Afro Samurai (360 & PS3) 19.99 @gamestop.

Just finished this game and it was far better than I had anticipated. Its worth $20 for the soundtrack alone. Very reccomended.

haha, i just saw this. unfortunately the 6 hour game isnt enough for me to buy it for 21 bucks.

Looks like I am making a trip to my nearest GS during lunch :) I have been waiting for this game to drop.

Question is which version do I get? Anyone know if there are any difference between the two?

[quote name='cdeener']If this has trophies then I will be getting the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
No PS3 trophies. I would have gottne the game for this price if it did.

FYI, if you want the game for even cheaper, go to Best Buy and price match this along with "buying" a pre order of Uncharted, Rathchet and Clank or some others and you will get $5 off the game and the pre order for free! See this thread for more info.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237557

Thank you all for the info about the game. I think once I can get it for around 10 then I will buy it since its so short.

[quote name='Shimrra']Looks like I am making a trip to my nearest GS during lunch :) I have been waiting for this game to drop.

Question is which version do I get? Anyone know if there are any difference between the two?[/QUOTE]

Off topic: Ahh your avatar, reminds me of what makes my town famous...

I just finished this last night and it took me about 10 hours. I can see how it could be beaten faster, but probably not on the first playthough.

No trophies, this and 50 Cent were the last PS3 games that came out which didn't have to have trophies to be certified for release (they were certified by Sony in Dec.)

Best to get the 360 version if you have both. Also contrary to what others have seen, I saw a used copy at my store with a fresh used price tag (the new white ones instead of yellow) for 17.99.

Really enjoying it so far. Being able to go into a focus mode and choose what body parts you're going to cut off of the enemies is pretty sweet. It's repetitive but mindless fun, worth the money i think.

[quote name='MrFortyFive']Still seems a little steep for such a short game, but thanks for the heads up. I might check it out.[/QUOTE]

How short is this game?

[quote name='Brother Daz']From what I've seen in reviews the average is 6-8 hours[/QUOTE]

Ah not so bad.. I dont have to much time to sit and play so these shorter games are nice once in awhile and I can actually finish something then instead of the months it takes to comeplete 40+ hour RPG's..

[quote name='Derrick1979']Ah not so bad.. I dont have to much time to sit and play so these shorter games are nice once in awhile and I can actually finish something then instead of the months it takes to comeplete 40+ hour RPG's..[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat man...so the shorter game and cheaper price tag is starting to sound appealing. Between the reviews and the gameplay vids it seems pretty fun.

If anyone else can post their thoughts and opinions of this game i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for everyone who has posted their thoughts so far!

[quote name='IronSerif']I'm in the same boat man...so the shorter game and cheaper price tag is starting to sound appealing. Between the reviews and the gameplay vids it seems pretty fun.

If anyone else can post their thoughts and opinions of this game i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for everyone who has posted their thoughts so far![/QUOTE]

From what I played so far it is very good. The controls seem a little odd at first but once you get the swing of the focus attacks its got a nice style it adds to the fighting. Overall look of an animated comic book if your into that and the voice acting is great (Especially Samuel L. Jackson).. Music is not your typical and to me adds to the games atmosphere well.

Not dissapointed at all with the purchase.. Was originally interested with the game when it first came out and it fell off my radar.

Well I played it for about an hour or so, I gotta say this game is pretty damn cool. My only complaint is the camera is jacked up at times, but I'm getting used to it. It has been well worth the money.

Gameplay wise it is a pure button masher, but what makes it really awesome is sword swipes can actually sever an enemies limbs/head/body depending on where hit. I've cut people diagonally across, sliced off chunks of their back, cut off their foot, whatever. When you hold the left trigger you go into a focus mode where time slows and you charge an attack, targeting where you want it to land. If the enemy is low on health (they'll get a deep red shading on their model), he/she will usually be severed right where the sword lands.
Graphics are great and very stylish, voice acting is just like in the anime, and the presentation is overall well done. While the core gameplay concepts of quick attack, strong attack, and kick can seem dull, the limb severing and presentation make up for it. It's also worth noting that so far, the story has stuck pretty close to the anime. There are also half naked stripper samurai with huge boobs.
Worth the $16 I spent for it at Gamestop.

Forgot to mention it, but the music also kicks ass. I think I read a long time ago that the beat of the music changes the AI's behavior a bit. I haven't noticed anything like that though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well I played it for about an hour or so, I gotta say this game is pretty damn cool. My only complaint is the camera is jacked up at times, but I'm getting used to it. It has been well worth the money.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already press start and adjust the camera options...I think it's the second option you can highlight but change it and you should be golden.

[quote name='Chlorox']If you haven't already press start and adjust the camera options...I think it's the second option you can highlight but change it and you should be golden.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I played for about 30 seconds the went straight for the camera options

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah, I played for about 30 seconds the went straight for the camera options[/QUOTE]

Lol same thing the camera is pretty bad probably on par with ninja gaiden 2.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']meh bought it for 15 at target LONG ago[/QUOTE]

Me too. Still have not opened it. By the time I play the game it will be $5 :cry:

[quote name='casual_alcoholic']Amazon matched, time to use my 10 dollar gift card from Kingdom hearts and pick this up for 15.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they did for the PS3 version, but the 360 version is still 39.99. I ordered a PS3 copy for 17.99 out the door using ECA.

[quote name='DFWMovieGeek']17.99 used at gamestop[/QUOTE]

used copy still had old price, but scanned at $17.99 today.

Looks like a good price to me.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Looks like they did for the PS3 version, but the 360 version is still 39.99. I ordered a PS3 copy for 17.99 out the door using ECA.[/QUOTE]

That blows. I'd rather buy this game from Amazon instead of Gamestop, but looks like they let me down. :booty:

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Looks like the PS3 version is now OOS @amazon.com.[/QUOTE]
It's still there, you just need to click on the 34 new link and Amazon is the first one listed. Although is ships in 2-4 weeks.

[quote name='no_exit']It's still there, you just need to click on the 34 new link and Amazon is the first one listed. Although is ships in 2-4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Shipping in 2-4 weeks is what OOS means. Out Of Stock. They don't have it right now.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Shipping in 2-4 weeks is what OOS means. Out Of Stock. They don't have it right now.[/QUOTE]
Meh - to me OOS means it's not available at all (like Eternal Sonata)

bread's done
Back