NBA 2K5 League: Where we're always behind in the OP

craven_fiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
CAG League Homepage

News and Headlines:
We have a few people interested in throwing in $10 into a pot for the season winner and the league champion(playoffs). Let me know, either by a post in here or a pm, if you are at all interested.

This weeks matchups:

Team Owners:

Boston Celtics - jlarlee - (jlarlee)
Dallas Mavericks -Tigerwun- (ChrisStrife)
Detroit Pistons - Matt Young (Matt Young)
Houston Rockets - gomer1andonly - (GomerV1)L
Indiana Pacers - SteveMcQ - (MSBphilin)
Los Angelos Lakers - Hot Sizzle - (Militant Mind)
Memphis Grizzlies - RandyTsai - (RadyTsai V2)
New York Knicks- RichD1 - (RichD1)
Phoenix Suns - craven_fiend - (craven fiend)
Sacramento Kings - maxflight - (maxflight)
San Antonio Spurs - Mistik - (Hoarske)
Seattle Super Sonics = magilacudy - (HoEDaDdY)

Ok new rule, 2 strikes when it comes to games. You don't play 1 week and I am not informed or anything, you'll get warned. If it happens again, you're gone. I know we've been good about this, but just thought I'd give a heads up to everyone. Now have fun and hopefully we'll get this show back on track.

Ok heres the list of teams who have been spoken for, for the next season:
T Wolves- Matt/Max (whomever wins a head to head game with the Twolves)
Heat/Sun- craven_fiend (depending on which teams style i want to use)
Rockets- Gomer
Celtics- Larlee
Cavaliers- rich
Bulls-Randy
Pacers- Steve

[quote name='maxflight']I'm interested in the league, where can I sign up? and what difficulty are the games going to be in[/quote]

its set on pro, i can lower it if need be, but no raising. let me know what team you want, and i'lll pm you the league info and how to join.

I want in, I'll take the Rockets, please try to get only people who will play thier games though, we've had so many team changes in the NHL league.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I want in, I'll take the Rockets, please try to get only people who will play thier games though, we've had so many team changes in the NHL league.[/quote]

will do man. i'll pm you league info in a few and update the OP as well.

[quote name='maxflight']also, can we up the difficulty to hall of fame or something[/quote]

if i had played the game much if any, then probably, but since i haven't it'll stay at pro for now. is that cool with you? sorry if it isn't. =|

I am not Bettman, thats for sure.

Edit: edited to the right name for the hockey guy.

[quote name='Derwood43']I might be interested. When will the games be played, how long is the league, etc.?[/quote]

games will be played on the weekend. they league is kind of short...i think its like only 16 games not for sure though.

atleast 3 more teams are need for this to get underway. possibly 5, but 3 for sure. so if you are interested, pm me and let me know. and for DoubleDown and RichD1, please sign up asap, so you don't lose your spots to CAGs that are eagerly waiting to join.

bump before i go to work.

we need 2 more teams to get this going. i hope to have this up shortly after those 2 teams join. pm me if you want to join or for those in, pm me if you have a friend that wants to join.

[quote name='jlarlee']First game is in the books I edged out MSB. He caught Pierce on an extremely hot shooting game 13 out of 17[/quote]
jarlee OWNED me a week or so ago, but im going to get u this time :)

if possible, let me know when your games have been played. and to rich, give me a time and i'll see what i can do, no late night mon-fri, as i work 3rds

[quote name='jlarlee']Mine and mSB's game is done and the SAcremento and Lakers games seems to be done as well[/quote]

alright, i remember you saying something about playing him, so 2 of the 6 are done, thats good for the 1st day

[quote name='jlarlee']First game is in the books I edged out MSB. He caught Pierce on an extremely hot shooting game 13 out of 17[/quote]

Haha...edged. Sure, sure. Second half and no one could stop Pierce.

BTW, are the rosters set now or will we be able to update the league's rosters? I was under the impression that Stephen Jackson would be available in my lineup. I'll still put up a bit of a fight with this roster, but it'd be nice to have him on the defensive end.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Miztic and I have planned for Friday night, just so theres no worry about us getting our game in.[/quote]

we had originally agreed to get the games played during the saturday-monday time slot. so next weekend, you need to get 2 games in. i want to be able to get this to where play on the weekend for sure and if we can catch others online, then play that way through the week.

[quote name='RichD1']You're going down craven! I've got 2 entire games under my belt already![/quote]

i may be able to play a game tomorrow evening man. it'll be 8:30ish. if not then maybe one of these mornings will work

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='gomer1andonly']Miztic and I have planned for Friday night, just so theres no worry about us getting our game in.[/quote]

we had originally agreed to get the games played during the saturday-monday time slot. so next weekend, you need to get 2 games in. i want to be able to get this to where play on the weekend for sure and if we can catch others online, then play that way through the week.[/quote]

So wait.....whats up with the play by next Saturday thing in the OP? Thats what is the great thing about these leagues....you have quite a few days to get it in. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd get the game in tommorow. Miztic can't unless its Tuesday or Friday and I made dinner plans with my g/f for Tuesday so thats out of the picture so I agreed for Friday and made sure to let everyone at least know that we weren't ditching our game. I dont want to sound mad but its kinda wrong to try to impliment a 3 day time frame for a league where you have a week or so to get the games in.

[quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='gomer1andonly']Miztic and I have planned for Friday night, just so theres no worry about us getting our game in.[/quote]

we had originally agreed to get the games played during the saturday-monday time slot. so next weekend, you need to get 2 games in. i want to be able to get this to where play on the weekend for sure and if we can catch others online, then play that way through the week.[/quote]

So wait.....whats up with the play by next Saturday thing in the OP? Thats what is the great thing about these leagues....you have quite a few days to get it in. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd get the game in tommorow. Miztic can't unless its Tuesday or Friday and I made dinner plans with my g/f for Tuesday so thats out of the picture so I agreed for Friday and made sure to let everyone at least know that we weren't ditching our game. I dont want to sound mad but its kinda wrong to try to impliment a 3 day time frame for a league where you have a week or so to get the games in.[/quote]

not to be rude, but i don't want this league to crawl either, i understand that people have lives outside of x box live and all, so as long as there is a reasonable excuse, its all good. Its been posted in the first thread i made, that people had agreed on sat-mon, since it just made since.

so not to make things complicated, but i just want this league to move kind of quickly, i don't want to be still in this league in april. no hard feelings, alright?

i just figured with the weekend, people could find a half an hour, my bad. good luck to you though.

added a poll to the thread. please leave your responses in the thread as well, b/c i am sure so jackasses will respond to the poll as well.

so answer the question in the poll as well as in a post.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='gomer1andonly']Miztic and I have planned for Friday night, just so theres no worry about us getting our game in.[/quote]

So wait.....whats up with the play by next Saturday thing in the OP? Thats what is the great thing about these leagues....you have quite a few days to get it in. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd get the game in tommorow. Miztic can't unless its Tuesday or Friday and I made dinner plans with my g/f for Tuesday so thats out of the picture so I agreed for Friday and made sure to let everyone at least know that we weren't ditching our game. I dont want to sound mad but its kinda wrong to try to impliment a 3 day time frame for a league where you have a week or so to get the games in.[/quote]

not to be rude, but i don't want this league to crawl either, i understand that people have lives outside of x box live and all, so as long as there is a reasonable excuse, its all good. Its been posted in the first thread i made, that people had agreed on sat-mon, since it just made since.

so not to make things complicated, but i just want this league to move kind of quickly, i don't want to be still in this league in april. no hard feelings, alright?

i just figured with the weekend, people could find a half an hour, my bad. good luck to you though.[/quote]

Of course no hard feelings, just kinda seemed like I was getting attacked for not getting the games in by Monday which isnt the deadline. Hell, I posted about our game being Friday thinking it was a good thing to tell everyone it's gonna be later in the week rather than keep everyone guessing. I know what you mean about the league not crawling but even April is kinda quick to have the league finished. I know the CAG NHL 2k5 league has been going on for quite some time and its not even half way done (we're in week 12, its been going since late October). I just dont want anyone to be singled out for possibly being out of town for a weekend or something, thats why the leagues give enough time between weeks. Thanks for hearin me out man. BTW, I would vote on the poll but you know I feel the whole week should be best time, not one or the other.

Uh yea, sorry about that. I was out all day yesterday and I'll be out all day today too. I have tests on Tuesday Thursday and Friday and didn't know whether I would have time for the game or not. I didn't know about the 3 day deadline or anything. I might be able to get a game going Wednesday if you want it played sooner.

Edit: Yes, I agree with Gomer in that the whole week would be better for me since I might be busy at different times on a different weeks.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1']You're going down craven! I've got 2 entire games under my belt already![/quote]

i may be able to play a game tomorrow evening man. it'll be 8:30ish. if not then maybe one of these mornings will work[/quote]

I normally sleep until 1-2....so don't expect me to play any mornings.. :p

I'd prefer to play on the weekends because my class and work schedule is all over the place. Hopefully Double Down can play later today.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1']You're going down craven! I've got 2 entire games under my belt already![/quote]

i may be able to play a game tomorrow evening man. it'll be 8:30ish. if not then maybe one of these mornings will work[/quote]

I normally sleep until 1-2....so don't expect me to play any mornings.. :p[/quote]

just saying monrnings, b/c i see you on occassionally then anyways, but just let me know, i can do 4-6ish mon-fri

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1']You're going down craven! I've got 2 entire games under my belt already![/quote]

I normally sleep until 1-2....so don't expect me to play any mornings.. :p[/quote]

just saying monrnings, b/c i see you on occassionally then anyways, but just let me know, i can do 4-6ish mon-fri[/quote]

Just give me a day. (Except mondays) Can ya play now?

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1']You're going down craven! I've got 2 entire games under my belt already![/quote]

just saying monrnings, b/c i see you on occassionally then anyways, but just let me know, i can do 4-6ish mon-fri[/quote]

Just give me a day. (Except mondays) Can ya play now?[/quote]

i'm on halo 2, i need a few days to practice. how is tuesday afternoon?

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1'][quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1']You're going down craven! I've got 2 entire games under my belt already![/quote]

Just give me a day. (Except mondays) Can ya play now?[/quote]

i'm on halo 2, i need a few days to practice. how is tuesday afternoon?[/quote]

I've played 3 games total, and you need practice. :lol:

Tuesday is fine.

bread's done
Back