Halo Wars, Godfather II $20 Each (USED) at GameFly

I can get Halo Wars for $18.99 since I'm a member... and I'm still hesitant. I just don't know. I'll probably just buy it though.

I would like to hear some opinions of Godfather 2 as well. I loved the first one on the Wii and I'm looking at the PS3 one, but I heard some bad things about it.

Shame because I was excited about this game...

[quote name='AceSXE']Anyone comment on godfather 2? Better than the first? Good? Anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GreatDoink']I would like to hear some opinions of Godfather 2 as well. I loved the first one on the Wii and I'm looking at the PS3 one, but I heard some bad things about it.

Shame because I was excited about this game...[/QUOTE]

It's not without its flaws, that's for sure. I know I'm in the minority on this one probably, but I really enjoyed it. Yeah, it's still a weak-ish GTA clone but for some reason I had a lot of fun with it, there are some things it does really well.

Also, it's a fairly easy 1000/1000 if that sort of thing helps.

Wow... at that price I'll definitely pick up Halo Wars! With my $5 GF rewards and my 10% off membership bonus with tax factored in, I'm paying $13.90. NOT BAD!

[quote name='AceSXE']Anyone comment on godfather 2? Better than the first? Good? Anything.[/QUOTE]

Different from the first -- it's definitely good though. I think it's worth it. I really, really enjoyed both Godfather games.

This is a great deal! I'm also going to note that Amazon has Halo Wars for $30.49 (not including the ECA discount) if you want it new.

I have this game, but really I just wanted to say I don't understand the gamefly hate. Everything has been fine and dandy for me and I've ordered tons of those 9.99-14.99 titles over the years.

[quote name='Chlorox']I had no issue with my copy of dead rising I received from gamefly, immaculate condition.[/QUOTE]

Yes I got my Dead Rising is great condition too outside of the chuck of dried food on the logo side of the disk. But part of that great condition is probably due to the fact that hardly anyone rented this bad port.

Ditto but I'm not a RTS fan but I'm a Halo fan so I'm on the fence. Worth $20 or wait till it goes down a little more ...

Good find, if you're looking to buy this go for it, pretty decent RTS and gamefly games always come with perfect cases, manual and the disc in amazing condition. I just ordered Prince of persia a few weeks back from GameFly and it came in near perfect condition.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Good find, if you're looking to buy this go for it, pretty decent RTS and gamefly games always come with perfect cases, manual and the disc in amazing condition. I just ordered Prince of persia a few weeks back from GameFly and it came in near perfect condition.[/QUOTE]
I also order PoP and other games from GameFly, and they came in perfect condition.

if you have a problem with a gamefly game they will refund you completely.

I ordered a ps3 game from them which was perfect, except it had a tiny tiny tiny crack. It ran perfectly fine, but it just bothered me.

I emailed them and they completely refunded my credit card the next day, even thought it took me about t a week to send it back.

[quote name='Izod517']Weird most people say the exact opposite Destro.[/QUOTE]

Some of mine have been new-like, some have been pretty shitty.

I've picked up at least a dozen games from them and I've never had a problem with a single one. That's a really good deal on Halo Wars and if I didn't just pick it up a few weeks ago I would have jumped on it.

Out of all the Halo games that I've played I liked the story the best in Halo Wars. $20 is a good price if you like RTS style games. The lack of any good DLC is disheartening though.

I love this game, you can't go wrong with purchasing it. it is the most solid console rts in terms of finding the middle line between complexity and fun.

I'm tempted I've only ordered twice and once it was messed up. Warriors Orichi 2 sound effects wouldn't play and wouldn't install to the hd. Only time I've had a disc error like that, usually skip or don't work. Other was near perfect wolverine origins.

My main problem with ordering this game is that I'm just going to compare it to Starcraft when I play it and that's not gonna be good for Halo Wars.

As far as Gamefly goes, I've ordered a bunch of games from them and while the cases/instructions are mint and complete, the games themselves are often moderately scratched.

[quote name='Demontooth']Some of mine have been new-like, some have been pretty shitty.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what you can expect from GameFly. It all depends on who got their hands on that particular copy before you. But I have never gotten a game from GF that doesn't work, and that's after renting and buying about 60 games from them. And as someone else mentioned, if they do send you a complete dud, they are pretty good about it resolving the issue. Or, at least, that is what I have heard.

Is the shipping actually free (like the OP says) e.g. for non-members such as myself?
edit: yes it is. I guess the question now is whether or not I will have time to play this.

i enjoyed the heck out of the game for probably 4 months after launch with a buddy online. Worth it for a console RTS IMHO

i never played the 1st, but i do enjoy the 2nd one. The graphic is horrible, the nudes are pretty much same (no bigger boobs?). Curse a lot too, stupid meaning mumbles... The idea of building your own empire is very slick and i love to kill the made men from the rival families, quite addictive concept.

The first one is better, the 2nd is crap IMO

Gamefly is ok. I bought POP and Far Cry 2 from them I think 3 weeks ago and the games boxes looked like they were new. The games had minimal scratches and works fine.

I played Godfather 1 on my PS2 and I really liked it. I'm buying the 2nd one. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back