Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#8671 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

Does GameStop accept international credit cards? And also, Creature Slaughter Dome vs. the $10 credit. Comments?

That or just waiting for the eventual $39.99 sale :o

The Slaughter Dome just sounds like a new version of the really shitty Mad Moxxi DLC from Borderlands 1, except this time you can actually level up from it.

My guess is that the Slaughter Dome will be available to download later for $10 (but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged $15). So really it's up to you to figure out which is more valuable, DLC or credit.

#8672 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

The Slaughter Dome just sounds like a new version of the really shitty Mad Moxxi DLC from Borderlands 1, except this time you can actually level up from it.

My guess is that the Slaughter Dome will be available to download later for $10 (but I wouldn't be surprised if they charged $15). So really it's up to you to figure out which is more valuable, DLC or credit.

Well, the addon of XP alone makes it better than Mad Moxxi. Plus, I imagine it will be better with weapon drops. Even with my Mordecai character with rare mods set up, it seemed like the weapon drops were seriously low compared to any other area of the main game or other DLC. All I can really recall finding where the occassional white handguns. Usually the cheapest and useless valued stuff around.
Posted Image

#8673 variablesunknown

variablesunknown

Artful Dodger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I pre-ordered after they first pulled the $10 promo (week ago), so will I be getting the $10 now?

#8674 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Great I guess I will keep my Amazon order due to not having sales tax. If the Slaughter Dome DLC turns out to be good then I would just buy it when it goes on sale. (up tp $15)

Variablesunknown- yes you will get the credit now.

Pyoobez- I heard the "rare mods" err mods were glitched in Borderlands 1. Hackers would hack them to the max amount which should have made every item drop orange. It did nothing. Also the Dome in BL1 had really bad drops for me and I did it as a level 69.

#8675 huntt26

huntt26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Definitely in for Borderlands 2. Can't wait!

#8676 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Question, I plan to get borderlands 2 and was wondering about the free super saver shipping on pre orders like this.

Does it usaully arrive on release day? I ask because i often buy my pre ordered games from newegg and i use there free shipping, even tho it states like 4 days i always recieve my pre orders from them on day 1. Does amazon free super saver shipping work like this where ill prob get it release day?

#8677 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

F1 2012 has a $10 credit for those that care

#8678 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Question, I plan to get borderlands 2 and was wondering about the free super saver shipping on pre orders like this.

Does it usaully arrive on release day? I ask because i often buy my pre ordered games from newegg and i use there free shipping, even tho it states like 4 days i always recieve my pre orders from them on day 1. Does amazon free super saver shipping work like this where ill prob get it release day?

No. I can all but guarantee you will not get it on release day w FSSS.
Posted Image

#8679 io

io

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Just a heads up for those still interested...

Borderlands 2 $10 credit has been re-instated, for now at least. It doesn't show up in the normal spot (under the platform selection box), but if you scroll down to the "Special Offers & Product Promotions" heading, the blurb about the $10 credit is there.

I'm screen capping this right now in case it goes away again. I was just about to cancel my preorder and go with GS (to use credit there). This $10 is (barely) enough for me to keep it at Amazon.

As for getting two $10 credits (for having it preordered before) I'll just be happy if I can get one without having to contact them. More often than not it seems I have to contact Amazon to get these video game credits - they rarely come automatically. I think this happens more often with really really old preorders. I had some games preordered for 2+ years and those were always flaky. I've had this one now for several months, though, so we'll see...

Edited by io, 22 August 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#8680 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

No. I can all but guarantee you will not get it on release day w FSSS.

Yeah. I've pre-ordered quite a few games with FSSS. I live in a city that's a postal hub and like 3-4 hours from Philly/Delaware where the games were being shipped from. I averaged Thursdays with rarer Fridays with FSSS. I believe that was Philly straight to my town although it may have went through another stop in Harrisburg.

I think I ordered 3 games with the 99 cent shipping and they arrived on Wednesday, with one being Thursday. (My mailman said they were swamped from the holidays on the one that was Thursday.)

Still, I can't imagine anyone getting release day unless you live in the same city. They'd likely let it sit for a day just because you didn't pay for the super expensive shipping.
Posted Image

#8681 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yeah. I've pre-ordered quite a few games with FSSS. I live in a city that's a postal hub and like 3-4 hours from Philly/Delaware where the games were being shipped from. I averaged Thursdays with rarer Fridays with FSSS. I believe that was Philly straight to my town although it may have went through another stop in Harrisburg.

I think I ordered 3 games with the 99 cent shipping and they arrived on Wednesday, with one being Thursday. (My mailman said they were swamped from the holidays on the one that was Thursday.)

Still, I can't imagine anyone getting release day unless you live in the same city. They'd likely let it sit for a day just because you didn't pay for the super expensive shipping.

Several years ago, I used to get items on release day with FSSS because they'd ship on Saturday prior to release. But as they began to push Prime, FSSS must have been given a much lower priority because my experience was similar to yours. In the past, FSSS was blazing fast around the holidays, even though slower the rest of the year. Not sure if Amazon still does that, as I eventually gave in and subscribed to Prime. So, I guess their methods worked with me.
Posted Image

#8682 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

I pre-ordered after they first pulled the $10 promo (week ago), so will I be getting the $10 now?

I hope so otherwise I'm cancelling the pre order, I've taken a screen grab of the offer anyway, amazon are always pretty good though so can see them honouring it
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8683 QPitty

QPitty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

I keep hoping amazon will match best buy's madden vita bundle gift card. Does anybody think this will happen?

#8684 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

when do we get the pre order gift cards?
Posted Image

#8685 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

you know there was a time that i bought like all my ps3 games off amazon and that time is long past. They just dont compete anymore. I find better prices from Newegg and Best Buy regularly and when you add in those sites throwing in free shipping a lot of time on games less than $25 and the fact that amazon is going to have to charge sales tax on items in california shortly it just means they kinda suck now for games sales/deals. Im not saying they are as bad as walmart, target or gamestop... however they aren't any better and heck I think gamestop even has better sales lately.
Posted Image

#8686 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

F1 2012 for PS3/Xbox, has a $10.00 promotional credit

#8687 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

The $15 credit is no longer listed for the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector's Edition. Will I still get the credit if I ordered back when it was still listed? Did anyone take a screen capture of it as evidence?

Edit: Just chatted with Amazon CS. They show that I will still receive the credit.

Edited by WingsDJY, 30 August 2012 - 08:55 PM.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#8688 andycandy

andycandy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

pro evolution soccer 2013 has a $10 credit

#8689 thepoetvd776

thepoetvd776

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

pro evolution soccer 2013 has a $10 credit

Waiting on Fifa 13

#8690 Lucid13

Lucid13

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Doesn't look like Fifa 13 is getting the credit this year.

#8691 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Any chance they'll put the $10 credit bonus on RE6:Anthology too?

#8692 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Any chance they'll put the $10 credit bonus on RE6:Anthology too?

It's very unlikely...
Posted Image

#8693 io

io

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Well, no credit yet (wouldn't expect it this early of course), but I did get a shipping notice on Borderlands 2 that says it will be here Tuesday - so I guess I did get release day shipping, so that's nice at least. I do have Prime though.

Hmmm - I just noticed the Lego Lord of the Rings $10 credit. I may have to preorder that now.

#8694 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

It's very unlikely...

Any idea why? GameStop & BB offer their bonuses for the Anthology version.

#8695 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

sorry, this is semi-credit related.
I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 last November, and forgot about it until I got the shipping notice. I'm assuming I'll get the $10 credit, the credit never went as high as $15 or $20?
Also, it's showing it is charging me $59.96. The price on this game never went lower than that? I've not ordered from Amazon in a long time, but it seems like games used to drop down to $55ish, plus the $10 credit. Does that not happen anymore?

#8696 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Any idea why? GameStop & BB offer their bonuses for the Anthology version.

Historically, Amazon has not provided bonus credit on special editions. So my educated guess is that RE6 Anthology is unlikely to get a credit.
Posted Image

#8697 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'd like to see a credit for X-Com

#8698 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I bit for Borderlands 2.

Between this $10 credit, and the monthly $20 gift cards I get for participating in Brainbench research surveys, I'm seeing a free copy of Black Ops 2 coming my way.

#8699 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Historically, Amazon has not provided bonus credit on special editions. So my educated guess is that RE6 Anthology is unlikely to get a credit.

Alright, thanks! I guess this will be my opportunity to get a "free" unlock for BB's reward zone.

#8700 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

i remember last year they were doing $20 for most big titles releasing. i wonder why they have lowered it so substantially.
Posted Image