Audition Blu-Ray $17.99 at Amazon!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Audition on Blu-Ray is currently $17.99 at Amazon. I am predicting that the price will shoot up into the $20-range pretty soon, so it's a good idea to order now.

http://www.amazon.com/Audition-Coll...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254808547&sr=8-1

New 1080P High-Definition Transfer From The Negative!

Special features:
Disc One: (Blu-ray)
* Audio Commentary With Director Takashi Miike And Screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
Disc Two: (DVD Standard Definition)
* New Interviews With Cast Members Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi And Ren Osugi
* International Trailers
* Booklet Essay By Author Tom Mes (Agitator: The Cinema Of Takashi Miike)

The new DVD special edition is $19.99, making the Blu-Ray a pretty good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Audition-Coll...ef=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254808547&sr=8-4

audition_website.jpg

As for the movie, it's one of my all-time favorites. When I saw it theatrically, three people walked out, but I was amazed.
It currently enjoys a 76% approval rating at RottenTomatoes, which is impressive considering what a non-mainstream film this is. The director, Takashi Miike, is responsible for lots of famous Japanese gross-out movies like Ichi The Killer, Fudoh, Visitor Q, and Dead or Alive. However, Audition is a very well-produced, thoughtful, and subdued title. Graphic imagery is used sparingly but to tremendous effect.

Do not read or watch spoilers before viewing!

Last edited by a moderator:
This movie will mess you up! I own the DVD so I'm gonna pass on the Blu-Ray and I don't know if I could watch it again anyway. Recommended viewing for sure if you think you can handle it.

I saw it a few years back and really enjoyed it. I picked up the latest DVD edition when that came out, and I'm pretty sure I haven't even opened it yet. I thought I was going to watch it again, but I just haven't had that urge.

When I saw this a few years back I enjoyed it. I picked up the latest DVD edition when that came out, but I don't think I even opened it yet. I just haven't had to urge to watch it again.

I remember the PQ of the DVD being fairly poor (very dark and gritty). I'm curious if this was how Miike wanted it, or if it was a terible transfer. Curious as to how this one will look.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']When I saw this a few years back I enjoyed it. I picked up the latest DVD edition when that came out, but I don't think I even opened it yet. I just haven't had to urge to watch it again.

I remember the PQ of the DVD being fairly poor (very dark and gritty). I'm curious if this was how Miike wanted it, or if it was a terible transfer. Curious as to how this one will look.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Audition specifically, but the vast majority of Miike's films were shot on video, so there's not much they can do with the image quality. I went ahead and ordered Audition for the new special features (Miike commentary on more than just selected scenes!), but, by contrast, as far as I can tell the upcoming Ichi the Killer blu-ray will have nothing over the regular blu-ray.

[quote name='whoknows']If you pretend Izo doesn't exist.[/QUOTE]

No one's perfect. Especially if he had any say in hiring Billy Drago to be the main character in "Imprint" (Drago's terrible acting ruined Imprint)

Izo doesn't count as just being a one time thing. It was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. I set my copy on fire. I just couldn't stand having it near me.

[quote name='whoknows']Izo doesn't count as just being a one time thing. It was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. I set my copy on fire. I just couldn't stand having it near me.[/QUOTE]

Damn! I own Izo and have never seen it, I lent it to a friend once and he said he liked it but that it was weird. I guess I'll have to check it out one of these days.

It's nice to see them putting the Japanese movies on Blu-Ray. I bought Shiniobi (even though I think it's Korean, correct me if I'm wrong), but It was great quality.

[quote name='postulio']ITT: otaku Americans talking about shitty movies at not-a-deal prices.[/QUOTE]

How about people who post inane responses and contribute nothing?

while i cant remember exactly what the movie was about, i still get this o-sh!t expression when i see the title, movie was crazy bad ass. its on my good movie list. but I can't justify buying a movie i've seen with all the games coming out. one day though, one day

bread's done
Back