Wii Fit Plus - Released October 4th

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

I'm not sure what serial multiplayer means, but the game does have a multiplayer element. ... You can take turns playing, ...

Clear winner: Wii Fit Plus

Thanks for the informative write-up.
Serial multiplayer means exactly what you described. You have to take turns rather than playing concurrently.

#32 CL-Insanity

CL-Insanity

Toad -- Pure Gangsta'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

Thanks everyone.... I am going to boot up the old Wii Fit... and Wii Fit Plus will be at the top of my shopping list...
My List: http://www.cheapassg...1&postcount=199

Wii codes:
Wii Friend - 3194-6907-7494-4659 (Daddy)
The Conduit: 3051-5548-9003 (Sir-T)
Mario Kart - 5112-4691-7024
Animal Crossing: 2836-4656-8163
Name: Willie
Town : KoCoZ
Pm ME OR EMAIL me at CL_Insanity@cox.net when you ADD ME!

#33 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

Weird, the guy trainer randomly showed up today to lead the workouts, even though I selected the female when I first started the routines when I got it and haven't switched it since. Any reason why that would happen?

It's only happened to me a couple times that the other trainer will suddenly pop up for a session. It's just a random thing to add some variation.

Thanks for the informative write-up.
Serial multiplayer means exactly what you described. You have to take turns rather than playing concurrently.

Glad I described what you needed!

#34 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

I just read an interesting article on Yahoo (looks like it's geared towards women, but I'm sure the general feel can apply to me!) about how using the treadmill too much can be bad. The article hit the nail on the head for me as far as not seeing results goes, as I haven't seen anything in about 2 months, when before I had seen several pounds every 2 weeks coming off.

#35 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:53 AM

I just read an interesting article on Yahoo (looks like it's geared towards women, but I'm sure the general feel can apply to me!) about how using the treadmill too much can be bad. The article hit the nail on the head for me as far as not seeing results goes, as I haven't seen anything in about 2 months, when before I had seen several pounds every 2 weeks coming off.

Thanks for sharing that. It's pretty informative.

#36 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

I got the dude trainer again today, so needed to back out of my workout session and do that until I got the female. It's kind of annoying.

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

I finally played this today and really like it. Many of the new games are great. I really like the skateboarding and obstacle course. Birds eye bulls eye is funny and fun, though I think that one won't last. Clever though. I also like the targeted routines and the ability to string them together. I agree that it's strange that you can't add aerobic exercises to a completely custom routine, but I'm probably best served by the targeted routines, so it's not too big of a deal and many of the aerobic activities are longer, so the issue of having to select from menus between them isn't as big of a deal.

Crunchewy.png

#38 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

Well I just picked this up during TRU's B2G1. The cashier was doing his normal "Do you want batteries? Do you want to sign up for a credit card?" deal, but when he asked me about the protection plan and I said no, he asked me if I was sure, as the Wii Fit boards have a history of cracking.

Was he just talking out of his ass or is this a valid concern. I had not heard that before about the balance board, but I never really paid attention to any Wii Fit discussion to begin with.

#39 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

Was he just talking out of his ass or is this a valid concern. I had not heard that before about the balance board, but I never really paid attention to any Wii Fit discussion to begin with.

I haven't heard anything about this either. How on earth do you crack the Balance Board? The thing's a rock.

#40 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

Do you weigh less than 300 lbs.? If so, I think you should have no problem. (And you should've thanked the clerk for insulting you...)

#41 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

Haha, yeah; now that it's out of the box, I have no idea how you could crack this thing. I'm only around 185; the cashier looked like he could've been pushing 300 though.

#42 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

Just played/exercised some more today, after a week absence (hard to keep up spirits when unemployed). I started out "warming up" with Snowball Fight and Obstacle Course, two of my new favorite games. Soon, I did another round of the Obstacle Course, some Bird's Eye-Bull's Eye, a Basic Run Plus, and then the Cycling game.

I unlocked advanced modes of several games, as I scored well, beating previous scores.

I was surprised by the little mental test at the end of the Basic Run Plus. I liked following a dog far better than a randomized person, and it said that tomorrow a cat would show me the way.

The cycling game was a good workout for me. I was surprised at how long it took, what with me wandering around trying to find the final flag for a bit. It told me I cycled around 1.5 miles.

I really enjoyed my session today. I think the new games are largely better than the ones in the first title. At the end, it told me I'd lost 4 lbs from last time, which brought a big smile to my face. I have been being more careful about what/when I eat, so I must be doing something right.

#43 Zing

Zing

Witty Remark Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

New favorite: Juggling.

#44 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

My top pick is the Kung-fu exercise, theres just something about it thats just so RIGHT :lol:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#45 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

You aren't suppose to jump up and down on the balance board, so I suppose it could crack if you did that too much. Just don't do that.

Crunchewy.png

#46 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

My fiance and I played again last night, simply using single-player mode and switching between Miis so that our high scores would register. He aced he easily in the juggling game, keeping centered far more easily than I did.

The skateboarding game is fun, but I'm discovering I have no sense of steering once the board is turned sideways. The snowboarding game and skateboarding are so just not my forte. Guess if I ever go skiing, I'll hug the bunny slopes.

Tried Rhythm Kung Fu today. Pretty cute.

#47 MightySlacker

MightySlacker

RANCH! RANCH! RANCH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

The new stuff is all pretty good, though the yoga/strength only custom routines kinda suck, though it's not really a big deal. Most of the new stuff is really fun. Unlocking advanced and expert versions seemed a little too easy though.

Dave
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

#48 CloudStrife

CloudStrife

SOLDIER First Class

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

I just realized that some folks might look at the name Wii Fit Plus and assume it may be for plus-sized people. :)

Hahaha.

I've looked at this game and I have to say it does look pretty promising. I loved the first Wii Fit, though it was good fun.

I guess this'll go on my wish list.
Posted Image

"Stay where you belong: in my memories..."

#49 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

So how is everybody doing on this? After the first 2 weeks of still not losing any lbs, I went back to using the Treadmill as well (30 minutes of Yoga first then I run for 30 minutes, followed by ~20 minutes of strength training later in the day) and it seems to be working well. I feel a lot more energetic, definitely notice I can stretch farther, I've lost a few lbs, and I was able to step up to a faster speed on the treadmill. So overall, I'm pretty pleased with how this has helped, though it wasn't the replacement to running that I had hoped it would be.

#50 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

Congrats for the improvements, Ryu! I don't believe Wii Fit is the end all be all by any means, but I think it may depend on how much excess you have. When I first started Wii Fit, I lost 40 lbs very quickly, combined with a low carb diet. I suppose it was less than 5 months. But again, I was a pretty big girl.

I was delighted the other day to discover that when you do the Obstacle Course under Advanced, you get an entirely different course! I tried it twice and didn't make it through, which delighted me, as it means more to look forward to in future play sessions.

I think the games in Wii Fit Plus are way better than the original, for the most part.

#51 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

Started up Wii Fit this morning, and the balance board greeted me:

"It's been a great year, hasn't it? I hope we stay good friends through the next year."

The use of red font to signify our friendship has me concerned. :-k

#52 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, I got the same message. Too bad the board doesn't know that when the power gets turned off, the board gets shoved under my bed not to be seen until the next day's activities. Hardly a good friend!

I was also surprised to find out that my female workout instructor is a drunk, as she's "overslept" quite a bit lately, and likes to randomly change her hairstyle.