Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#91 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:24 AM

I'm surprised Tekken or Ratchet and Clank aren't getting promotional credit. At least Tekken should have it. It's a pretty big release.

Ratchet could change. Game doesn't come out until November.

#92 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:28 AM

I didn't get my credit. I'm sad.
PEW PEW PEW.

#93 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:35 AM

I didn't get my credit. I'm sad.

Call a customer service rep and point it out to them.

#94 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Already preordered brutal legend, really hoping Borderlands gets a credit or at least some kind of bonus so I can use the brutal legend credit on it.

#95 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hey, I have a couple of quick questions to those who may be able to help me out. I've got the ECA account and the free trial for Amazon Prime at the moment (until December I think). These are my questions:

1. Heavy Rain just showed up in my Gold Box Quick Picks for today ($54.14). Now I'm new to this, so this lasts all day right? Does the ECA 10% stack with Gold Box Quick Picks? Also, if I pre-order and they add some kind of free promotion later on (like a $10 coupon in the e-mail) will I still get that or miss out on it because I pre-ordered it way in advance?

2. If I were to pre-order it today with my Amazon Prime trial, would I still get the free 2-day shipping when the game actually comes out? Like, does the free 2-day shipping apply to the specific time you ordered it, or if you're currently a member when the game actually ships? If it's the latter, I'm assuming that means I'll lose my free shipping because the game doesn't come out until next year, but my Amazon Prime trial ends in December.

Thanks!

#96 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

Hey, I have a couple of quick questions to those who may be able to help me out. I've got the ECA account and the free trial for Amazon Prime at the moment (until December I think). These are my questions:

1. Heavy Rain just showed up in my Gold Box Quick Picks for today ($54.14). Now I'm new to this, so this lasts all day right? Does the ECA 10% stack with Gold Box Quick Picks? Also, if I pre-order and they add some kind of free promotion later on (like a $10 coupon in the e-mail) will I still get that or miss out on it because I pre-ordered it way in advance?

2. If I were to pre-order it today with my Amazon Prime trial, would I still get the free 2-day shipping when the game actually comes out? Like, does the free 2-day shipping apply to the specific time you ordered it, or if you're currently a member when the game actually ships? If it's the latter, I'm assuming that means I'll lose my free shipping because the game doesn't come out until next year, but my Amazon Prime trial ends in December.

Thanks!

Yes to both questions.
1) If its on the gold box, the ECA still works, but you get one gold box deal per day (or you can do right click on the deals you see and get more than one gold box item, trick). The pre-order deals usually extend to existing pre-orders, but that depends on Amazon's policy on specific pre-order, so check the pre-order details.

2) If you order now with free 2-day shipping, you keep the 2-day shipping.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#97 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

Yes to both questions.
1) If its on the gold box, the ECA still works, but you get one gold box deal per day (or you can do right click on the deals you see and get more than one gold box item, trick). The pre-order deals usually extend to existing pre-orders, but that depends on Amazon's policy on specific pre-order, so check the pre-order details.

2) If you order now with free 2-day shipping, you keep the 2-day shipping.

Awesome, thanks! The only other thing in my gold box that I'd be interested in is Final Fantasy Versus XIII (there's also MAG, but I don't care about that too much), but I don't even know if I'll end up getting that. I definitely want Heavy Rain though. ;)

#98 hskr121

hskr121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

2 questions...

1. How long does it take for gaming credit to expire?

2. Also it may have been asked allready can you use like a $5 gaming credit from one game and a $10 gaming credit from another to give you $15 off of one game. I think I saw you can't do that

#99 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

1. it depends. Each offer may be different.
2. it depends again. Some may be combinable, but in general they are not.

#100 Temidien

Temidien

CAG Lantern Corp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

So I've figured out that shopping on Amazon is useless without Prime, and that's useless if you dont shop on Amazon a lot.

Release delivery costs about 12 dollars for me.

Considering I saved $10-15 on each game I purchased in the last few months, I wouldn't consider shopping on Amazon a waste without Prime. If you're willing to wait a few days for the free delivery, (honestly, how often do you get a game you speed on the way home to play?) it's more than worth it.

Posted Image

#101 hskr121

hskr121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

1. it depends. Each offer may be different.
2. it depends again. Some may be combinable, but in general they are not.

Ok, thanks for the response.

#102 weevles

weevles

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

Actually, the gaming credit GCs are stackable with each other. At least, I haven't yet run into a situation where they were not.

GC promos that may not be stackable are credits for things like MP3s, Video on Demand, or other non-game related items. They're all considered "GC" credit, but they can't be applied to items outside of what they were issued for.

#103 bronxbombas

bronxbombas

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

Actually, the gaming credit GCs are stackable with each other. At least, I haven't yet run into a situation where they were not.

GC promos that may not be stackable are credits for things like MP3s, Video on Demand, or other non-game related items. They're all considered "GC" credit, but they can't be applied to items outside of what they were issued for.

I'm not exactly sure, but from my experiences, you can't get credit on the same game on the same platform for use at the same time. For example, I bought 2 copies of NFS: Shift for the PS3 and I was only able to use the $10 credit on two separate purchases instead of them combined into one $20 credit. Maybe I did something wrong, but I think that's how it works.

#104 weevles

weevles

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

Hm, never tried ordering two of the same game in the same order before. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go with "it depends" then, lol.

#105 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

Quick question: if I place a pre-order today for Modern Warfare 2, when will my credit card be charged? When I place the pre-order or when the game ships? Thanks in advance.

#106 nativetongue88

nativetongue88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

Quick question: if I place a pre-order today for Modern Warfare 2, when will my credit card be charged? When I place the pre-order or when the game ships? Thanks in advance.

when the game ships.
FREE STUFF!!

Posted Image

So far I received Xbox live points, Wii points, and Wii component cables. So click the link already!!

#107 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

I currently have one of these in my account. I thinking of pre-ordering MW2. If I were to order it, but then cancel my order if Best Buy has a better deal, would I get the $10 credit back to use on a later offer? Or would I lose it for canceling my order? Thanks

#108 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:36 AM

If I have a $10 promo GC (from Kingdom Hearts) and preorder a bunch of games will they apply the $10 promo GC to the first game that ships or spread it out?

#109 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:41 AM

If I have a $10 promo GC (from Kingdom Hearts) and preorder a bunch of games will they apply the $10 promo GC to the first game that ships or spread it out?

They will apply it to the first game that ships.

#110 Duncanzits

Duncanzits

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Brutal Legend promo on amazon pales in comparison to if you got a hold of half price sims 3 cards from BB promo :). Emailed EA for birthday coupon of $20 off and free release date shipping on preorders so Brutal Legend= $20 total for me lol. If anyone remembers that they have eastore credit use it on that :P. Anyone know when I will get $25 gift card after ordering a wii from amazon?

#111 usmasters

usmasters

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

Just a heads up, The Beatles Rockband currently has a $10 Video Game credit with purchase.

#112 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Just a heads up, The Beatles Rockband currently has a $10 Video Game credit with purchase.

Mother Fuck! I just ordered this last night as well before midnight.

#113 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

PS3 and XBox only. No love for the Wii.

#114 Rusvul

Rusvul

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Be warned if you're leveraging this deal to purchase Assassin's Creed 2 for the PC, the release date for PC is likely NOT the listed date on the Amazon site, as evidenced by various websites: http://www.vgrelease...ate-117376.aspx, http://www.gamespot....ws/6229207.html, http://pc.ign.com/ob...3/14302492.html. PC version will come in Q1 2010 according to these, not on Nov 17th with the console versions.

-Rusvul

#115 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Heavy Rain has appeared in my quick picks a few times as well, and I'm tempted, but I'm hesitant to pre-order something that doesn't even have an official scheduled release date yet . . .

#116 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:05 PM

Added to OP:
:ps3: The Beatles: Rock Band $53.99 w/$10 gaming credit

#117 XRznach0

XRznach0

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

I'm going to assume this Video Games Credit doesn't work on Console Purchases. Or does it?

Edit: Nevermind i just confirmed that it does work on Consoles.

Edited by XRznach0, 01 October 2009 - 11:01 PM.
Update

#118 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Added to OP:
:ps3: The Beatles: Rock Band $53.99 w/$10 gaming credit

That appears to be a multi-platform deal.

#119 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:36 PM

Awesome! I put in an order earlier when they didn't have the $10 promotion for 2 copies of Smackdown vs Raw and MW2 and now I will hopefully get $30 in credit since it says it will apply to pre-existing orders. To top it off, I got 20% off with my ECA discount =)

#120 catabarez

catabarez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

I checked for the Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 version of The Beatles: Rock Band, and it also has the $10 credit
Posted Image