Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#3061 C0V3RT

C0V3RT

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Still no RDR credit. I was hoping to flip that credit onto Alan Wake since they have it for $50. I'd take Alan Wake for $30 and get an additional $10 credit. :)

#3062 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

There's two versions:

http://www.amazon.co...74379510&sr=8-1

If you look at the edition options, there's standard and the one with the book.

Yeah, I noticed that. The problem is the "standard" edition is sold through Target meaning their will be a shipping charge. In addition, the $20 credit is not listed for that version.

I got my Alan Wake credit today but like others am still waiting on the $20 for RDR.
Posted Image

#3063 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

I'm still waiting on my RDR credit as well. I got release date delivery and was hoping to have the credit by now. Oh well.

#3064 lobitoh

lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

OMG it seems that halo reach's Legendary and collectors edition have $20 game credit for pre-ordering

#3065 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

I'm still waiting on my RDR credit as well. I got release date delivery and was hoping to have the credit by now. Oh well.

I'm so tired of their incompetent customer service staff. Sersiously... If something says you get a $20 game credit within 2 days of the game shipping don't freaking tell me that it's a 10 business day crap. Especially when I send you a FREAKING LINK to a screen shot proving you wrong.

Can you tell I'm a little irritated by this?!!? LOL! Well... at least I got in on the B1G1 with gamestop.com twice today :)

#3066 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

I'm so tired of their incompetent customer service staff. Sersiously... If something says you get a $20 game credit within 2 days of the game shipping don't freaking tell me that it's a 10 business day crap. Especially when I send you a FREAKING LINK to a screen shot proving you wrong.

Can you tell I'm a little irritated by this?!!? LOL! Well... at least I got in on the B1G1 with gamestop.com twice today :)

"Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

So technically they could change it from 2 business days to 10 business days at any time. :lol:

#3067 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

"Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

So technically they could change it from 2 business days to 10 business days at any time. :lol:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! You're supposed to be on my side!! LOL!

I understand that part.... My only beef is that they don't say that; they say that I'm basically wrong and that is not the terms of the agreement. Pretty limp if you ask me.

#3068 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

where's the screenshot?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3069 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

This is a partial screenshot of the RDR product page on Amazon when I placed my order this morning. Same text in my order confirmation email. $20 video game promo credit, 2 business days.

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=14851

Here's the screen shot :)

#3070 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

Granted they do stick you with that bs clause at the end... I've never had them actually use it against me before. Just sucks when I was planning on parlaying that credit into modnation racers :( O'well.... Like I said before. I still made out like a banshee today with the b1g1 gamestop shinanigans (watch them cancel my order...lol).

#3071 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

Looks like no CAG has received the Alan Wake preorder avatar/theme code yet. Anyone kept a screenshot of the terms for the preorder bonus?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" ā€” Albedo / Xenosaga

#3072 matrixadw

matrixadw

Super CAG Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

Cs responded to my email about the gift card.....

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this.  

I checked your order and I can confirm that you are still eligible to receive the $20 gift card for ordering "Red Dead Redemption." We'll send your claim code to redeem the $20 gift card via e-mail within 10 business days after the game releases. You'll receive the claim code to redeem the $20 gift card by June 1. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know."
Posted Image

#3073 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

I think that only gives Amazon the right to change the promo for new buyers. They definitely have to stick to whatever they advertised when you preordered. As others pointed out with my screenshot, the 2-day game credit came after the gift card promo, which was supposed to take up to 10 days. So if you ordered it before they changed it to the game credit, you're stuck waiting the 10 days?

They haven't shipped my RDR so I don't know how long it'll take to get my credit. My Trauma Team preorder shipped FSSS on release day (Tuesday) and I got the $10 credit the next morning (Wednesday / yesterday).

#3074 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Here's the screen shot :)

oh. I bought it when it was a gift card so that 2 days doesn't apply to me anyway.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3075 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

I think that only gives Amazon the right to change the promo for new buyers. They definitely have to stick to whatever they advertised when you preordered. As others pointed out with my screenshot, the 2-day game credit came after the gift card promo, which was supposed to take up to 10 days. So if you ordered it before they changed it to the game credit, you're stuck waiting the 10 days?

They haven't shipped my RDR so I don't know how long it'll take to get my credit. My Trauma Team preorder shipped FSSS on release day (Tuesday) and I got the $10 credit the next morning (Wednesday / yesterday).

So if you order a game with $10 pre-order credit and it changes to $20 pre-order credit before the game ships (while the game price remains the same), and they only give you $10 credit it'd be ok?

I mean they'd be sticking to what they were advertising when you pre-ordered. ;)

#3076 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Is everyone having problems with Red Dead's 20.00 gc? I haven't gotten mine either!

#3077 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Is everyone having problems with Red Dead's 20.00 gc? I haven't gotten mine either!

Nope, I think you are the only person not to get it yet. :roll:

#3078 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

Nope, I think you are the only person not to get it yet. :roll:

Hey, thanks for being a douchebag, hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

#3079 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hey, thanks for being a douchebag, hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

Not really, but I got to chuckle at the smiley for a moment.

#3080 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Nope... I am too. I've sent customer service about 4 emails and they send me back the same canned bs everytime. Pretty rediculous.

I love amazon.... that's why it's so hard to swallow this issue. :(

#3081 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Looks like no CAG has received the Alan Wake preorder avatar/theme code yet. Anyone kept a screenshot of the terms for the preorder bonus?

If you look at the product description for the limited edition it says:

Pre-Order information
Preorder Alan Wake today to obtain your Exclusive Bonus Content, which includes:
  • Avatar T-shirt: ā€œI Am Awakeā€
  • Alan Wake Xbox LIVE Bright Falls Theme
  • Insider Video

oh. I bought it when it was a gift card so that 2 days doesn't apply to me anyway.

Yeah, for us it only said that the golden gun code would be sent within 10 business days, but no mention of how long the GC will take.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#3082 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

If you look at the product description for the limited edition it says:

Pre-Order information
Preorder Alan Wake today to obtain your Exclusive Bonus Content, which includes:

• Alan Wake Xbox LIVE Bright Falls Theme
  • Insider Video

I was hoping to find an explicit timeframe by which they would email the code. 2 days? 10 days?

The content itself is not even included inside the LE.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" ā€” Albedo / Xenosaga

#3083 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

Well the RDR promotion was changed what 3 times... 4 times...

that's where all the problem is coming from...

it was originally a gift card... and every other time these have had a gift card they were up to 10 days...

in other words you will get your card/credit but it's unlikely you'll find a CSR that will give you one till after the 10 business days have come and gone.

#3084 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

guys, have you gotten another 20 for a different game recently? I talk to amazon on the phone and said onlly expect ONE $20 GC, period, no matter how many different games you buy that have it. I'm wondering: How much of a time fame this covers? I canceled singulatiry, and plan on trying again after I get my SM Galaxy 2 20 GC. I figure if my confirmation email then says i'l get one, they'll have to, right?
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3085 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

guys, have you gotten another 20 for a different game recently? I talk to amazon on the phone and said onlly expect ONE $20 GC period, no matter how many different games you buy that have it. I'm wondering: How much of a time fame this covers? I canceled singulatiry, and plan on trying again after I get my SM Galaxy 2 20 GC. I figure if my confirmation email then says i'l get one, they'll have to, right?

If someone really told you that, it is total BS. For one, no credit/gift card offer has ever stated that in the promotion details. Secondly, I've probably gotten 10-15 various $10/$20 credits in the past 8 months or so and often had them at the same time with no issue.

It is so patently untrue that I'm wondering why I ever responded.
Posted Image

#3086 matrixadw

matrixadw

Super CAG Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

I was hoping to find an explicit timeframe by which they would email the code. 2 days? 10 days?

The content itself is not even included inside the LE.

I haven't opened my copy yet, but I swore I read somewhere that the bright falls theme is on the bonus disk that comes in the LE.

I guess they were full of it since you say it's not in the package.
Posted Image

#3087 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

guys, have you gotten another 20 for a different game recently? I talk to amazon on the phone and said onlly expect ONE $20 GC, period, no matter how many different games you buy that have it. I'm wondering: How much of a time fame this covers? I canceled singulatiry, and plan on trying again after I get my SM Galaxy 2 20 GC. I figure if my confirmation email then says i'l get one, they'll have to, right?

Nowhere on either game does it show that you would only get ONE $20 GC if you order both games. You'll get two $20 credits.
However If you order multiple copies of the same game on one account, you will only get one $20 credit.
Unless anything has changed (which it has not so far) that's the way it works.

#3088 surak

surak

Pickle Inspector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

So if you order a game with $10 pre-order credit and it changes to $20 pre-order credit before the game ships (while the game price remains the same), and they only give you $10 credit it'd be ok?

I mean they'd be sticking to what they were advertising when you pre-ordered. ;)

They can't give you a worse deal without telling you. The gift card vs. game credit thing is arguable, but it's buyer beware if they improve a preorder bonus. I don't think Amazon guarantees anywhere that you'll get the best special offer, only that you'll get the lowest price between preorder date and shipment. Obviously they don't want to piss off too many customers so we rarely see them screw over preorderers by not giving them the highest amount, but you can't expect to have a choice over which bonus you get other than the one that was valid at time of preorder after shipment, unless you contacted them beforehand.

#3089 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

updated OP

#3090 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Nowhere on either game does it show that you would only get ONE $20 GC if you order both games. You'll get two $20 credits.
However If you order multiple copies of the same game on one account, you will only get one $20 credit.
Unless anything has changed (which it has not so far) that's the way it works.

the CS rep agreed with me, but her supervisor did not. I might reorder in the next day or so, and see if I get a e-mail saying I get it..but like I said the fine print says "one promotion per household per customer" thats their basis, even though it seems to ME, You, AND the CS rep that each game will get one. If they don't, I'll send it back for a refund.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image