Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#1291 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

Apparently if you email amazon about promo credit you get in a never ending loop about it being automatic lol... I don't think they actually read emails, perhaps they just copy paste something. That's been my experience anyway.

#1292 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Apparently if you email amazon about promo credit you get in a never ending loop about it being automatic lol... I don't think they actually read emails, perhaps they just copy paste something. That's been my experience anyway.

Same here. Yesterday I emailed about the Dante's Inferno credit and they replied back saying "The two promotional certificates for $10 was automatically added to your account, and you won't receive a claim code." Yeah, I specifically said there was $20 on my account from preordering Mag and Bioschock 2, but I was waiting on the credit from Dante's Inferno. Reading our emails would really help.

#1293 lpburk2

lpburk2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:36 PM

I also have not received my Dante's Inferno credit, though my Bioshock credit arrived quickly.

#1294 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Same here. Yesterday I emailed about the Dante's Inferno credit and they replied back saying "The two promotional certificates for $10 was automatically added to your account, and you won't receive a claim code." Yeah, I specifically said there was $20 on my account from preordering Mag and Bioschock 2, but I was waiting on the credit from Dante's Inferno. Reading our emails would really help.

Sent another email and got them to add a $10 credit to my account. I'm not sure what the holdup is with the credits for Dante's Inferno.

#1295 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Heavy Rain just dropped by a dollar I think. It's $54.96 now. Hopefully a credit comes soon

#1296 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Not for me. I emailed about the Bioshock 2 credit last Wed. Day and a half later, no response, so I called and they gave me a $10 promotional credit right away. Now, this morning, I get an email response with another $10 credit. Not that I'm complaining, but what are they doing over there?

#1297 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

Yup, copy and paste e-mail I got. I assume they were talking about my mass effect 2 credit. I didn't bother e-mailing again.

#1298 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Still no Dante here either, what is their problem with these.

#1299 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

Still no Dante here either, what is their problem with these.

This is probably the issue:

Apparently, their promotions department is small and works only M-F, so they're a bit overwhelmed at times, from what the rep told me.

From a phone call I had with Amazon over my Dante's Inferno credit.

#1300 ruxtpin

ruxtpin

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Dunno' if it was just a fluke and they're going to change it, but I decided to jump on BC2 because of the 20 dollar credit toward a future purchase. I was toying with the idea of the 2 day shipping with the Prime trial and was clicking through the shipping options. I selected release date delivery and it was only 5 dollars.

I went ahead and confirmed the order and it was only 65 dollars with a supposed delivery date of March 2nd. I thought release date delivery was outrageously expensive?

Just thought I'd mention it, if anyone else wants to give it a try.

#1301 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

Dunno' if it was just a fluke and they're going to change it, but I decided to jump on BC2 because of the 20 dollar credit toward a future purchase. I was toying with the idea of the 2 day shipping with the Prime trial and was clicking through the shipping options. I selected release date delivery and it was only 5 dollars.

I went ahead and confirmed the order and it was only 65 dollars with a supposed delivery date of March 2nd. I thought release date delivery was outrageously expensive?

Just thought I'd mention it, if anyone else wants to give it a try.

Was your credit $20? Mine was only 5 and I've been toying with it for awhile and no luck. They e-mail you a code, right?

#1302 ruxtpin

ruxtpin

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

Was your credit $20? Mine was only 5 and I've been toying with it for awhile and no luck. They e-mail you a code, right?

Yeah. My credit was still $20 and the game price was $59.99. I just thought it odd, because release date delivery is something like 20 dollars extra isn't it (usually?) Except it was only 5 bucks.

#1303 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

Yeah. My credit was still $20 and the game price was $59.99. I just thought it odd, because release date delivery is something like 20 dollars extra isn't it (usually?) Except it was only 5 bucks.

For some odd reason it only gave me $5 credit toward T.V. seasons.
Another question, I have standard shipping right now, and it says est delivery is March 8-10, will that change? Has anyone done standard shipping on preorders before? When does it usually deliver?

#1304 zebbers

zebbers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

For some odd reason it only gave me $5 credit toward T.V. seasons.
Another question, I have standard shipping right now, and it says est delivery is March 8-10, will that change? Has anyone done standard shipping on preorders before? When does it usually deliver?

This has been said twenty times already in this thread: The $20 credit code won't be sent until the game ships....just as your credit card won't be charged then. The TV code is different and in addition to the $20 credit.

#1305 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:55 AM

Around 4 emails from me with responses, and I finally got credit. Ended up saying this was my last email and that its more hassle than its worth, and they need to correct their automated system.

Got a response that said they viewed my account and it listed that I had 20.01 in my account, and to place an order. If I was not able to use the credit, they would apply the difference to the order.

Emailed them back w/ my order, they added the $10.01 difference, and told me they were sending a tech request to figure out why the system shows me with 20.01 credit, but only $10 showing up at checkout.

So many emails, but finally a /real/ response.

#1306 MikeIsGood

MikeIsGood

CAG'n Since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

I just noticed that the $10 I got from Mass Effect 2 expires at the end of this month. Sorry if this has been asked, but can I use the $10 to preorder a game that doesn't ship until after the credit expires?

The Show 10 shipps 2 days after my credit expires :|
Posted Image

#1307 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:34 AM

I just noticed that the $10 I got from Mass Effect 2 expires at the end of this month. Sorry if this has been asked, but can I use the $10 to preorder a game that doesn't ship until after the credit expires?

The Show 10 shipps 2 days after my credit expires :|

Of course, I used my MW2 credit on Bioshock 2... Came out three months later than MW2
Posted Image

#1308 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:52 AM

Bummed that Battlefield went up, I'm not sure if I should order now. $20 credit is mighty tempting though.

#1309 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

i guess no promotional credit for Heavy Rain :(
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1310 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

I'd be willing to bet they add a promo credit a couple of days after it releases, but raise the price back up.

#1311 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Bummed that Battlefield went up, I'm not sure if I should order now. $20 credit is mighty tempting though.

If you like shooters, I see this as a very hard deal to pass up.

I think I've spent just as much time (if not more) in the Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo than I have in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Then again, that may not mean much, lol

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#1312 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

I'd be willing to bet they add a promo credit a couple of days after it releases, but raise the price back up.

If they do this, they would piss lots of people off. Extending an offer beyond launch is ok, but giving a new credit right after launch is undeniably screwing people.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#1313 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

If they do this, they would piss lots of people off. Extending an offer beyond launch is ok, but giving a new credit right after launch is undeniably screwing people.

It's happened before.

Does anyone know much about this pre-order bonus of another episode? It seems it's available from more than one place, so I'm wondering if it won't be free on PSN. Similar to the Joker pre-order bonus for Batman: AA.

#1314 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

They've done it in the past, so don't be surprised.

#1315 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

They've done it in the past, so don't be surprised.

Yeah, what game was that? I remember it. I emailed about it and got the credit too..

#1316 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, what game was that? I remember it. I emailed about it and got the credit too..

I think it was Uncharted 2.

#1317 CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Damn you Amazon, you and your gift cards!

That Bad Company 2 deal looks awfully tempting.
Posted Image

#1318 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

How is it that people are getting charged for Release-Date shipping when I'm not even a Prime member or free trial member and I've got it free on every major release for the passed 6+ months? Does location play a part in that?

This game is a no brainer and to purchase it from Amazon is also a no brainer. I wish Amazon had a special weapon to go with their pre-order like GS....oh well can't get them all.

#1319 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

EA is trying to give people a reason to pick up bad company 2 new. Like ME2, this'll have a access code to get to their "VIP" goodies of "free content". Access that'll cost you money if you buy it later down the road or used.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#1320 CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:53 PM

I wish Amazon had a special weapon to go with their pre-order like GS....oh well can't get them all.

I'm pretty sure the pre-order only gives you 'early access' to a game mode and a weapon that you can unlock later on.

$20 dollars sounds much better, no matter what pre-order Bonuses GS throws at us.
Posted Image