Audition Blu-Ray $17.99 at Amazon!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

Audition on Blu-Ray is currently $17.99 at Amazon. I am predicting that the price will shoot up into the $20-range pretty soon, so it's a good idea to order now.

http://www.amazon.co...54808547&sr=8-1

New 1080P High-Definition Transfer From The Negative!

Special features:
Disc One: (Blu-ray)
* Audio Commentary With Director Takashi Miike And Screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
Disc Two: (DVD Standard Definition)
* New Interviews With Cast Members Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi And Ren Osugi
* International Trailers
* Booklet Essay By Author Tom Mes (Agitator: The Cinema Of Takashi Miike)

The new DVD special edition is $19.99, making the Blu-Ray a pretty good deal.

http://www.amazon.co...54808547&sr=8-4

Posted Image

As for the movie, it's one of my all-time favorites. When I saw it theatrically, three people walked out, but I was amazed.
It currently enjoys a 76% approval rating at RottenTomatoes, which is impressive considering what a non-mainstream film this is. The director, Takashi Miike, is responsible for lots of famous Japanese gross-out movies like Ichi The Killer, Fudoh, Visitor Q, and Dead or Alive. However, Audition is a very well-produced, thoughtful, and subdued title. Graphic imagery is used sparingly but to tremendous effect.

Do not read or watch spoilers before viewing!

Edited by eastx, 06 October 2009 - 06:10 AM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

Takashi Miike is the man. Only two more weeks til Ichi the Killer comes out on Blu-ray ($18.99 @ Amazon)

http://www.amazon.co...54821977&sr=8-1

538822.png

#3 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Great Movie
"Evil is Funs"

#4 LeRoy

LeRoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

This movie will mess you up! I own the DVD so I'm gonna pass on the Blu-Ray and I don't know if I could watch it again anyway. Recommended viewing for sure if you think you can handle it.
Posted Image

#5 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

When I saw this a few years back I enjoyed it. I picked up the latest DVD edition when that came out, but I don't think I even opened it yet. I just haven't had to urge to watch it again.

I remember the PQ of the DVD being fairly poor (very dark and gritty). I'm curious if this was how Miike wanted it, or if it was a terible transfer. Curious as to how this one will look.

#6 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

I love this movie, I already have the DVD though.

#7 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:26 PM

Excellent flick, very nice price thanks.

#8 sirhansirhan

sirhansirhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

When I saw this a few years back I enjoyed it. I picked up the latest DVD edition when that came out, but I don't think I even opened it yet. I just haven't had to urge to watch it again.

I remember the PQ of the DVD being fairly poor (very dark and gritty). I'm curious if this was how Miike wanted it, or if it was a terible transfer. Curious as to how this one will look.

I'm not sure about Audition specifically, but the vast majority of Miike's films were shot on video, so there's not much they can do with the image quality. I went ahead and ordered Audition for the new special features (Miike commentary on more than just selected scenes!), but, by contrast, as far as I can tell the upcoming Ichi the Killer blu-ray will have nothing over the regular blu-ray.

#9 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

Takashi Miike is the man.

If you pretend Izo doesn't exist.

#10 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:06 AM

If you pretend Izo doesn't exist.

No one's perfect. Especially if he had any say in hiring Billy Drago to be the main character in "Imprint" (Drago's terrible acting ruined Imprint)

538822.png

#11 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:09 AM

Izo doesn't count as just being a one time thing. It was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. I set my copy on fire. I just couldn't stand having it near me.

#12 LeRoy

LeRoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:19 AM

Izo doesn't count as just being a one time thing. It was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. I set my copy on fire. I just couldn't stand having it near me.

Damn! I own Izo and have never seen it, I lent it to a friend once and he said he liked it but that it was weird. I guess I'll have to check it out one of these days.
Posted Image

#13 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:33 AM

It's nice to see them putting the Japanese movies on Blu-Ray. I bought Shiniobi (even though I think it's Korean, correct me if I'm wrong), but It was great quality.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#14 postulio

postulio

member since 2004

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

ITT: otaku Americans talking about shitty movies at not-a-deal prices.

#15 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

ITT: otaku Americans talking about shitty movies at not-a-deal prices.

How about people who post inane responses and contribute nothing?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#16 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

while i cant remember exactly what the movie was about, i still get this o-sh!t expression when i see the title, movie was crazy bad ass. its on my good movie list. but I can't justify buying a movie i've seen with all the games coming out. one day though, one day

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#17 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

This movie was fucked up. That is all.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.