Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#1231 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

E-mailed again for dante's inferno, I think the credit from mass effect 2 screwed them up and stated I already had it. Whatever, I'm sick of e-mailing. This is just annoying.

#1232 Peacemaker1ps

Peacemaker1ps

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

Ordered Dante's inferno on 13th, received $10 credit email this morning:14th.
I have amazon prime, if that mattes any.

#1233 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Question, Is there some way to tell what credits i may or may not have ? I have looked around on the website but cant find anything stating what i have.. im 99% sure i used them all but still.

#1234 lilman

lilman

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

Question, Is there some way to tell what credits i may or may not have ? I have looked around on the website but cant find anything stating what i have.. im 99% sure i used them all but still.

I know one way (to check for video game credits) is to add a video game to your cart, pretend like your checking out, and then on the shipping and handling page it will list any promotional credits you have in the saved credit cards section.

#1235 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

I know one way (to check for video game credits) is to add a video game to your cart, pretend like your checking out, and then on the shipping and handling page it will list any promotional credits you have in the saved credit cards section.

This is the only way I know how to check this, too. I'd love to know if there was an easier way, but I don't think there is.

#1236 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:01 AM

OMG!! I emailed about a credit on Super Monkey Ball... and the rep emailed back that my order wasn't eligible because it didn't fall in between the dates of December 24 and February 13. I received the order on the 9th and their own offer states that all preorders will be eligible! Kinda pissed off about this one so emailing again.

#1237 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:35 AM

If I don't get my Dante's Inferno credit by the time I get off work tomorrow, I'm sending an e-mail for sure.

#1238 Duckman5

Duckman5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:13 AM

That's stupid, no credit for preordering the PC version of Bad Company 2? Why?!
Posted Image

#1239 udabenshen

udabenshen

Almost Revolutionary...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:35 AM

That's stupid, no credit for preordering the PC version of Bad Company 2? Why?!

Sounds like the Steam pre-order bonus is the way to go. Too bad, too, because i have become spoiled by all the great gaming credit deals from amazon.

Anyways, great deal for people going console with this one!

#1240 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:52 AM

i canceled and reordered BC2. i made an order last year. dont wanna get screwed over a $20 credit! :D
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#1241 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:45 AM

i canceled and reordered BC2. i made an order last year. dont wanna get screwed over a $20 credit! :D

promotion applies to existing orders automatically!
Posted Image

#1242 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:56 AM

promotion applies to existing orders automatically!

Uh...no. Sadly, Amazon has a terrible time keeping track of their promos. I have yet to receive one out of probably 10 that I have qualified for without e-mailing them at least once and usually several times. Yes, technically everyone who has already pre-ordered qualifies, but chances are there is nothing in their system to indicate it and all of us who already pre-ordered will have to call or e-mail two days after release.

#1243 Ernie

Ernie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

Thanks OP! I am taking advantage of the 20 dollars credit for battlefield bad company dos. Plan on using the credit towards final fantasy 13 or god of war 3...cant decide though :(

#1244 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

Wow this credit for Bioshock 2 really wants to make me order something. Red Dead for 46.99 or Just Cause 2 for 49.99... Just don't know if I should pull the trigger, I deleted the e-mail but doesn't it last until late April?

If so I'm going to sit on it.
Posted Image

#1245 Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

Uh...no. Sadly, Amazon has a terrible time keeping track of their promos. I have yet to receive one out of probably 10 that I have qualified for without e-mailing them at least once and usually several times. Yes, technically everyone who has already pre-ordered qualifies, but chances are there is nothing in their system to indicate it and all of us who already pre-ordered will have to call or e-mail two days after release.

i havent had that problem...yet
i preordered tvc back in September and one day after it arrived i got the $10 promo credit that was added after i preordered

#1246 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:30 AM

They didn't send me the $10 credit from either New Super Mario Bros Wii or AC2. Calling was a complete waste. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. They said I had $36 credit. But $20 was from a B80G20off promo I activated but hadn't used yet, $10 was from AC2/NSMBW, and $6 was from video on demand.

#1247 weevles

weevles

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:41 AM

I received my $10 GC for Dante's after a quick email request.

#1248 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

Apparently they believed my ME2 credit was my dante's inferno credit, and I got a no go response. Frustrating because after getting the rental early from my work, I wouldn't have bought it without that credit. I would have waited for a price drop.

#1249 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:07 AM

yea, i reordered just to make sure that promotion credit applied. they're spotty sometimes so better safe than sorry.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#1250 Aenzo

Aenzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

This is great! I'm a total Amazon newbie, I usually buy stuff from there but have never actually pre-ordered.

But this is such a great incentive in order to order. Now if only GoW 3 Ult. Edition was still available at Amazon so I could get that $10 for that game. (I have the Ultimate Edition on my cart from back when it was $89.99 but i'm not sure if that makes me eligible to still getting, since obviously Amazon is dry out)

So I'm sorry for the nub question, but say, once I get the $20 (I'm guessing via a code right?) could I buy a physical amazon gift card with it? Or could I use that in order to apply to another pre-order which has a $10 GC with it?

I know, I know, I just read two pages from this thread. Lazy me! I just rather get a full response out of the way.

#1251 lilman

lilman

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

This is great! I'm a total Amazon newbie, I usually buy stuff from there but have never actually pre-ordered.

But this is such a great incentive in order to order. Now if only GoW 3 Ult. Edition was still available at Amazon so I could get that $10 for that game. (I have the Ultimate Edition on my cart from back when it was $89.99 but i'm not sure if that makes me eligible to still getting, since obviously Amazon is dry out)

So I'm sorry for the nub question, but say, once I get the $20 (I'm guessing via a code right?) could I buy a physical amazon gift card with it? Or could I use that in order to apply to another pre-order which has a $10 GC with it?

I know, I know, I just read two pages from this thread. Lazy me! I just rather get a full response out of the way.

If you buy a game from amazon that comes with a promotional credit, that credit can only be used on video games (what amazon categorizes as video games, which includes things such as microsoft points cards). You wouldn't be able to use it to buy an amazon gift card.

You don't get a code for the credit... it just gets added to your account. The next time you buy something that qualifies for the credit it will be automatically applied. You also have the option to save the credit for later if you want by turning it off during checkout.

#1252 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

I had to call them to get it, though it was a "general" $10 promo credit, so I can use it on anything.

Apparently, their promotions department is small and works only M-F, so they're a bit overwhelmed at times, from what the rep told me.

She also made sure to send a follow-up email to their department to figure out what the issue was, when I told her that other games that shipped around the same time (Bioshock 2) had promotional items that already went out.

She even mentioned that they might end up figuring out what the issue is, and send me the $10 promotional code I was supposed to get for Dante's Inferno anyway. :D

#1253 dyno5147

dyno5147

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Sweet hopefully, I'll be preordering this game.

#1254 heathdud

heathdud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

I preordered BF: BC2 last week from Amazon, will I still get that $20 rebate?

#1255 heathdud

heathdud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

sorry for asking, I see someone has already answered that question

#1256 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

I just took my $20 in credit and pre-ordered Lost Planet 2 for $36.99. Then I emailed Amazon requesting they add that order to an already existing ECA order. We'll see what happens: like many, I've had success getting them to add items to existing orders but I wanted to find a way to also use my credits so I'm going to see if having them combine orders works.
Posted Image

#1257 Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

Quick question about using the credit from these offers: if I use it towards a pre-order and I end up canceling the pre-order at a later date, is the credit used gone for good? Or is it returned to your account?

#1258 alissima

alissima

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

unfortunately, if you use a promo on an order, then cancel it, the promo dies with it. which really sucks. and yeah, the marketing and promo dept is very tiny, and gets backed up on about a 48 hour service level a lot. if you get a response you know isn't right, just write back. it will eventually get to someone who knows what they're doing.

#1259 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

I just took my $20 in credit and pre-ordered Lost Planet 2 for $36.99. Then I emailed Amazon requesting they add that order to an already existing ECA order. We'll see what happens: like many, I've had success getting them to add items to existing orders but I wanted to find a way to also use my credits so I'm going to see if having them combine orders works.

Won't work; it's just a design flaw with how they handle orders, so it's not that they won't -- they just can't. If you're like me, these credits piss me off because adding a game to an existing order will already save me more than the credit is worth lol. I may have to just settle for buying PSN or M$ point cards and selling them off, because otherwise the credit is just wasted.

Really wish they'd just give you store credit instead of these retarded coupons with expiration dates.

#1260 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

unfortunately, if you use a promo on an order, then cancel it, the promo dies with it. which really sucks. and yeah, the marketing and promo dept is very tiny, and gets backed up on about a 48 hour service level a lot. if you get a response you know isn't right, just write back. it will eventually get to someone who knows what they're doing.

Is this true? I've always got all type ofr promos back if I cancel an order they were applied to (though I've never done it with these video game credits). Hopefully the same thing applies here as it seems like I need to cancel my Lost Planet 2 order after reading Jodou's post. If they can't add it to an ECA order, I'm only saving a few bucks using the credit rather than just adding it to an ECA order without the credits and using them for something else.
Posted Image