Photo
- - - - -

Madworld & Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Wii) $10 Each: Wii Deals of the Day at GameFly

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

What are the deals for today? I know the deals had free shipping, but is that only if you're a Gamefly member?

#92 dabogues

dabogues

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

MadWorld is back up....for $17.99! I can't believe they even have any copies left after yesterday.
"I suspect that I am the result of a particularly weak conception on the part of my father. His sperm was probably emitted in a rather offhand manner." --- Ignatius J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.

#93 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Got my MadWorld today... somewhat disappointed:

1. Disc had clearly been resurfaced. There was still caked on "dust" on the disc from when it went through the grinder. Has light, circular buffing scratches on the bottom of the disc.
2. Case is clearly not its original Wii case. The case is white, but it lacks the "Wii" logo on the inside top (above the disc holder) and does not have the SD card "clips" that are in normal Wii cases. I have no idea why they would have replaced the original Wii case with this look-a-like white case.

So there you go... haven't played it yet, but I did clean all the buffing dust off of it, so I will likely test it out later tonight.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#94 h8b1llg8ts

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:51 PM

Just recieved my Madworld game and was very impressed on the quality of the case and game.

I'm so impressed I went back and say another game I want to purchase, Prince of Persia for X360 for 12.99. But now they are charging $2.95 for shipping. I thought first game purchases were free shipping? I registered with a new and used different credit card and they are still charging shipping.

Any suggestions? I don't want to sign up for any membership.

Making Love To You Was Never Second Best ...
sig.gif

Second best website to CAG: www.consolecolors.com

#95 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

1. Disc had clearly been resurfaced. There was still caked on "dust" on the disc from when it went through the grinder. Has light, circular buffing scratches on the bottom of the disc.
2. Case is clearly not its original Wii case. The case is white, but it lacks the "Wii" logo on the inside top (above the disc holder) and does not have the SD card "clips" that are in normal Wii cases. I have no idea why they would have replaced the original Wii case with this look-a-like white case.

So there you go... haven't played it yet, but I did clean all the buffing dust off of it, so I will likely test it out later tonight.

Just got mine as well, the disc had the circular scratches of a game dr, and a few small chips on the edges. But, for 10 bucks, I am happy (I expected it to look a lot worse, like the copy of Ninja Gaiden 2 I had).

I also noticed it was a different case, as soon as I opened it, because the center piece that holds it in place is not the same as my original pre-ordered copy was. (original case had a center like fallout 3, raised inside, with 3 small triangles, very stiff, felt like they would crack the disc if you werent careful putting it back in.) So I am kind of happy they changed the case out.

#96 Gorge

Gorge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

Ditto for me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Lan_Zer0

Lan_Zer0

Heaven or Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

Not all Wii games come in that case. Lots of sealed Wii games come in generic white cases of different varieties.
Let me show you them.

#98 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

I've been lucky enough to get mint copies each time from Gamefly. Madworld and Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop came in Mint condition. I guess it's a matter of luck and you're taking a chance purchasing rented titles.

#99 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

Not all Wii games come in that case. Lots of sealed Wii games come in generic white cases of different varieties.

I just checked my other Wii titles, and you are correct... my bad.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#100 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

I just checked my other Wii titles, and you are correct... my bad.

Yea, third party titles are specifically a mixed-bag when it comes to the cases. I've never seen a case with an sd card holder either.

#101 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Just received both Madworld and Deadly Creatures from GF. While I'm happy with the condition of Deadly Creatures, the Madworld disc has quite a few scratches and scuffs. Though it was just over $10 for the game, I won't be ordering from them again.

#102 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

Yea, brand new Wii games often come in generic white cases.

Gamefly has always sent me perfect discs, but this *is* a rental company. Discs are usually scratched/resurfaced from a rental place.

cagSig.png515886.png

#103 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

Even though I too hate to get scratched DVDs when I buy used games, I must say: I got two DVDs that have very nasty scratches on it (not only superficial, but actually a little deep on the disc) that the Wii can read without a problem: at least so far :P. I'm sure it's forcing the laser and all that, but still, pretty cool stuff. I had one DVD for the 360 who despite having only a few scratches here and there wouldn't read at all.
The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.