Which 3 games should I get (whenever GameStop has their B2G1 sale...)?

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I have about $115 in GameStop credit thanks to the 4/$20 deal. There should be a B2G1 sale on used games at some point in October. That said, I'm a new PS3 owner so there are a lot of games that I want, so some votes would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got a pretty solid list going in your sig.

Everyone is going to say the obvious- Uncharted. I'd say if you haven't played Batman or Dead Space- give them a shot.

You could also use the credit to pick up some PSN cards and get Wipeout HD, Burnout, etc (or stock them up for a rainy day).

Added a poll. I'd prefer people to just pick 3 games (4 if you're really stuck). The only PSN games that interest me are PAIN! and Flower...and I have Burnout Paradise (retail) :)

EDIT: I picked the games I did mainly because they are all at or around $55 (used price) so I can get the most 'bang' for my buck. ($54.99 x 2) - 10% EDGE Card + 7% tax = $105.91.

EDIT 2: If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to post them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My only question is if Batman would give me enough replay value to justifying paying full price...I heard it only takes a few hours to go through. And the challenge mode *might* be of interest, but I wouldn't bank on it.

It's about 10-12 hours, which definitely isn't bad in comparison to most single player games these days.

Length will depend on whether you like collecting things. Also for replay there's of course as you know the challenge rooms.

[quote name='enufs8d']Cabela?

lol. that one vote might be misleading.[/QUOTE]

That was me actually :D I have a soft spot for hunting games (hardly ever play them because they all suck). I'll most likely wait for that to come down in price though (or get it on Goozex). Right now, inFAMOUS is definitely on the list. Demon's Souls is very tempting too as well as Batman...

I would say Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls for sure. For the 3rd I'm not sure, Batman and infamous are great games but there isn't a ton of replay value there, I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying either of those games however. Borderlands looks promising, maybe wait and see what kind of reviews it gets when it comes out.

I went with Infamous, Uncharted 2, and Demon Souls. First two are great, exclusives, and won't get cheap any time sooner. I threw in Demon Souls just cause.

Dont buy Cabela's, Wolfenstein, Brutal Legend, or anything like that as it's bound to see big price drops eventually.

I'm shying away from Demon's Souls right now. No voice chat in a game that is sure to be challenging/frustrating is something I think I can wait to play. I may opt for MUA2 just for the sake of having something RPG-ish. Really it's down to MUA2 and Batman: AA. inFAMUOS and Uncharted 2 (if it's available) are on the list. Kind of glad I read the review for Demon's Souls because I would have been pissed that there was no voice chat if I had gotten the game.

Roughly how long is MUA2? I'm pretty much set on Batman: AA if it's 10-12 hours long but if MUA2 is close to that, I may be persuaded.

Batman: AA and inFamous are obvious choices.

You're missing Valkyria Chronicles, which IMO is the best game on the system by a substantial margin, but if that really doesn't interest you than I'd say Borderlands, depending on how the reviews are.

I can get VC for $20 at Walmart. No point wasting a free game on that. I'm thinking of getting MUA2 just for the online co-op ability (thanks for pointing that out Draekon). Batman was fun (the demo) but I could see myself being done with it after I beat it. Where as with MUA2 there are a number of character I could play as + online co-op.

I basically, picked uncharted 2, batman, and infmous... those are good 60 dollar games. the other games, I think will drop in price so if you can pick up any of the other games for about 40 dollars, then you'll be getting about the game deal. 40/40/40 = 120. [assuming that this is b2g1 on new games]

[quote name='Thomas96']I basically, picked uncharted 2, batman, and infmous... those are good 60 dollar games. the other games, I think will drop in price so if you can pick up any of the other games for about 40 dollars, then you'll be getting about the game deal. 40/40/40 = 120. [assuming that this is b2g1 on new games][/QUOTE]

I believe it's used games only...

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm shying away from Demon's Souls right now.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I just needed a third and I know it's exclusive. I personally wouldn't pay over $20 for Batman or $10 for MUA2, but that's just me

Ugh, 42 votes for Batman, but I think I would enjoy M:UA2 more. Then there's Uncharted 2, which will no doubt be amazing, but I doubt I'll play the multiplayer considering MW2 is out about a month later. Perhaps inFAMOUS, DiRT2, and Demon's Souls? A good bit of variety...no?

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm shying away from Demon's Souls right now. No voice chat in a game that is sure to be challenging/frustrating is something I think I can wait to play. I may opt for MUA2 just for the sake of having something RPG-ish. Really it's down to MUA2 and Batman: AA. inFAMUOS and Uncharted 2 (if it's available) are on the list. Kind of glad I read the review for Demon's Souls because I would have been pissed that there was no voice chat if I had gotten the game.[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls is very difficult to recommend. I was super excited so I played the Asian version and it's very very difficult. If you have the patience and don't mind repeating the same levels over and over until you finally beat them then it might be worth it.

It's a good game, it's just hard.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']It's gamestop so if you don't like one of them you can just return it, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

It's not really a question of not liking a game, but rather getting my monies worth. I don't want to get 2 $55 games and then pick up a $20 game as my freebie...

[quote name='SynGamer']It's not really a question of not liking a game, but rather getting my monies worth. I don't want to get 2 $55 games and then pick up a $20 game as my freebie...[/QUOTE]
I meant to direct that at the guy who said you might not enjoy Demon's Souls. Next time I'll remember to quote

[quote name='SynGamer']Roughly how long is MUA2? I'm pretty much set on Batman: AA if it's 10-12 hours long but if MUA2 is close to that, I may be persuaded.[/QUOTE]

I beat MUA2 last week, but only did one play through (anti-reg) and It took me close to 8 hours, IIRC. So if you play through it at least twice you can get close to 14 or 15 hours, depending on if you save your game before you choose sides then restart from there.

Hope that helps!

[quote name='IronSerif']I beat MUA2 last week, but only did one play through (anti-reg) and It took me close to 8 hours, IIRC. So if you play through it at least twice you can get close to 14 or 15 hours, depending on if you save your game before you choose sides then restart from there.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

Thanks, it does :) At this point all I know is that I want inFAMOUS and Uncharted 2 :D

Oh wow, b2g1 in October?

If my local GS gets borderlands, tekken 6, and uncharted 2 used while this is going on.... That would be perfect. I doubt that will happen though.

[quote name='SynGamer']Thanks, it does :) At this point all I know is that I want inFAMOUS and Uncharted 2 :D[/QUOTE]

After reading some reviews last night, I'll probably be picking up inFAMOUS as well if GS runs a b2g1 used special. Just have to figure out which other games to get lol!

I think I'm just going to go with Demon's Souls (if available). I want an RPG and Atlus almost always delivers. Plus my girlfriend loves just about any of their games so might as well get something she might like to play :)

i think everyone will agree that uncharted 2 and inFamous are must haves. i would say that borderlands is the best third option. you also cant go wrong with batman, but im more into online coop play than single player games that have a brief life span.

I don't think I'm going to bother with the sale. When I go to TRU, there just isn't much PS3/360/PSP stuff, seems to mostly be all Wii/DS stuff, which I don't plan to buy much of right now.

depending on when the b2g1 is, it may be pretty darn hard to find games like demon's soul, uncharted 2, borderlands, etc as used games and even then, there would only be a few which would no doubt be snatched up pretty quickly for such a sale...

[quote name='riddler']depending on when the b2g1 is, it may be pretty darn hard to find games like demon's soul, uncharted 2, borderlands, etc as used games and even then, there would only be a few which would no doubt be snatched up pretty quickly for such a sale...[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I live in a small-ish town and I would be at the store day 1 when it opens. I could ask the manager to hold a game or two for me I'm sure if I had to.

u could sign up for ECA membership & get 30 day, 2 game, gamefly free trial & finish Batman & infamous before it runs out. i put borderlands, dirt2, uncharted2 to get best bang for ur buck. might be hard to get Uc2 used tho.

Just realized I spelled 'should' wrong in the title. Fixed. And 103 votes, wow, that's by far the most votes a thread of mine has ever received, thanks everyone!

Uncharted 2, Infamous, Borderlands.

Uncharted 2 is a must-have game. Receiving 14 perfect reviews from different sites.
Infamous was fun and comic-style action based fun. The game is kinda hard though.
Borderlands looks like a fast paced Fallout 3.

[quote name='SynGamer']I think I'm just going to go with Demon's Souls (if available). I want an RPG and Atlus almost always delivers. Plus my girlfriend loves just about any of their games so might as well get something she might like to play :)[/QUOTE]

demons souls is only being published by atlus. from software is the developer-not that thats a bad thing, just didnt want u to be disappointed after finding that out after u bought it.

bread's done
Back