown 2010 $10 credit yet? They shipped me the game on Monday, I received it Wednesday and I still haven't received the credit.

#287 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

It was 7AM CST when Amazon sent me an email informing me my Hardened Edition got bumped up to a $15 credit, then a few hours later I got another but now for $20. No complaints but I just wish it was possible to add these to current preorders. =(

I don't get this ... money is money. Why does it matter if you use a gift card now or later?

Personal preference. I don't feel as bad when my total comes out to $40 instead of $60 on a video game versus using that gift card on a much smaller item like a $10 Blu-ray.

#288 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Nope, I tried that -- what came up was a single check box for applying my credit, which equaled the total amount of both the video game credit and the gift card. No option to break it down any further. Like I said, I'm assuming this must be new, because what you're saying is the experience that I've had in the past (separate check boxes for promotional credits and gift cards).

It matters because this is a pre-order that's still over a month from billing and shipping (assuming no further delays) based on their estimated shipping date, and I want to have the option to use the gift card on another (non-game, so I conversely don't want to save the video game credit for it, hence the reason that it combining them is an issue) order that I'll probably be doing sooner. It's basically a question of which month's credit card bill it's affecting.

Edited by arcane93, 22 October 2009 - 10:58 PM.

#289 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:21 PM

Question - can you use more than one of these credits on a single purchase? I have a $5 code from UC2 and will have $10 from Dragon Age Origins. Will probably use for the God of War Collection if I can use them both at once.

#290 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Question - can you use more than one of these credits on a single purchase? I have a $5 code from UC2 and will have $10 from Dragon Age Origins. Will probably use for the God of War Collection if I can use them both at once.

It will do that for you automatically.

#291 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

Did anybody receive their Smackdown 2010 $10 credit yet? They shipped me the game on Monday, I received it Wednesday and I still haven't received the credit.

I am waiting on it as well. I emailed them this morning but haven't heard back from them. I will try again tomorrow night if I don't receive it(they say 2 business days after shipping and that would be today).

#292 dvdactor

dvdactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

Did anybody receive their Smackdown 2010 $10
credit yet? They shipped me the game on Monday, I received it Wednesday and I still haven't received the credit.

I did get mine. It was in my account Tuesday morning and I even got an e-mail confirming I was given a $10 Promotional Credit for that game.

#293 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

PSN store special: Try out Ratchet Demo, receive $5 Amazon credit torwards R&C: A Crack in Time.

Promotional code: RATCHET3

#294 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

DJ Hero for ps3 no longer lists the promotional $10 gaming credit!?

#295 fundogmo

fundogmo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

So, am I the only one who still hasn't received their Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend credits?

#296 roasted

roasted

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Is NSMBWii not getting a $10 credit anymore? It doesn't show anymore on the game's webpage.

#297 rogXue

rogXue

Bringer of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Is NSMBWii not getting a $10 credit anymore? It doesn't show anymore on the game's webpage.

I just noticed this as well... say it ain't so. Removing a deal with no notification takes some balls seeing as some people preordered for this reason. I hope it's a mistake.

#298 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

I just noticed this as well... say it ain't so. Removing a deal with no notification takes some balls seeing as some people preordered for this reason. I hope it's a mistake.

I wouldn't get too worried if you've already ordered -- if anything, they more than likely have stopped offering it for new pre-orders, but will honor it for the ones that were made while it was up. If for some reason they don't do it automatically, it seems like most people have no problem getting them to do it by contacting them.

On the other hand, these pre-order offers seem to have a strange habit of disappearing, and then sometimes reappearing again. I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days after the offer for the cover sleeve disappeared from the website and got it anyway. So it may well still be in effect.

Haven't gotten any response yet to my email asking them if the $10 credit offer is still valid for the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 2 or not.

#299 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

It's also worth noting that all of these games in question are still listed on this link that's listed in the OP. So I suspect that the credits are still active, and that something else on the site (for example, the "Playstation Network" box on the PS3 game pages and the "Holiday Toy List" box on the NSMB page) is simply superseding them in actually getting displayed on the page.

#300 roasted

roasted

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

It's also worth noting that all of these games in question are still listed on this link that's listed in the OP. So I suspect that the credits are still active, and that something else on the site (for example, the "Playstation Network" box on the PS3 game pages and the "Holiday Toy List" box on the NSMB page) is simply superseding them in actually getting displayed on the page.

Oh, thank you. For some reason I hadn't noticed that link. Yeah, it's probably just like you said: the holiday toy list must be superseding it.

One more question though, is the credit mentioned at all in the order confirmation?