CAGcast #173: Life is a Type 6 Stool

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#31 HooHaa

HooHaa

Water hazard?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

I've never felt sorry for a mattress before.

#32 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

coors light + late night taco bell = type 7 stool :-)

i normally dont comment but man do i want dissidia. i think shipwreck should become a regular on the show. the chemistry between the 3 of them sounds friendlier/funnier than when its just cheapy and wombat.

#33 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Shipwreck is great for my bouts of insomnia.

#34 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Cheapy, i feel so bad for you. why didn't your wife offer to give you a handjob or a blowie? so sad...GREAT STORY tho! I loled. *hugs*

btw, Shipwreck is one dayam fine sessy red-head.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#35 jax2001

jax2001

Finish AC:B

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

Can't wait to listen to a new show. I just starting listening last week on a business trip. Listened to about 10 shows in 2 days while waiting or flying. Iphone is great for downloading anywhere.

Cheapy...try taking melatonin (3 mg) the next time you fly. It helps with jet lag.

#36 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

You guys should figure out a way to get a third person on more often. Not all the time, wouldn't want to screw up the good thing you've got going, but gives the show a little extra energy from time-to-time.

Plus, I miss hearing Shipwreck's velvety voice when he isn't doing his show with Mrs. Ship.

#37 leftwing1018

leftwing1018

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:42 PM

Awesome cagcast as always Cheapy and Wombat

And Shipwreck writes the best game reviews on the net

#38 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

ODST is definitely a good game but to me it has the weakest campaign of the Halo franchise thus far. The action is disjointed by the hub world since each mission literally drops you into each fight. You might as well be the Chief in each one since you pretty much take on a horde on your own. The team AI is useless anyway so you'll find yourself alone more often than not. On top of that, there are some pretty poor design decision like not being able to use bubble shields even though the enemies do and no dual wielding which I honestly don't understand why it's missing.

The hub world itself would be better if you didn't need to have night vision on almost all the time. It really takes away from the scenery and reduces it to outlines which while neat destroys the purpose of building this solitary atmosphere. Worse is the fact that while sometimes the game encourages stealth it doesn't matter when some enemies can see you in the fucking dark. I mean really. What's the point if that's going to happen? On top of that, the forced fire fight sections in the hub world feel completely out of place since it pretty much gives the impression that the Covenant know you're wondering around but choose to attack you intermittently.

At $40, it is a solid buy which luckily is the case at a lot of online retailers. For $60, however, it isn't worth it. The story of the ODSTs is shallow at best and very predictable. However, the audio logs scattered about the city tell a great parallel story with some interesting characters thrown in. I actually recommened hunting them down since it is done quite well.

I hope Shipwreck does a full review of the game since he's a great reviewer. He always seems to find something he likes about a game instead of bashing it into the ground. Nice job, ship. ;)

#39 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

Hahaha I love your stories CheapyD!
Posted Image

#40 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

Great show guys. And I love Shipwreck's lovely red hair.

UyUhMmy.png

#41 Jackhole

Jackhole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

I tend to get a lot of type 3 and 4 stools.
I like Shipwrecks hair.

#42 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

The mattress sex story had me in laughing for awhile. Also I don't know who's been dissing Shipwreck because he's awesome on the podcasts. I like hearing him *shoot the shit* and not just about reviews of shitty games. He adds a nice dynamic that is sometimes lost between Cheapy and Wombat.
Posted Image

#43 Himeh

Himeh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

Great show as always! Always nice to have Shipwreck on there as well, he adds a lot to the show.

#44 SSPrelude

SSPrelude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Shipwreck was on FIRE!! I am glad he came on the show for this week. He should come on the show more often. I like to get a three person perspective.

#45 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

Great show, guys! Don't know what type it is, but I always enjoy the "No mess" stools. Like opening a present, except this present is nothing on the paper!

I think Shipwreck brings a lot to the show and I hope to listen to more Cagforeplay real soon! Shipwreck is awesome! I also know what it's like putting down a cat you've had forever. Mine had to be put down when I was in college. We had the cat 20 years. Ever since I was in preschool. :(

#46 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

Great show guys. Shipwreck is a beautiful man! lulz
Insert clever line here......

#47 sheppyboy2000

sheppyboy2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:28 AM

I do want to say seeing Shipwreck return in ANY capacity is a good thing as I too miss his usual podcast. Especially considering I spend 40 hours a week in a cubicle and as such listen to a LOT of podcasts. Missing out on that one in particular makes my usual roundup feel a little less full. Oh well, cannot drag the feedback down too much.

I did want to address something and I know I'm probably going to get a third quote on the cast making me sound like a douche but whatever, I want to address the PSP Go. You see, I'm the kind of guy the system was targeted at. But there IS a problem, of course. Consider for a moment the following picture.
Posted Image
That was from around a year ago and I have since added about 10-15 games to that selection, including the imported Macross 7 game. You see, despite this massive collection of UMD games, I WAS looking forward to PSP Go for many reasons. I long ago accepted that my collection is just not going to tranfers to Go. I mean LOOK at it. Will 60-70 games even FIT on a 16GB PSP Go? Especially when you add the additional content like all the free DLC for Wipeout Pure, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, and all my Traxxpad save files? Doubtful.

But truth be told, I would gladly take the opportunity to have a dedicated PSP machine for the various pieces of PSN content. I've learned something of myself and it's that I hate lugging around DS carts and UMDs. I try to stick to 2-3 games when I travel. But already I have several games I bought on PSN forcing me to look into an 8GB MS Pro Duo here pretty soon. I wasn't looking at Go as a replacement for my PSP mainly because my collection is too vast and regionally diverse (I have nearly 20 import games... SCEA is very unlikely to give me credit on Play-asia purchases through your website), I was looking at it as a companion machine. Someplace to download Unbound Saga, Thexter Neo, Pixeljunk Monsters, Crash Bandicoot, and Final Fantasy VII. In other words, I'm the idiot Sony is targeting. I love my PSP and keep fighting the temptation for a Go.

And because I love my PSP, there is another issue people keep forgetting when bashing the Digital Distribution initiative of PSP. Have you been to a PSP section in a store lately? Pardon my french but it's fucking depressing. Meijers has two rows of games, nine rows of Daddy Day Care and Anaconda. Gamestop has officially reduced their PSP selection to smaller than Gamecubes area (and only 25% of that is not used). Best Buy and Walmart have the most robust selections and even that focuses on Greatest Hits. I wanted Steambot Chronicles Day 1, no store in town, a college town where gaming is big, stocked this Atlus RPG. NONE. By the time I gave up the chase seven days later, Amazon was on backstock for the game and I had to wait. For a PSP enthusiast, that's where we are at. Reduced only to internet shopping because no stores support the platform in a respectable way. So yes, when you buy Digitally, you lose trade-in value... but c'mon, it's a PSP game. I'm sure people are really upset over the $5 you can't get back when you're done with Dissidia. And that becomes a game feeding a store that refuses to stock NEW PSP games and laughs when you go in to preorder Soul Calibur (screw you, gamecrazy). I would prefer Sony switch to the digital method with PSN as opposed to the alternative, the very real threat of platform death outside of Japan.

So with that, why am I not buying the Go despite many reasons for the platform? Because SCEA seems hellbent on making PSP Go a horrible value proposition. Think of it this way, SCEE gives you GT PSP, and three other PSN games. With that, I'd be VERY interested in the $250 price tag. Without it, not buying until it drops. If SCEA was smart, every PSP Go would have $40 instore credit the first time they log into PSN. It would give people a chance to explore the variety of offerings. I know that would be enough to push me over. But for now, I'm giving SCEA six months to find out what they really want to do with PSP. Maybe if it's $200 in March, I'll snag one. In the meantime, I have to wait for an 8GB MS to arrive in the mail, it has an October 1st delivery date...

#48 wangman31888

wangman31888

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:42 AM

shipwreck is the coolest. honestly i'm a little jealous of him: he gets free games, lives in the chili capital, married to someone who loves games, and stars in a podcast.

also, shipwreck has a cool nickname

#49 Wazzaplinola

Wazzaplinola

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

Shiprecks fluffy strwaberry hair reminds me of a cucumber prancing with a pickle and that's a good thing

#50 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

Great show guys.

And shipwreck, you are so sexy. Don't tell your wife I said that.

Keep up those excellent and detailed reviews.

test.gif

#51 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

which one of you needed to blow their nose i can hear your nose whistling through the whole damn show.shipwreck actually represented the funny on this one he had the best jokes. damn shame about your wife lookin at you dirty cheapy for jerkin the gerkin learn to masturbate without causing a bed quake or at least use your wifes hand to do it that way when she wakes up pretend you were asleep too and that youre offended that shed do that to you while you were asleep.

#52 Energy Penguin

Energy Penguin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

Great show guys. I always love when Shipwreck stops by. Nice TGS stories Cheapy. Wombat's line of the show...The Halo-ening.

#53 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

Shipwreck is the only part of the podcast that I'd let my mom listen to.

#54 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

good show

I like shipwreck cause he plays games.....

#55 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:05 AM

Nice dream Cheapy! :rofl:
Always appreciate your reviews, shipwreck!

#56 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:33 AM

Dreams come true on twitter...unless your dream is to be considered as legitimate media coverage ;)

The point of the PSPGo is to sell PS3's by making it look like a better value :-$

Shipwreck does the best reviews on CAG, by a wide margin. We needs more.

#57 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

Sorry to hear about your cat ship. We love you here on CAG and can't wait to hear another cagfourplay

#58 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:15 AM

RIP to Ship's cat, sad news indeed.

Cheapy's mattress story also made me lose it, everyone within a ten foot vicinity was wondering what the hell was wrong with me here at home, great stuff.

Also, Shipwreck is awesome, he's such a cool down-to-earth video gamer that isn't jaded or effected by popular consensus. He likes what he likes, and he sticks by it.

#59 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

Shipwreck is a real American hero.

#60 io

io

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

Ship - Sorry to hear about your cat. How old was he exactly? I've got a brother/sister pair that are 15 now - both hanging in there but I think they both have kidney problems. Any tips from Mrs. Ship for that sort of thing?

Anyway, I had never heard the deal with Demon's Souls about it being even harder now. All I read said that it was pretty damn hard to begin with. I have the deluxe version preordered from Amazon and now I'm not so sure I even want it. I just don't have the time to retry levels dozens of times. But if it is really that bad, maybe we can count on a patch.

And Wombat - what forum are you reading where people are pushing the Wii controls for first person shooters!? CAG is pretty much anti-Wii on down the line (Ship being a bright exception in that he actually gives it a chance ;)). (I did happen to think the controls for Metroid Prime 3 were awesome, but then I don't really enjoy playing most FPS games).

I do agree with your Scribblenauts critique though as I ran into the same problem in my very brief time playing it while on my trip last week. However, the game is still pretty damn unique and awesome. And the hat looks good on my 22 month old (see my avatar).