Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/18/09 - 10/24/09)

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hey Prim, does it say if Smackdown will be available Tuesday or Wednesday?

Tuesday

Also, Tekken is the next release to have a gift card deal. Don't know the amount yet.

#62 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

Thank you. That's what I was hoping for.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#63 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by buffalo, 17 October 2009 - 12:32 AM.

#64 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:12 AM

Well thanks for telling us but nothing looks good for me.

#65 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

the b2g1 really made next week's ads look pretty bleak. thanx anyways!
Posted Image

#66 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:41 AM

thanx, you just saved me from looking at TRU ad this sunday!
Posted Image

#67 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Nothing there for me. Thanks anyway, OP!

#68 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:52 AM

Thanks OP for the update. Good deal if they let you get away with a multi-dvd series. I'm going to pass though. SVR 09 got put on clearance pretty quickly at Target, so I'm somewhat expecting the same to happen to 10.
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#69 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

Although Borderlands is a big game for us gamers, IMO publisher 2KGames and especially developer Gearbox are smaller third-party devs (relatively speaking). Thus, there aren't much deals on this game because a lot of costs have to be recouped - especially since the devs decided to take 8-10 months longer to develop the cell-shaded art-style we enjoy. They are taking a big risk with this title... i honestly hope it does well because the premise of the game is awesome (4-player coop, RPG lootfest).

I'm with you Geogerf. I hope it does well. In a weird way, I'm sort of fine that there are no deals on Borderlands (besides GS). Too many mixed reviews from people who have actually played it. Due to the style of play, this has the potential to be a big-time hit or an epic fail of the highest level. I don't think there is a "middle ground" with a game like this. I hope they have worked out a lot of the game's potential problems ahead of time. I'm wishing them the best.

With so many "proven" titles coming out and no demo (which to me is always a warning), I think I'll rent it from BBV on Tuesday and "test it out" before deciding.

Getting "burnt" twice in a 2 week span (on 2 games that didn't have demos) is starting to make me a little more "consumer savvy" than usual.

Edited by Space Cowboy YGI, 18 October 2009 - 02:37 AM.

Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#70 carpwrist

carpwrist

√úbercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:57 AM

disappointing.
I was hoping Borderlands would have some kind of pre-order bonus.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#71 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

Yep Gunstar, new Lips is one mic only. The 2 pack never was officially $30 (clearance price a few places), but yeah much better deal. I waited too long, so I ended up with getting it for $53 with shipping off of eBay.

#72 JoeFlacco4God

JoeFlacco4God

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

Looking through the eligible WWE DVDs now on BB.com, they do have the individual Anthology volumes there, the ones that retail for 50-60$ and have 5 discs. I wasn't going to pick up SvR but given the reviews it is getting + that deal...pretty nice for a wrasslin' fan like myself.

#73 highxflyer

highxflyer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

I'll be waiting for Black Friday sales. The ads for games just keep getting worse.

#74 smcmanus1980

smcmanus1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

That's BS! False advertising... If I add Bakugan for the 360 and a more expensive Wii game to my cart on TRU website, it discounts the Bakugan 360 by 50% and not the Wii game! The ad clearly states that you buy Bakgan and get 50% off of a Wii or DS game. Technically you should be able to buy Bakugan for 360 0r PS3 and get the Beatles Rock Band LE premium bundle for $125 because it mentions the promotion underneath the bundle when you first view it on the website. I realize it is a little crazy to expect them to do this, but even if you pick a $50 Wii game, it will still take the discount from the 360 or PS3 game.

If anyone is able to get this over-ridden in the store for 50% off the Beatles bundle, and then even combine it with the $5 off $25 reward zone coupon, that would be ridiculous!

Edited by smcmanus1980, 18 October 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#75 Shippuden

Shippuden

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

I'll be waiting for Black Friday sales. The ads for games just keep getting worse.

What he said.

Nothing good, but thx for posting it.

#76 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

I'll probably pick up that PSP Gran Turismo bundle. I'd rather have a UMD-based system than a PSP Go.

#77 Kamelot

Kamelot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

Are there any deals anywhere for Borderlands?
-
Posted Image

#78 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

Yep Gunstar, new Lips is one mic only. The 2 pack never was officially $30 (clearance price a few places), but yeah much better deal. I waited too long, so I ended up with getting it for $53 with shipping off of eBay.

Are you sure it's only one mic? The picture on the official hompage shows Number One Hits in a bundle with 2 mics.... http://lips.xbox.com/

#79 Scorpius

Scorpius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:47 AM

Wow, weak week, figured Borderlands would have got something from somewhere, glad I ordered it while TRU had that B1G1.5 deal.

#80 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

Glad I got Lips on clearance @ Target 3 weeks ago for $12.

#81 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

Any kind of disclaimer on the WWE DVD (price limit, etc)?

I'm pretty sure box sets like Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble are going to be very YMMV on if your BB will discount them that low, I doubt most will.

I'll probably be picking up the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD myself, I was interested when it released to see how much the WWE trashes certain people from WCW.

It's a shame I can't just get a TNA DVD for $4.95 instead.
Posted Image Posted Image

#82 Tywon

Tywon

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Okay, I looked on the Best Buy website as well and they have a list of qualifying WWE DVDs. The box sets are listed, including the complete Summerslam Anthology and the Wrestlemania Anthology (which retails for $149.99 and $249 respectively). I hate to ask the obvious, but...is that list entirely correct?

#83 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Wow, if we can get those box sets for $5 after buying the game, this deal is a win.
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#84 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

Wow, if we can get those box sets for $5 after buying the game, this deal is a win.

No kidding! Looks like I am trying for the Summer Slam set, if all else fails I can go back to the original plan of getting the Rise and Fall of WCW.
Posted Image Posted Image

#85 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

I hate to ask the obvious, but...is that list entirely correct?

Sadly, the list is not correct.

Adding the box set does not reduce it down to $5, but adding other WWE DVDs with the "$5 DVD offer" checkmark will reduce it to $5.

If anyone can work around this situation, let me know. ;)

Edited by Perfect*Ending, 19 October 2009 - 10:29 PM.

Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#86 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

Sadly, the list is not correct.

Adding the box set does not reduce it down to $5, but adding other WWE DVDs with the "$5 DVD offer" checkmark will reduce it to $5.

If anyone can work around this situation, let me know. ;)

Tried this and it didn't work, maybe they took it down. However, there are some WWE DVDs that qualify that aren't on that list, mainly the Wrestlemania 25 Blu Ray that I just added. There might be others, but that one is pretty tempting. I just wish I had more credit at BB.

Edit: Just tried pre-orders too and they work! Added the upcoming Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology and it took it down to $4.99.
Posted Image

#87 Hot Dog Water

Hot Dog Water

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:24 AM

Borderlands $52.90 @ Gogamer.com
http://www.gogamer.c...ductId=83914801

Shipping ~ $3 brings it to $55/56ish

edit: xbox 360