Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#61 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Brutal Legend for $41.29 day of release (w/ ECA and $10 credit).... awesome. Thanks Cheapy.

#62 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

Glad MW2 finally got the $10 preorder bonus back. I have a feeling Amazon will do the same thing on MW2 that they did with Batman though...

#63 Fragonard

Fragonard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:18 PM

Sweet, pre-ordered MW2 and Brutal Legend.

#64 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

Couple of questions.

Can you stack the codes together. Like if I get 10 from MW 2 and 5 from GTA. Can I apply 15 towards Left 4 Dead 2?

Can I apply the code to games that I already have pre ordered?

Since your first question was answered, I'll share the experience I just had with applying my Kingdom Hearts promotional credit.

I e-mailed them about applying it to Uncharted 2. They basically did it, but rather than simply take $10 off the price, they lowered the price of the game from $57 to $47. I'm not going to contest it, but it did bring my ECA discount down by a dollar. So my only experience getting them to apply it thus far has been successful, and without hassle.
Posted Image

#65 yerffej

yerffej

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

So I go to the UNncharted page and I see the bonus is for 5 bucks off a future video game purchase. Is this not advertised and they give you the 10 buck credit after you order?

Woops, nevermind. Just saw that it doesn't apply to U2. Kinda sucks as I don't want some map.

#66 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

I already pre ordered Modern Warfare 2 am I going to get the $10 credit or do I need to send them an email...

#67 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

I usually don't preorder. But these prices combined with ECA discounts are too good to resist. I'm tempted to pickup Modern Warfare 2. Is there any reason to get either the 360 or PS3 version? I'm pretty casual about online gaming so I'm more concerned about graphics/framerate. Also any idea how long this promotion might last? It'd be nice to use the $10 I got from Brutal Legend on MW2.

#68 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

I ordered MW2 for the 360 and Ps3 as I have friends who only have one system. Do you guys think Ill have any issues getting the $10 rebates? I dont see a one per customer listed anywhere.

#69 weevles

weevles

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

I ordered MW2 for the 360 and Ps3 as I have friends who only have one system. Do you guys think Ill have any issues getting the $10 rebates? I dont see a one per customer listed anywhere.

The fine print is 1 per household, but that's a good question if they consider the same game but on different platforms two separate promos.

#70 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:21 PM

I would make the assumption that 1 item = 1 ASIN number, so you should be able to get both $10 credits for ordering the same item on two different platforms.

Just to be safe, you might want to make two orders out of them, unless you have a reason they need to be combined, like a discount code or GC.

#71 weevles

weevles

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

Yes:

MW2 360 ASIN = B00269QLI8
MW2 PS3 ASIN = B00269QLH4

It is probably a good idea to do 2 separate orders as shrike advised if you can just to be safe.

#72 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

This is awesome. I've been looking for a list like this.
Posted Image

#73 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

after already ordering Batman, ODST, MW2, and Assassin's Creed 2 because of these $10 promotions, i just need amazon to add the promo to Ultimate Alliance 2, Tekken 6, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, and Darksiders, i would be set for all my must have 360 games of the fall/winter.

#74 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Didn't realize NSMB has a $10 credit with it now. I'll pick up AC2 when it hits my Gold Box. That, NSMB, and KH358 will get me a nice $30 credit.

#75 Warpath01

Warpath01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:52 PM

so is this $10 back thing only good when u buy another game in the future?? if so, I rarely buy any games, so this prolly wont be of any use to me. Is it possible to use that $10 giftcard and put it back in ur checking account or credit card?

#76 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

so is this $10 back thing only good when u buy another game in the future?? if so, I rarely buy any games, so this prolly wont be of any use to me. Is it possible to use that $10 giftcard and put it back in ur checking account or credit card?

no, it only applies towards future game purchases

#77 bigredvan14

bigredvan14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

Glad MW2 finally got the $10 preorder bonus back. I have a feeling Amazon will do the same thing on MW2 that they did with Batman though...

...what did they do with Batman?

#78 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

...what did they do with Batman?

2-3 days after it came out they offered a $10 (may have been $5) video game credit for a future purchase. People were annoyed because it was only a few days after release and it was a better deal than the coupon they offered for the pre-order.

#79 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

So I've figured out that shopping on Amazon is useless without Prime, and that's useless if you dont shop on Amazon a lot.

Release delivery costs about 12 dollars for me.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#80 barbarbar

barbarbar

BROKE ASS GAMER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

Sweeeeeeet MW2 got the $10 credit again :) . Nice thread :D

#81 bcb4589

bcb4589

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

I find it far from useless, they get me most games a day after release with fsss. And even if they take like a week which probably the most I have ever had to wait, it is more than worth it. With these deals I am saving like $15 over retail (with ECA) and then on top of that they throw in $10 with almost every game I want. I love Amazon and CAG for these great deals.
[URL="http://www.giantbomb.com"][/URL]

#82 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:12 AM

I want Borderlands, GOW collection and Left 4 Dead 2 to get in on this as well.

#83 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:16 AM

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this.

Can these promotional credits be used to purchase game accessories or is this limited to games only? (i.e. a wireless keypad)

#84 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:18 AM

So I've figured out that shopping on Amazon is useless without Prime, and that's useless if you dont shop on Amazon a lot.

Release delivery costs about 12 dollars for me.

Yeah it's tough because even regular shipping tends to kill a deal and I don't want to wait 2 weeks for a game like Uncharted 2 just to save $5. But on the flip side the $5 video game credit and not paying tax it evens out.

I do have family in the area that would let me use Prime but I don't want to hear shit every game that comes out (ANOTHER ONE?!?!)

#85 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

2-3 days after it came out they offered a $10 (may have been $5) video game credit for a future purchase. People were annoyed because it was only a few days after release and it was a better deal than the coupon they offered for the pre-order.

You can include Halo ODST, it went for $51 + $10 credit the next day after it's release so basically by waiting you got a $9 instant savings in the place of the extra $5 preorder credit. That promo just ended yesterday:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=237573

And that's why I'm holding out on getting COD:MW2 because I will "almost" guarantee the day after release they'll have it for $50-$51 basically the $10 credit in instant saving or they'll have it for $54 + a $10 credit.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#86 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:44 AM

I don't think we'll be seeing Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon for $50 right after release (maybe black friday/after christmas), the $10 game credit itself is a strech but they only included it because they know people will shop there instead of GameStop/etc. This is Activision were talking about here, theyre probably charging vendors a premium and Kotick would have marked the game up to $70 is he had lost another brain cell.

#87 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:12 AM

My big fear (now that I have ~$60 in $10 game promotions on my account) is that Amazon will stop having sales, kill ECA and charge $10 over MSRP until the last of these promos expire.

Then I woke up .... so happy to know my prime ass is in for some game day releases at 10% off less $10 for the next 6 orders! So much coming out too :)

#88 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:23 AM

I don't think we'll be seeing Modern Warfare 2 on Amazon for $50 right after release (maybe black friday/after christmas), the $10 game credit itself is a strech but they only included it because they know people will shop there instead of GameStop/etc. This is Activision were talking about here, theyre probably charging vendors a premium and Kotick would have marked the game up to $70 is he had lost another brain cell.

I can remember COD4 dropping to $40 within a month.

#89 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:25 AM

Anyone know if credit you get applies to pre-orders you've placed? I have New Super Mario, Mario Galaxy 2, and A Boy and His Blob pre-ordered and got the $10 credit from KH358 today.

#90 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

I'm surprised Tekken or Ratchet and Clank aren't getting promotional credit. At least Tekken should have it. It's a pretty big release.