Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#121 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

weird, earlier today it was not showing the $10 GC offer for the Wii for me. Now it does too.

#122 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:38 AM

Might be a stupid question. First time buyer of a 10 dollar future purchase from kingdom hearts. When do these, and more importantly, WHERE, do they show up?

#123 weevles

weevles

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:50 AM

In your account about 24-48 hours after the order ships. You should get an email when it happens.

#124 farfus

farfus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

I went ahead and reordered dragon age of origins for the 360, just too good a deal to passup...

#125 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

I don't think this has been posted in this thread yet but I just noticed a link on Amazon.com that provides a checklist of these games that are available with promotional credit:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

It also seems that on that list that both Need for Speed: Nitro titles come with $10 credit.
Wii:
http://www.amazon.co...WCE3R0GA5WMRZHG
and DS:
http://www.amazon.co...WCE3R0GA5WMRZHG

#126 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Curses. Why cant this apply to Fallout 3?

I was doing so well stringing these $10 promos together...I had a 3x combo going.

#127 pram12

pram12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Wait, does Uncharted 2 get instant credit? I remember reading it did.

#128 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

I don't think this has been posted in this thread yet but I just noticed a link on Amazon.com that provides a checklist of these games that are available with promotional credit:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

Nice list but it only shows the pre-orders and not the currently available ones like Beatles RB.

#129 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Nice list but it only shows the pre-orders and not the currently available ones like Beatles RB.

Good catch. It sure would be nice of amazon to include the games that aren't pre-orders.

#130 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

This fall is going to kill my wallet - winter is looking the same way (strangely good winter this year!!)

#131 Blindman

Blindman

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

Well that NBA2k10 for PC is only 19.99 with 10 dollar GC.
Apply ECA then its about 22 dollar ship.

So when it ships its about 12 bucks...

I wonder the PC version is any good.

#132 cyphen

cyphen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

Did anyone receive $10 promotion credit yesterday and have no idea where it came from? It may just be extremely late ODST credit or maybe its from one of the games I preordered yesterday.

#133 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

Did anyone receive $10 promotion credit yesterday and have no idea where it came from? It may just be extremely late ODST credit or maybe its from one of the games I preordered yesterday.

I received one yesterday... assuming it was from ODST cause it had never showed up... and I had sent 2 emails and called about it and it was turned over to the marketing dept, and I just heard back from them yesterday that it was an error and would be showing up in the next week... so figure it was from ODST... the way the email read, it sounded like they found some problem that affected more than just me

#134 cyphen

cyphen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

I received one yesterday... assuming it was from ODST cause it had never showed up... and I had sent 2 emails and called about it and it was turned over to the marketing dept, and I just heard back from them yesterday that it was an error and would be showing up in the next week... so figure it was from ODST... the way the email read, it sounded like they found some problem that affected more than just me

Thats probably it. Thanks for the response.

#135 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

hm it might be, but i got my $10 from ODST last week and used them, and i have two additional $10 credits today...

#136 ohnomelon

ohnomelon

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

Quick question about preorders: If you preorder a game on Amazon do you get charged the full price then or only when it ships?

#137 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Quick questions about preorders:

1: If you preorder a game on Amazon do you get charged the full price then or only when it ships?

and 2: DSo I get the GC when I put in the order or when it ships?

1. When it ships

2. A couple of business days after it ships

#138 cheapomonkey

cheapomonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Posted Image The Beatles: Rock Band $53.99 w/$10 gaming credit

crap. i looked at this list a few times. i don't know how i missed that. and now it doesn't look like they're doing any credit.

anyone know how long this lasted?

---
uh, never mind. now it is showing up.

the box with the $10 credit alternates with the box for trade in credit, so it only shows up every other time... which is incredibly stupid.

#139 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

As for 2, I was somewhat wondering the same thing. I have a few pre-orders already made that have Gold Box discounts that I would prefer not to cancel. I mainly wasn't sure about the hit/miss rate on e-mailing Amazon's CS asking them to apply the promotional code to an order I already made.

If anyone answered this in the thread, I missed it and have been wondering the same thing. If I get one of the $10 promotional credits and want to apply it to an already existing pre-order that I can't redo (because of gold box or some other promo that will be lost), is it easy to get a CSR to manually apply it?

EDIT: I went back and checked the thread again and apparently 1 or 2 people said they did have success doing this. Anyone try this and get shot down?
Posted Image

#140 Sivraj

Sivraj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

I got the same credit yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's a really late ODST credit because i never actually received it (I ended up contacting Amazon about the lack of ODST credit and got gifted $10 instead).

#141 davidpiano1

davidpiano1

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

If I order multiple copies of MW2, will I get multiple gift cards after shipping?

#142 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

No. 1 per household per game.

#143 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

Woot! Just preordered Assassin's Creed II with the $10 off from 358/2 Days and stacking ECA codes. $35 total, which is probably what the game will be running in mid-December if the first is any indication of future pricing.

#144 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

Theres no telling how long these deals will be good for, is there? I've got a few things I'm almost done with, and also recently decided to get a Wii, so the trade-in deal combined with the $25 gc sounds perfect to me. Except I'll probably need at least another week to finish my games and then I'll have to wait for the credit to be applied to my account before I could get the Wii, and doubt the $25 thing would still be good then.

#145 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

FYI there's no word of 1 /household in cod:mw2
so for multiple order we can get $10 as much as the cod right?

Ummmm.....purple?

#146 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

Theres no telling how long these deals will be good for, is there? I've got a few things I'm almost done with, and also recently decided to get a Wii, so the trade-in deal combined with the $25 gc sounds perfect to me. Except I'll probably need at least another week to finish my games and then I'll have to wait for the credit to be applied to my account before I could get the Wii, and doubt the $25 thing would still be good then.

Most of them stay up until the game ships. ODST had one that even stayed up a couple days after it shipped. The MW2 one disappeared for a while at one point, but it's back now. So yes it's possible that they could take these down whenever they want to, but from past experience they don't.

#147 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

They told me to wait until after the 6th to call back about my missing $10 credit.

I have to wait a week for $10. In video game credit. I cannot believe it.
PEW PEW PEW.

#148 WhiteLens

WhiteLens

EXP Vortex of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Quick question, if I were to cancel an order that had the $10 gift card applied to, would I get it back?

#149 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

Quick question, if I were to cancel an order that had the $10 gift card applied to, would I get it back?

I got mine back so i would have to say yes :D

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#150 totsata

totsata

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

Its been a few days since I placed my pre order for 2K10 and I still haven't gotten the email about the $10 gift card. I guess I would have to wait a bit more like Interfaci (in nor real hurry as I plan to purchase MW2 next). Will report when I receive my gift card.