Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#8611 SpaceInsomniac

SpaceInsomniac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

The loss of $.99 release date shipping really sucks on my wallet.

Now it would cost 8-10 more bucks per game if I wanted them on the day they come out.

What a load of crap. I hope this price boost is only a mistake or temporary.

GameStop almost always has a better pre-order bonus than Amazon, and the ONLY thing that has kept me with Amazon is you normally get 10 dollars in credit, you don't have to pay the sales tax, and release day delivery is only a dollar.

Take away release date delivery, and Amazon just lost themselves pretty much every single game that I pre-order for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully they're just testing this, it will bite them in the ass, and they'll be back to their standard way of business in a month or two at most.

#8612 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

GameStop almost always has a better pre-order bonus than Amazon, and the ONLY thing that has kept me with Amazon is you normally get 10 dollars in credit, you don't have to pay the sales tax, and release day delivery is only a dollar.

Take away release date delivery, and Amazon just lost themselves pretty much every single game that I pre-order for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully they're just testing this, it will bite them in the ass, and they'll be back to their standard way of business in a month or two at most.

I hope you are right! This really sucks...
Posted Image

#8613 Redfield182

Redfield182

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

I hope you are right! This really sucks...

I'm currently in the "trial" of Amazon Prime but it is offering free shipping on release on all games I go to pre-order. I think you may have to select one day if you want it on the release day which is usually 3.99 I believe.

Still disappointing as I have grown to love shopping on Amazon and has saved me so much money as a gamer with only Walmart and Kmart in town...

#8614 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

^^^^ Release date delivery is free for Prime members. You select 2-day & its automatically upgraded. This applies to many games, movies, & books.
Posted Image

#8615 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

So is release date delivery dead for non Prime members?

#8616 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

So is release date delivery dead for non Prime members?

For non Prime members is $10 :drool:
For Prime members is free.
Posted Image

#8617 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Anyone who preordered Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes get a second $10 credit added to their account over the weekend?

I got a code last week for $10 credit and used it. Then on Sunday my account suddenly had another $10 credit. I have not preordered any other games in some time.

It could've been from something else, but I have no clue what it would've been since the only other thing I've preordered was a couple movies.

#8618 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Anyone who preordered Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes get a second $10 credit added to their account over the weekend?

I got a code last week for $10 credit and used it. Then on Sunday my account suddenly had another $10 credit. I have not preordered any other games in some time.

It could've been from something else, but I have no clue what it would've been since the only other thing I've preordered was a couple movies.

There was a promo for a brief time where you got a certain amount off of another LEGO game with the purchase of LEGO Batman 2. That might be what the extra credit is. You should see if you can apply that $10 credit to anything or just another LEGO game.
Posted Image

#8619 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

This thread should be unstickied no? It gives Amazon so much promo yet their deals are no where as good as they use to be.

#8620 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

This thread should be unstickied no? It gives Amazon so much promo yet their deals are no where as good as they use to be.

What Amazon is awesome even without any promo credits. Amazon cannot give credits to every game that is coming out.

#8621 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Dont unsticky this but Best Buys $20 preorder promos should probably be stickied also.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#8622 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

What Amazon is awesome even without any promo credits. Amazon cannot give credits to every game that is coming out.

Well they used to and that's why this was stickied in the first place (I assume since I can't remember).

IMO this should just be converted into an any store with pre-order credits thread (mostly Best Buy unless Kmart starts again).

Edited by Mugatu, 28 June 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#8623 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

This isn't exactly related to this thread, so I apologize in advance, but I don't know where else to ask. If I've already pre-ordered a game on Amazon, is it possible to pay some of it with a gift card still?

#8624 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

This isn't exactly related to this thread, so I apologize in advance, but I don't know where else to ask. If I've already pre-ordered a game on Amazon, is it possible to pay some of it with a gift card still?

If I remember correctly, if you click on order details there should be an apply gift card balance button.

#8625 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hopefully as time passes, Amazon will up their credit deals. I mean last year, $20 credit was extended to a large majority of the new releases. If they add $20 to Halo 4 regular edition, I might just have to cancel the Limited Edition (need to save money these days), and they need to make the Borderlands 2 credit $20, not $10 to help with all the new releases coming up. I really don't want to shop on Newegg since I have Amazon prime and I might as well use it.

#8626 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

This is the saddest thread now...it reminds me of better times.

#8627 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Does anyone know if Amazon offers $1 Day One shipping on limited editions? In this case the Borderlands 2 loot box edition.

#8628 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well, lately they have rarely if ever given a credit, even if other retailers have done so. I wonder how awesome people are going to think Amazon is in the coming months as they will collect tax from buyers in large states like California.

#8629 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yeah. Amazon is slipping. I used to treat Amazon GCs as good as $. Not so much anymore.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#8630 Steve77

Steve77

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

could someone please approve my edit of the OP? the secret world is no longer giving credit.
thanks

#8631 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

boo to you amazon, you should be ashamed of yourself.

#8632 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

NHL 13 now has a $15 credit.

#8633 KOPITARRULEZ_11

KOPITARRULEZ_11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

NHL 13 now has a $15 credit.

will the collectors edition have the credit i don't see it on there yet

#8634 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

I think amazon is focusing on other areas now. I used to buy games from them alot, but i never got any emails about games sales. It was always higher end electronics and other services they wanted me to sign up for. Maybe they feel like video games sales arent worth fighting for right now?

Posted Image

#8635 Jay

Jay

Free and Fearless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

If anyone cares i noticed they added a 10 dollar credit if you preorder sleeping dogs.

#8636 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

sleeping dogs has a 10 dollar credit now

#8637 subtek

subtek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I just got a $10 credit for the Max Payne 3 goldbox deal I ordered the other day. Nice surprise!

#8638 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Hopefully as time passes, Amazon will up their credit deals. I mean last year, $20 credit was extended to a large majority of the new releases. If they add $20 to Halo 4 regular edition, I might just have to cancel the Limited Edition (need to save money these days), and they need to make the Borderlands 2 credit $20, not $10 to help with all the new releases coming up. I really don't want to shop on Newegg since I have Amazon prime and I might as well use it.

Yeah just looked at this thread for the first time in awhile as my friends have said Amazon has fallen off. Outside of the amazing PC deals and their customer service I have to agree. They are not fighting the taxs anymore in a lot of states, 99 cent release date delivery is gone but a win for prime members who now get release date delivery free, and lastly promo credits. If it wasn't for my Amazon rewards CC I would have gladly went with Newegg, BestBuy or even TRU the last 12+ months of game shopping.

#8639 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I don't know what was up but it's incredible how much Amazon's game sales have changed. I remember it used to be you could preorder a game for less than retail, get it fast with prime, and end up with a 10-20$ credit. These were on popular games too. They had so much going for them but they must've been losing money off of it or something cause they aren't doing much at all to entice people to buy games from them. Hopefully game sales are ok for them, I never thought Bestbuy would be my premier place to buy videogames from.

#8640 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

will the collectors edition have the credit i don't see it on there yet

check the op.