Photo
- - - - -

Afro Samurai (360 & PS3) 19.99 @gamestop.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Apathetic-Irony

Apathetic-Irony

Seize the Carp!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

Gameplay wise it is a pure button masher, but what makes it really awesome is sword swipes can actually sever an enemies limbs/head/body depending on where hit. I've cut people diagonally across, sliced off chunks of their back, cut off their foot, whatever. When you hold the left trigger you go into a focus mode where time slows and you charge an attack, targeting where you want it to land. If the enemy is low on health (they'll get a deep red shading on their model), he/she will usually be severed right where the sword lands.
Graphics are great and very stylish, voice acting is just like in the anime, and the presentation is overall well done. While the core gameplay concepts of quick attack, strong attack, and kick can seem dull, the limb severing and presentation make up for it. It's also worth noting that so far, the story has stuck pretty close to the anime. There are also half naked stripper samurai with huge boobs.
Worth the $16 I spent for it at Gamestop.

Forgot to mention it, but the music also kicks ass. I think I read a long time ago that the beat of the music changes the AI's behavior a bit. I haven't noticed anything like that though.

#32 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

Well I played it for about an hour or so, I gotta say this game is pretty damn cool. My only complaint is the camera is jacked up at times, but I'm getting used to it. It has been well worth the money.

If you haven't already press start and adjust the camera options...I think it's the second option you can highlight but change it and you should be golden.

#33 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

If you haven't already press start and adjust the camera options...I think it's the second option you can highlight but change it and you should be golden.

Yeah, I played for about 30 seconds the went straight for the camera options

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#34 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:13 AM

Yeah, I played for about 30 seconds the went straight for the camera options

Lol same thing the camera is pretty bad probably on par with ninja gaiden 2.

#35 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

meh bought it for 15 at target LONG ago

Me too. Still have not opened it. By the time I play the game it will be $5 :cry:

#36 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

thanks for all of the input guys, the $20 sounds worth it so I think I'll be making a stop by GS today!

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

For $17-10%+6%, I'll probably have to get a copy. :)

#38 Apathetic-Irony

Apathetic-Irony

Seize the Carp!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

If you use trade in credit at Gamestop they don't tax it. [In some places]

Edited by Apathetic-Irony, 04 October 2009 - 07:58 PM.
Fixed

#39 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Apathetic - that isn't true everywhere. For example, not true here in MD. We pay tax even when using credit.

#40 casual_alcoholic

casual_alcoholic

Amateur Comedian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

Amazon matched, time to use my 10 dollar gift card from Kingdom hearts and pick this up for 15.

#41 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Amazon matched, time to use my 10 dollar gift card from Kingdom hearts and pick this up for 15.

Looks like they did for the PS3 version, but the 360 version is still 39.99. I ordered a PS3 copy for 17.99 out the door using ECA.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#42 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

17.99 used at gamestop

used copy still had old price, but scanned at $17.99 today.
Posted Image

#43 reportcheatings

reportcheatings

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:39 AM

Looks like a good price to me. Posted Image
Chainsaw bayonets are fun.

#44 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

Looks like they did for the PS3 version, but the 360 version is still 39.99. I ordered a PS3 copy for 17.99 out the door using ECA.

That blows. I'd rather buy this game from Amazon instead of Gamestop, but looks like they let me down. :booty:
Posted Image

#45 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

Looks like the PS3 version is now OOS @amazon.com.

#46 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:36 AM

Looks like the PS3 version is now OOS @amazon.com.

It's still there, you just need to click on the 34 new link and Amazon is the first one listed. Although is ships in 2-4 weeks.

#47 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

It's still there, you just need to click on the 34 new link and Amazon is the first one listed. Although is ships in 2-4 weeks.

Shipping in 2-4 weeks is what OOS means. Out Of Stock. They don't have it right now.

#48 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:57 AM

Rented this one weekend
Excellent game, but very short. Even for $20 I would probably still rent it instead
Posted Image

#49 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

Shipping in 2-4 weeks is what OOS means. Out Of Stock. They don't have it right now.

Meh - to me OOS means it's not available at all (like Eternal Sonata)