Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#841 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

I have never seen the preorder bonus expire. Just preorder now, you can always cancel before the release date without being charged.

#842 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

Do these ever expire prior to the release?

Im holding out on FFXIII since I am looking to pick up Resonance of Fate and Yakuza 3, but if I get a decent tax return I might pick it up anyways. Is there any danger in waiting to pull the trigger?

Normally, never. I can't remember exact games but I thought one or two did lose it prior to release. Though xiii is still quite away off, I say to pre-order now, decide later.

#843 Lord Darkstorn

Lord Darkstorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:15 AM

Does anyone know if the $10 gaming credit can be used to purchase dlc packs off Amazon.com? I'd like to preorder Bioshock 2 and use my $10 credit to get some Motorstorm: PR tracks.

#844 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:41 AM

Does anyone know if the $10 gaming credit can be used to purchase dlc packs off Amazon.com? I'd like to preorder Bioshock 2 and use my $10 credit to get some Motorstorm: PR tracks.

I've used the credits for games, xbox marketplace games(no dlc in my case) and psn games. Think you're ok.

#845 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

another thing.. amazon is good about giving you credit if you don't receive it the day it's scheduled with prime or release day shipping... so I'd actually rather get things a day late :lol:

Well the thing is.........Is that there is a snow storm coming up here from CO this weekend. Could be bad around here or could be somewhat minor, who knows. The only time I've ever had shipments delayed(and I'll be damned it happens every winter, so I'm due) is when there is bad weather. But the storm is supposed to be through here by monday evening, so we'll see.

Even if it's delayed by weather, can't hurt to email them anyway and play dumb :lol:

#846 Oceaniax

Oceaniax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

Amazon's starting to get really lazy with these promotional codes. I had to call and get my Army of Two promo, and i've now had to do the same with Dark Void (which they initially denied me via e-mail, because that CS rep thought that since I had gotten one for Army of Two, I wouldn't qualify for the Dark Void promo).

I'm getting mighty tired of having to do this. If they're not certain they can get the code to you within two business days of the product shipping, they should just change the freaking wording on it to state "within 7 days", I'm sure it would save them a lot of hassle.

#847 tinyandi

tinyandi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

Come on Amazon...add a $10 credit to Heavy Rain so I don't have to cancel it. Do it!

Currently playing this month
:pc:: (nothing -- recovering from WoW addiction)
:wii:: Super Mario Bros Wii
:ds:: (nothing)
:ps3:: FFXIII, GoW III, Dragon Age Origins
:360:: Alan Wake

Girl gamers will one day rule the world...\\:D/

#848 Kanik

Kanik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Can you apply the credit given to a preorder?

I just got 3D Dot Heroes in my gold box and would like to preorder it but only if I could later apply the credit I receive from Bioshock 2 and MAG. I see that preorders allow changing the credit card source but I don't see an option for gift card or credit.

#849 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

Can you apply the credit given to a preorder?

I just got 3D Dot Heroes in my gold box and would like to preorder it but only if I could later apply the credit I receive from Bioshock 2 and MAG. I see that preorders allow changing the credit card source but I don't see an option for gift card or credit.

You'll have to call or email them.

#850 shimz

shimz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

sorry if this has been discussed
I bought mass effect 2 yesterday and they applied the $10 when I was in the checkout. So it was $56.99 - then $46.99 after "promotion" - so if I get another $10 a few days after it ships it will have costs me $36.99 - wow! thats cheap!

Also bioshock 2 doesn't have release date shipping....wtf?

#851 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

sorry if this has been discussed
I bought mass effect 2 yesterday and they applied the $10 when I was in the checkout. So it was $56.99 - then $46.99 after "promotion" - so if I get another $10 a few days after it ships it will have costs me $36.99 - wow! thats cheap!

They don't apply the Mass Effect 2 promotion at checkout, so you either got very lucky on a glitch, or you already had another promotion on your account that was used. Are you sure that you hadn't ordered another game before with a $10 promotion that you hadn't used yet?

#852 shimz

shimz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

I definitely don't remember buying a game from amazon for quite some months...weird

anyway, hope heavy rain and bioshock get release date shipping soon!

#853 Machikunas

Machikunas

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

I have a 20 credit from ordering MW2 a bit ago. If I order Mass Effect 2, can I use this $20 credit and still get the $10 Mass Effect 2 credit?

477327.png

#854 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

I have a 20 credit from ordering MW2 a bit ago. If I order Mass Effect 2, can I use this $20 credit and still get the $10 Mass Effect 2 credit?

Yes, there shouldn't be a problem with that. Using credit on a game wouldn't affect the eligibility of receiving the credit from another one.

I just always take a screen cap of the item page where it shows at the top: "You placed an order for this item on XXXXX" so that way if there is any question there was a credit for the item I can send it to them to confirm.

#855 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:44 AM

Was bayonetta ever a part of this deal? I thought I saw that it was before, albeit briefly. I remember Tekken 6 had a similar brief gift card window for it as well.

#856 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:58 AM

bayonetta never had a gc.

#857 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:07 AM

Alan Wake

#858 uthoria

uthoria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:00 AM

anyone know if "Release date delivery" is via USPS or UPS?

Thanks

#859 ThunderIV

ThunderIV

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

Alan Wake

Heck yes! I hope they add release date delivery to Alan Wake as well.

#860 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:10 PM

Thanks

Usually FedEx but I have received a few via UPS. However, I have never received any via USPS.

#861 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Thanks

The only shipping method Amazon uses via USPS is Media Mail, which obviously they couldn't use for Release Date Delivery.

Almost all of mine have come via UPS, though once or twice, it's been FedEx.

#862 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

The only shipping method Amazon uses via USPS is Media Mail, which obviously they couldn't use for Release Date Delivery.

Almost all of mine have come via UPS, though once or twice, it's been FedEx.

I have had games and movies shipped to me via Priority Mail. . .not for release date delivery, however.

#863 beastly115

beastly115

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Anyone think there's a chance Amazon adds Pokemon SS/HG to their list? Been looking for cheap options for pre-ordering it.

#864 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

Anyone think there's a chance Amazon adds Pokemon SS/HG to their list? Been looking for cheap options for pre-ordering it.

There's a chance but I think it would already be up there. Alan Wake doesn't have an official release date yet and just got one of these while Pokemon comes out in less than 2 months.

#865 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

Anyone think Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition is going to get a $10 promotion? I don't know whether they typically give these rereleases (GOTY Edition, w/e) a $10 promotion...

#866 MamoruNoHakkyou

MamoruNoHakkyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:59 AM

So I just pre-ordered Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and got an email with a random promo code for $5 in Video on Demand credit as opposed to the $10 Video Game Credit... Does that usually get sent and/or applied before the order ships or will that show up (up to 48 hours? right?) after my order is sent out? I am just checking as this is the first time I have done any pre-ordering on Amazon, let alone one with any sort of bonus such as this $10 video game credit thing.

#867 m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast

Leave a penny.....TAKE 10

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

You should get it AFTER you receive the game, or what is to stop people from getting the credit and then canceling and rebuying with the credit?

#868 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

Wow, why did they add Alan Wake lol? Works for me since I have the PC version on order.

Did anyone else get spammed with notifications this weekend from Amazon about the $10 promo? Never seen them follow up about the addition of these promos before.

#869 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

Wow, why did they add Alan Wake lol? Works for me since I have the PC version on order.

Did anyone else get spammed with notifications this weekend from Amazon about the $10 promo? Never seen them follow up about the addition of these promos before.

I think it's time we had a chat about that. About the PC version...
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#870 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think it's time we had a chat about that. About the PC version...

Ha, I don't know what to believe anymore. Amazon thinks it's still coming out, so that's good enough for me.