Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#2041 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

srsly. It takes forever for nintendo games to drop in price.

I ordered Mario, but how long do you think the Halo Reach $20 credit will last?

With amazon's track record, probably till release. However, put an order in now, cancel and re-order with your SMG2(or whatever game) credit down the road if the reach credit is still offered will probably be your safest bet.

#2042 BigEd0079

BigEd0079

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

With amazon's track record, probably till release. However, put an order in now, cancel and re-order with your SMG2(or whatever game) credit down the road if the reach credit is still offered will probably be your safest bet.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks much. :razz:

#2043 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

Moto GP 09/10 is no longer part of the promotion. Just Cause 2 is now offering $10 credit instead of $15.

#2044 Watchman

Watchman

BC2 Medic/God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

Um.. you will get the $10 credit from peace walker... if you don't get them email them afterwards and they will give it to you...

The thing is... amazon typically has crazy good customer service (even tho I've had quite a bit of problem with them the last couple weeks... think I've just been unlucky and getting newbies) but most of their people don't know their promotions or even understand how they work....

the $20 from BC2 is just like cash... it has no bearing on the promotion for PW... not to mention this clause "Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders." so doesn't matter if you ordered today or 15 years ago...

1. Don't talk down to me with your "um..." like I'm a moron and should have known better.

2. Um... you didn't understand what I was asking. I'm fully aware my BC2 credit has no stacking ability with the PW $10. What I was asking was if I could get grandfathered in to COLLECTING the PW credit on my existing pre-order that I'm using my BC2 credit ON Peace Walker which didn't have the PW $10 offer at the time.

3. I called customer service shortly after I posted, hence my update and answering my own question for the benefit of others. Their customer service is either the worst or the best depending on who you get. That day I got lucky--I got a fella who didn't know, but got a clear-cut answer from his supervisor. Most of the time I get an operator from an outsourced foreign conglomerate who you can tell is flipping through a book of pre-existing general answers.

So, um...I hope that clears your confusion up.
"Ohh! Kitty got wet!" --Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

#2045 JasonStatham

JasonStatham

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

I was about to order Galaxy 2, but the estimated arrival date was the 26th. How does the release date delivery work? I'm an Amazon Prime member btw.

#2046 xfreefallerx

xfreefallerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

How long do the credit promos normally last?

#2047 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

I was about to order Galaxy 2, but the estimated arrival date was the 26th. How does the release date delivery work? I'm an Amazon Prime member btw.

I guess they ship it to you before the launch date, trying to aim at getting it to you at launch. Personally I couldn't care less when I get a new game/book/whatever though. When you have over 100 games in your backlog it becomes pretty irrelevant :lol:
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#2048 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

1. Don't talk down to me with your "um..." like I'm a moron and should have known better.

2. Um... you didn't understand what I was asking. I'm fully aware my BC2 credit has no stacking ability with the PW $10. What I was asking was if I could get grandfathered in to COLLECTING the PW credit on my existing pre-order that I'm using my BC2 credit ON Peace Walker which didn't have the PW $10 offer at the time.

3. I called customer service shortly after I posted, hence my update and answering my own question for the benefit of others. Their customer service is either the worst or the best depending on who you get. That day I got lucky--I got a fella who didn't know, but got a clear-cut answer from his supervisor. Most of the time I get an operator from an outsourced foreign conglomerate who you can tell is flipping through a book of pre-existing general answers.

So, um...I hope that clears your confusion up.

i don't think he was really talking down to you there, and also you are right that most of the time the customer service don't know about the promotions, and the people you talked to didn't know either. every one of the $10(or more) video game credit offers all say "applies to existing preorders" and i've personally pre ordered 4-5 games that later got a credit offer and was able to get it without having to cancel the order. so like he had said, you will either get the $10 promotion automatically, or if amazon's automated system misses your order, you can email/call them and they'll manually add the credit to your account.

#2049 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

If you need some convincing, it won't see a price drop for awhile since it's a 1st party Nintendo game.

Tell me about it, they've been rediculous about that this generation. They really need to stop milking the cash cow...

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#2050 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

Burnt my $20 credit on Red Dead Redemption pre-order.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#2051 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

I can't view one of my large order's details anymore, haven't been able to for days. Anyone ever run into this problem before? Guess I need to contact amazon.

#2052 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

:360::ps3: NIER - $10 gaming credit

#2053 quatrevav35

quatrevav35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

was monster hunter tri always $10 credit? coulda sworn it was $15 credit a week ago... o.0

#2054 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

They overnight you the item the day before release date.

was monster hunter tri always $10 credit? coulda sworn it was $15 credit a week ago... o.0

Always $10. I was hoping for $15 cause then I would drop my preorder at GS (cause man do I hate giving money to GS), but right now I have the tri bundle preordered for $50 and it includes a 500 wii points card.

#2055 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

I can't view one of my large order's details anymore, haven't been able to for days. Anyone ever run into this problem before? Guess I need to contact amazon.

I haven't been able to view my largest order for quite some time now but I can still have CS add items to it without a hitch so I'm not terribly concerned. I'd be interested to know if they have a solution for you.

#2056 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

I haven't been able to view my largest order for quite some time now but I can still have CS add items to it without a hitch so I'm not terribly concerned. I'd be interested to know if they have a solution for you.

Yeah same position, had em add ps3 blazblue yesterday. It just shipped with all the correct discounts. One thing I have seen is that when you go to cancel an item you can atleast see what the prices are all at, incase you're wondering if something dropped correctly on a pre-order.

#2057 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

My ECA holdout order has been like that for months. :) But yeah, you can hit the cancel items button and see all of the unshipped items and their current prices.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2058 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Interesting! I have two of those orders placed, one works one doesn't. Both were placed on the same day with the same discount, though the one that doesn't let me view it is quite a bit larger. Mine only quit letting me view it a week or two ago.

#2059 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

**QUESTION**
Do I have to use all $20 of my video game credit in one purchase, or can I use part now and part on a later purchase?

#2060 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

If the purchase is $20 or over all of it will be used. Anything less and it still gets used first and the balance is left over.

#2061 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

If the purchase is $20 or over all of it will be used. Anything less and it still gets used first and the balance is left over.

Great thank you!

#2062 mindsale

mindsale

Are we having fun yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

The 11th-25th of May is so overcrowded for releases. 3D Dot Game Heroes, Red Dead Redemption, Galaxy 2, Peace Walker, Split / Second, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia, ModNation Racers... Never thought I'd be hoping for a delay, but that's just an absurd amount of high-quality titles in a short time span. I've pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption and Galaxy 2, might have to do some more if my wallet permits.

#2063 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

so i have split second preordered. will i be able to apply that credit towards reach without cancelling that preorder?

#2064 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

Does Amazon game preorder arrive on release day? I'm kinda want to pre-order SSF4 from them but I want to play that game on release day.

#2065 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

If you select release day shipping, but they have to offer it(which most games will eventually).

#2066 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

Is there still a gaming credit being offered on Just Cause 2? I see it on the list here but on Amazon, there is no mention of the $10 credit.

#2067 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:12 AM

Is there still a gaming credit being offered on Just Cause 2? I see it on the list here but on Amazon, there is no mention of the $10 credit.

Looks like that boat has sailed, just hasn't been updated here yet.

#2068 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

Dammit, couldn't resist Super Mario Galaxy 2. I know it would be years before I could score a deal like that again, Super Mario Galaxy is just now getting to be $35 USED. Still, my poor bank account..

#2069 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

A few new games to add to the OP:

:ps3: ModNation Racers - $10 gaming credit

:360::ps3: UFC Undisputed 2010 - $10 gaming credit

#2070 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

A few new games to add to the OP:

:ps3: ModNation Racers - $10 gaming credit

:360::ps3: UFC Undisputed 2010 - $10 gaming credit

damnit I knew I should have ordered Mod Nation Racers while it was one of my quick picks :bomb::bomb::bomb: