Saturday variety game night [3/20 - Age of Booty]

metaly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Have a bunch of old PSN games that you want to dust off? Bring them to the rotating Saturday game night! We'll be putting together weekly groups to play games that don't have their own dedicated nights and have become forgotten.

We'll try to focus on one game per week, but since many of them may only allow small groups, there could be several groups playing at once. And of course it doesn't have to be just one game a week, either. Just post if you have something you want to play!

Games will start around 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific.

Game for Saturday, 3/20:
Age of Booty

Future Games:
Bomberman Ultra
Call of Duty Classic
Crash Commando
Ghostbusters
Pure
Rock Band series
Saints Row 2
Soulcalibur IV
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Turtles in Time
Uno
Wipeout HD
Worms
Zombie Apocalypse

Last edited by a moderator:
oh crap, its got a thread!

The only suggestions I can come up with at the moment are Saint's Row 2 and Turtles in Time.

Also, Crash Commando.

And Battlefield: Bad Company.

Live from the Bay Area, it's Saturday Night CAG?

If I'm around Saturday night (likely) could we maybe play some Soulcalibur?

I'd go with Bomberman Ultra. That hosts the most people and is one of the cheaper games.

This is a good idea. I was thinking about something along the same lines but somewhat different. Rather than have a specific night for every online game or a single night for a variety of games like you have here, what about have a notice every day for those who expect to be on that evening?

So for instance, on Monday morning, update the post with a new poll or something and vote on what is going to be played that night. That way folks who can't make the regular night for a particular game still get to play with other CAGers on the night they are available.

I don't know if that makes sense when I describe it, but wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else thought it was viable. Might be a bit more work, but I was hoping it would result in a bit more 'events' for more CAGers.

For me I usually know each morning if I am going to get to play that night. But I might not know if I am going to play next Wednesday for instance.

I thought this might be a good group to get some feedback from. I'm not trying to supplant what you're doing here with Saturday.

Thanks

Dr. SP

We could've used you... it was metaly and me for an hour then freaky showed up for another hour. Still, we had a fun "Sheep only" set of games. :lol:

Freaky had a great Super Sheep kill last night too! :lol:

It was on a two tier level. He started the super sheep on the bottom level and steered it off the edge of the screen around to the top level to kill metaly.

[quote name='mguiddy']Freaky had a great Super Sheep kill last night too! :lol:

It was on a two tier level. He started the super sheep on the bottom level and steered it off the edge of the screen around to the top level to kill metaly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was a surprise. Stop cheating, freaky. :D

Hope to see you next week, smog. I think we were talking about either Bomberman or more Worms. Anyone know how to add a poll to the OP?

I was nervous about using the Super Sheep, since I rarely use it and every time I attempt to it usually backfires. I just learned last night you need to steer it with the left analog stick... I know, slow learner here. :wave::lol:

Who's around tomorrow? I'd be up for Worms, Bomberman, whatever. I'm not picky. :)

Maybe I'll try to come up with some custom Worms games.

Ever since Warhawk died, I'd be up for some occasional Saturday gameplay. Problem is, I don't have any of those games besides RB1 :(
How much is Worms on PSN? I'd buy it if it was cheap since I used to love the original on PC.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Ever since Warhawk died, I'd be up for some occasional Saturday gameplay. Problem is, I don't have any of those games besides RB1 :(
How much is Worms on PSN? I'd buy it if it was cheap since I used to love the original on PC.[/QUOTE]

We could add Warhawk to this Saturday variety night. :lol:
And it's $13... kinda a lame price, but it's fun. :lol:

[quote name='Dasflikko']ne duel????[/QUOTE]
The 'ell you smokin'?

Warhawk would definitely work for me, haven't touched it in forever. As far as Worms, for $13 I'll probably try the demo first to decide if it's worth it.
I know there's a zombie shooter coming to the PSN soon that supposed to be better than Zombie Apocalypse, wish I remembered what it was called. Anyway, I may wait to make that my next PSN purchase.

:lol:
I wasn't talking about Warhawk tonight... maybe another Saturday. I feel people should have more of a warning first.

[quote name='metaly']Booo for people not showing up. DD and I had some pretty intense Soulcalibur/Rock Band 1/Warhawk games at least. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Wot? How does this work? I checked around 10:30 and I swear neither of you were playing any of those games. :?:

I showed up around 10:40 EST I think, and no one was playing any of the games on the list? I dunno I just got confused and went to get dinner..... :cool:

I think we should add Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars to the schedule. I think it's worth $5.

So are you guys playing Supersonic etc. etc. tomorrow?

I may have to give them demo another try but there's a chance I'll be out tomorrow anyway.

if there's a demo I'm all over it, the game sure is priced right.There are trophies, right?

Anyone buying Borderlands by any chance? I so wanna make a Lord Humongous character!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']if there's a demo I'm all over it, the game sure is priced right.There are trophies, right?

Anyone buying Borderlands by any chance? I saw wanna make a Lord Humongous character![/QUOTE]
There is a demo and there are trophies.

Randy, me, and hopefully two other guys :cool: will be getting Borderlands.
I keep hoping it shows up in my gold box or gets a bigger discount than $1 but time is running out.

it's going for $40 at some retailers here, I really want to pick it up. It's 4 players max right? If you have a night in mind I may want to join in your party...

but randy can't drive

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']it's going for $40 at some retailers here, I really want to pick it up. It's 4 players max right? If you have a night in mind I may want to join in your party...

but randy can't drive[/QUOTE]
Yeah... pretty sure it's 4 player coop... though I don't know if there's any comp modes. I don't know if randy has a night planned or not.

[quote name='mguiddy']There is a demo and there are trophies.

Randy, me, and hopefully two other guys :cool: will be getting Borderlands.
I keep hoping it shows up in my gold box or gets a bigger discount than $1 but time is running out.[/QUOTE]

I will be getting Borderlands as soon as I settle into my new apartment and job which should be about 2-3 weeks at the most, but we'll see.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a total sausage fest though.....

metaly and I had another awesome night of random game playing... you guys don't know what you're missing.

Sorry I couldn't be there, not sure what the next couple of weeks are going to be like regarding my gaming schedule. ^________^

[quote name='mguiddy']metaly and I had another awesome night of random game playing... you guys don't know what you're missing.[/QUOTE]

What did you guys play tonight? :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back