Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

• Please log in to reply
8759 replies to this topic

#211 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

Got my Brutal Legend credit. I'm just waiting for the Uncharted 2 treasure video.

#212 dusbbal2008

dusbbal2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

Is the Rockband Beatles deal over? I don't see it listed anywhere on the page anymore.

it is now technically the 15th which was when the deal was to expire so i think that is why you don't see it anymore, although it may have to do with it being in the b2g1 deal. i'm not really sure

#213 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

Is the Rockband Beatles deal over? I don't see it listed anywhere on the page anymore.

I can still see it:

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order The Beatles: Rock Band - Software Only and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit 1 per household. Order must be placed between 10/1/09 12:00 AM and 10/15/09 11:59 PM Pacific time to qualify. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

#214 daladezman

daladezman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

it looks like the Uncharted 2 deal is done. its not showing up anymore. any confirmation?

#215 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

I got my $10 Brutal Legend credit as well. I have a question though (since I'm new to ordering so many games from Amazon now).

If I use my $10 Brutal Legend credit towards ordering Assassin's Creed 2, will I still get the $10 credit from AC2 or will my initial $10 BL credit nullify it? I'm leaning towards the former, but I'm worried it could also be the latter. If it's the latter, I'll just use the credit towards something else and pre-order AC2 separately.

#216 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

If you use your $10 BL credit on AC2, then you will also get the $10 credit from AC2 after it ships. I don't see why Amazon would nullify a credit for credit deal...

#217 EvlD99

EvlD99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

...but haven't received my Brutal Legend $10 promo credit yet. If I had to guess, I'd say that it's because I preordered that game before the promo was offered, and I didn't cancel/re-preorder like many did. Then again, according to Amazon, people in that situation shouldn't have had to.

I'm guessing an email works better than a phone call? I'll give them until tomorrow afternoon.

This is my situation and their first response to my email didn't sound promising. "Please wait 10 days for the exclusive treasure map". Considering my question had nothing to do with a bonus map, I was am a little annoyed. I sent off email # 2 last night. Let us know if you have better luck.

#218 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

I got my $10 Brutal Legend credit as well. I have a question though (since I'm new to ordering so many games from Amazon now).

If I use my $10 Brutal Legend credit towards ordering Assassin's Creed 2, will I still get the $10 credit from AC2 or will my initial $10 BL credit nullify it? I'm leaning towards the former, but I'm worried it could also be the latter. If it's the latter, I'll just use the credit towards something else and pre-order AC2 separately.

These promo credits are totally separate. I used my Halo 3 ODST credits on Brutal Legend, and got my $10 credit for the latter right after it shipped. BTW, debating about using the BL credit on Assassin's Creed 2 as well. ;) I'm hoping Amazon runs a similar promo on Bioshock 2 and/or Mass Effect 2.

#219 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

This is my situation and their first response to my email didn't sound promising. "Please wait 10 days for the exclusive treasure map". Considering my question had nothing to do with a bonus map, I was am a little annoyed. I sent off email # 2 last night. Let us know if you have better luck.

Well, it's "tomorrow afternoon." I sent an email just now. Didn't mention Uncharted 2 by name, lest I cause confusion. Let's see what happens.

P.S. And concerning games shipping in Q1 of 2010, I seem to remember these promo credit deals drying up pretty quickly at some point before Christmas last year. They seem to quickly ramp up around either NCAA or Madden and end around Thanksgiving. I could be totally wrong/senile about that, but my impression is that they're meant to drive holiday season sales, but with all of the 'bumps' of AAA titles into 2010, the rules might have changed. So...yeah. I guess I just counterargued myself. Typical.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#220 Bebpo

Bebpo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, no uncharted 2 credit or map here either. Got my BL $10 on the day it shipped.

#221 slimeknight8

slimeknight8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

I preordered Kingdom Hearts for the DS and sent them a message saying I never got the email which was responded today saying that they e-mailed me on the 29th that I got my $5 credit but that it ended on the 30th has this happened with anyone else

#222 Tomeeboy

Tomeeboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

Heard back from Amazon regarding the $5 credit for Uncharted and the Treasure Map. They said the original offer stated that the credit and map would be sent out within 8 days of the game's release and that they were still well within the terms of the agreement. The CSR that emailed me back was actually a bit snobby about the whole thing, like I was wasting their time with stupid questions.

Anyway, I don't recall seeing the 8 day thing, but whatever. I don't understand why most people received the $5 credit instantly when ordering, some have received theirs after launch, and then the rest of us are still waiting. That's some really inconsistent handling of this promotion.
Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :360:, SWTOR :pc:, Random XBLA Games :360:

#223 EvlD99

EvlD99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

Heard back from Amazon regarding the $5 credit for Uncharted and the Treasure Map. They said the original offer stated that the credit and map would be sent out within 8 days of the game's release and that they were still well within the terms of the agreement. The CSR that emailed me back was actually a bit snobby about the whole thing, like I was wasting their time with stupid questions.

Anyway, I don't recall seeing the 8 day thing, but whatever. I don't understand why most people received the $5 credit instantly when ordering, some have received theirs after launch, and then the rest of us are still waiting. That's some really inconsistent handling of this promotion.

That's wrong. Look at other games where the credit is still up. You will see it says withing 2 business days from shipping. Only the map code was 8 or 10 days. The email to me said there was an error processing credits and I should have it in the next two days if I am eligible.

#224 nyc05

nyc05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

Got my Brutal Legend credit the day it shipped, but I'm still waiting on my Uncharted 2 credit and treasure map.

Amazon really needs to iron out these credit problems.

PC | XBO | PS4 | Wii U

#225 judgedee

judgedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

I received my Uncharted 2 mapcode

#226 Bebpo

Bebpo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Got my Uncharted map code but no $5 yet

#227 Kamelot

Kamelot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

Assassin Creed 2 looks good, but I'll wait to see if the price goes down after release
-
Posted Image

#228 ediet

ediet

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

does uncharted 2 qualifify for the 5 bucks if you order it after the pre-order date?

#229 fundogmo

fundogmo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

Got my mapcode but no $5 discount as well. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until late next week before I send an e-mail, but its a shame that I have to babysit these pre-orders.

#230 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Has any body checked out the Uncharted 2 map yet I got my code but will not be able to use it until tomorrow.

#231 judgedee

judgedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Wow that map... was the suck..

first 6 treasures of the game...Whoop de doo!

And it was 700mb too.... that was the biggest waste of time ever.

#232 KPunk

KPunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

got the map code. no $5 code yet.

#233 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

Well I havent gotten either yet, but so far I hear the treasure map sucks ass.

#234 JayPer415

JayPer415

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

I received my Uncharted 2 map code early this morning. I also received my $5 credit, but that was after a phone call (which got me nowhere) and then finally an email. I used to think calling was the way to go with customer service because you got immediate service but lately emailing in has proven to be more successful. I agree with the comments made above about it being a shame we all have to babysit our credits. Amazon handles all other aspects of their business so well, I can't understand why they have so much trouble with pre-order bonuses.

#235 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Wow that map... was the suck..

first 6 treasures of the game...Whoop de doo!

And it was 700mb too.... that was the biggest waste of time ever.

Seriously? I think I found the first 6 treasures already without it.

#236 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:37 AM

I got the $5 credit instantly weeks ago when I pre-ordered, but haven't gotten the code yet (game came today). From the quite above, I'm thinking the map isn't even worth my time

#237 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

37 bucks for a PS2 wwe 2010 game Yea maybe if it was 4 years ago... Game on ps2 should came out at 20 tops not 40
WOOOO I STINK

#238 rust in peace

rust in peace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

Anybody else having trouble with the Brutal Legend credit? I emailed them twice about it and both times they say it's there but when I go to checkout with anything in my cart including games there's no 10 credit.

#239 A Yellow Fellow

A Yellow Fellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

I am going to preorder Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and I have a couple questions.
1. I want to use the $10 credit towards fable 2. Can I use it now or do I only get the credit once the game is released.
2. I want to get the game the day it comes out. How much will it cost for shipping?

#240 kodave

kodave

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone else not received their $10 credit upon shipping for Beatles Rock Band purchased during Amazon's B2G1 sale?

Edit: Never mind I guess its within two days after shipping.