Free 1 Month and 3 Month Amazon Prime Memberships

the_grimace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
UPDATE 2: Alternative Free method for 3 months posted. I didnt have trouble with the original link, but others are confirming its only for 1 month, even though somehow i got 3 months through it. Regardless, here's how to get 3 months.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/signup/textbooks.html1.

1. Click the link with a new account or an existing account that has never used Amazon Prime before
2. Add any Eligible Textbooks to to your cart (beleive it must be a book over $100)
3. Proceed to checkout and choose "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a Free Trial of Amazon Prime" option;
4. Activate Amazon Prime without placing the order.
5. As always, make sure to cancel your Amazon Prime membership before the trial's end to avoid being billed. (instructions below on how to cancel)

Additional Help from Geogerf (thank you!)

1. Click the button that says "shop for eligible books"..
2. Put that first business/accounting book in your cart (its like $175)
3. Proceed to checkout
4. Upgrade your account *do not confirm order*
5. Go back to your cart (easiest just by going back to amazon.com, or by pushing back on the browser)
6. Delete said book

----------------------

UPDATE: Apparently for other users it only says its a 1 Month Free membership. I can't remember what the page said when i signed up, but I'm positive that's the link i used, and I'm positive I now have a 3 month Free Trial.

amazon3monthproof.jpg

Had a free 3 month prime membership last year, and it was awesome. Free 2 day shipping and release date delivery on anything. It may not seem like much, but your stuff never takes more then 2 days to get to your door, and considering all shipping is FREE, you really save a lot of money, or for those that choose FSSS, lots of time.

Unfortunately, my membership ran out, and considering how the holidays are coming up, i was looking to see if I could get a free trial again. I found the link i used over a year ago, still in my bookmarks, and after a little experimenting, i found that by creating a new amazon account, I was able to sign up for the free 3 month trial again!!!

This will work for any existing or new members that HAVE NOT used Amazon Prime before in the past. If you are an existing member who has used it like me, and want another free trial, simply create a new account using a different email address during signup. Then click the link when logged into your new account!

The only requirements for this to work are the following:

- Amazon account that has never used Amazon Prime before
- Valid Credit Card number. (no fee, and very easy to cancel through account options right on the website)

Here's the link, enjoy!:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primec....html?tag=jpin

CANCELING AMAZON PRIME

Do avoid being billed at the end of the trial, remember to take the following steps the last month of your trial (don't worry about times, Amazon will show the time your trial ends right there. Just keep watch on it and make sure to cancel before the end of the trial. As simple as that):

1. Click on Your Account.
  2. If you’re not there yet, scroll down and on Settings > Manage Your Amazon Prime Membership.
  3. Look for green text. Click on the Do Not Upgrade button and you won’t automatically be charged $79.
  4. Performing these actions the first or second month MAY (not sure yet, better safe then sorry i say) stop service at that month. To be safe, simply cancel the last month of the trial. (I did it like 1 week before the trial ended.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Its only saying 1 month for me.[/QUOTE]

He didn't mention that you need to add a textbook to your cart. I believe it's only valid for another 4-5 days or so.

like i said, i made a new account, and it says right in my account now "trial expires Jan 11, 2010"

It gave me 3 months.

Try making a new account or something. that's what i did.

[quote name='Nirron']He didn't mention that you need to add a textbook to your cart. I believe it's only valid for another 4-5 days or so.[/QUOTE]

no, this is different then that offer. It should be absolutely no strings attached.

Wish I could do this, but I tried the trial in the past, and I paid for release date shipping on my
L4D2
MW2: PE
Halo ODST
etc.

If I could, it would give me back $6 in gc at least.

Interesting. Just tried it myself by signing out of my account and looking at that page it did indeed say 1 month.

And if anyone gets this working, very nice. I ordered like $5 worth of books of quotations that I wanted anyway to get the 3-month trial. If anyone can't get yours to work though, the textbook thing is still in effect until the 15th or so I believe.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its only saying 1 month for me.[/QUOTE]Here's an easy fix for your problem.

Count each day as three days.

Bam, you've got a 3-month membership.

[quote name='Nirron']Interesting. Just tried it myself by signing out of my account and looking at that page it did indeed say 1 month.[/QUOTE]

hmm, someone else needs to try to make a new account and use the link while signed into the new account.

can someone sign up for it and let me know what happens? Perhaps it says 1 month in the beginning, but actually gives you 3 months. Im positive that's the link i used, and i got a 3 month out of it.

Quick question: Can you share your trial period with multiple accounts like you can with a normal Prime account?

My buddy shares and splits his with 4 people. The rule says it has to be in the same household but Amazon has no one of knowing really, you can ship to anywhere and say its gifts.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Quick question: Can you share your trial period with multiple accounts like you can with a normal Prime account?

My buddy shares and splits his with 4 people. The rule says it has to be in the same household but Amazon has no one of knowing really, you can ship to anywhere and say its gifts.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can share the trial. I had a friend pay me a few bucks (he wasn't that good a friend :p) and I shared my trial with him. Funny you mention the Prime sharing thing...been thinking of trying to round up some CAGs for that myself, though I dunno if it'd be kosher or not.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Quick question: Can you share your trial period with multiple accounts like you can with a normal Prime account?

My buddy shares and splits his with 4 people. The rule says it has to be in the same household but Amazon has no one of knowing really, you can ship to anywhere and say its gifts.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can invite up to 5 others provided you share a household. So the addresses on the accounts have to be the same I think (and you also have to answer a security question about the birthdays on the accounts). I signed my gf up a week or two ago and sent over a month of Prime to my account.

[quote name='Moravagine']Yes, you can invite up to 5 others provided you share a household. So the addresses on the accounts have to be the same I think (and you also have to answer a security question about the birthdays on the accounts). I signed my gf up a week or two ago and sent over a month of Prime to my account.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn it was only 4 others.

I signed up for this last year (adding textbook, sign up, do not need to check out) so I made a new account this year and did the exact same thing about a week ago. I have 3 months of Prime...I went ahead and invited 'myself' so that way I can use the giftcards/credits on my other acct. Works just fine.

[quote name='super_dawn']I signed up for this last year (adding textbook, sign up, do not need to check out) so I made a new account this year and did the exact same thing about a week ago. I have 3 months of Prime...I went ahead and invited 'myself' so that way I can use the giftcards/credits on my other acct. Works just fine.[/QUOTE]

My mistake. It is 4. I just looked quickly and thought it was still saying I had 4 MORE (I already gave one away).

Just did it, got back $5.98 in GC for my release day shipping for my MW2 Prestige order :D

Only game I'm not getting release day atm is my GTA Episodes disc, but 2 days isnt bad either! :D

Btw, it IS only 4 people, but thats fine, that means a total of 5 in a household can have it.

$80/5 = $16 a person. $16 for amazon prime for a year? SWEET

Alright, made a new account, signed up for the trail, turned off auto upgrade, invited my self, and now all my Preorders have 2 day shipping :D

Would do release day, but Mario comes out on a Sunday, and they aren't offering it on Zelda just yet.

Do you need:
1 - Different mailing address?
2 - Different credit / debit card?

I actually made an account for my sister a while ago, and I think I didn't get Prime because the address was already on file (on my account, which had already used Prime).

I would love Prime for their awesome Black Friday deals!

[quote name='Drkirby']Alright, made a new account, signed up for the trail, turned off auto upgrade, invited my self, and now all my Preorders have 2 day shipping :D

Would do release day, but Mario comes out on a Sunday, and they aren't offering it on Zelda just yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you already sign up for a free trial of prime previously? I had a month of Prime back in August and when I created a new account for the three month trial I couldn't invite myself. I assume it's because that account has already trialed Prime.

[quote name='sergioalb64']Do you need:
1 - Different mailing address?
2 - Different credit / debit card?

I actually made an account for my sister a while ago, and I think I didn't get Prime because the address was already on file (on my account, which had already used Prime).

I would love Prime for their awesome Black Friday deals![/QUOTE]
Address is no (Nor is name or birthdate, I have the same name, address, and birthdate for both, and it didn't give any error.)

I can't say about Credit Card for sure, but the credit card I used is one the I used with my normal account, so even the same card may be ok.

Woot, I had forgotten about this, but I got my free membership just in time for free release date delivery on brutal legend! Dragon Age is also being released during my trial month, but no free release date delivery. Oh well, free two day is just as good.

So, i pre-ordered New Super Mario Bros Wii with two-day shipping, but it doesn't come out until Nov 15th (My free trial ends on the 11th).

If a game you pre-order comes out after your Amazon Prime Trial ends, do you still get free shipping?

I believe it remains free Sivraj. I have a long list of pre-orders I placed during my trial, which has since ended. All of them however still say "Amazon Prime: Two-Day Shipping is free" in the description and my shipping costs on the totals are 0.00

has anybody confirmed if this is 3 months, or only one month?

Like i said, i created a new account, clicked the link, and now i have a 3 month trial. Other users are saying its only 1 month though, but no one has actually said its 1 month of whom has actually signed up. Let me know so i can update the OP

I signed up a few weeks ago when I pre-ordered Uncharted 2, and I was able to get the three month trial. But the link I used was different, I believe I had to place an order for a text book, and once the text book was in my cart, I could sign up for the free trial of amazon prime and it was a 3 month trial. After I signed up, I just removed the text book from my cart and didn't place the order.

I did this over the summer but didn't go the text book route and was only able to get 1 month out of it. I believe the text book route is the only way to get the 3 month trial (if it's still active, I did this probably at the end of september).

Hope that helps!

[quote name='Manoleke']what about the eca codes i already got pre orders with codes?[/QUOTE]
Wrong thread noob.

How does that have anything to do with the Amazon Prime membership? Try posting that questions in this thread

No one else finds this extremely dishonest? Amazon has been pretty good to us with prices, discounts and shipping so I dont feel comfortable abusing this promotion by pretending im going to order a text book and then canceling it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']No one else finds this extremely dishonest? Amazon has been pretty good to us with prices, discounts and shipping so I dont feel comfortable abusing this promotion by pretending im going to order a text book and then canceling it.[/QUOTE]

you dont need to even complete checkout to activate prime.

[quote name='the_grimace']you dont need to even complete checkout to activate prime.[/QUOTE]

Correct, all you have to do is add it to your cart. There is no need to actually place an order to receive a free trial of amazon prime.

[quote name='MSI Magus']No one else finds this extremely dishonest? Amazon has been pretty good to us with prices, discounts and shipping so I dont feel comfortable abusing this promotion by pretending im going to order a text book and then canceling it.[/QUOTE]

You could always order a really cheap book. Any of the Dover Thrift books are eligible and run anywhere from $1-$3, so it's not quite breaking the bank. I guess you could consider it a small investment. I've got a post somewhere in this thread about how I bought two books of quotes (one consists of Oscar Wilde quotes, such a witty guy) and it cost me $5 total.

Actually to quote Amazon..

"Add any eligible textbook to your cart to sign up"

It doesn't say that you have to purchase the item. I think they would know the difference about making you buy the item or just add it to your cart.

[quote name='safire']Really want a 3 month trial to cover Black Friday, but I may bite anyway.[/QUOTE]

use the alternative method posted under update 2

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Actually to quote Amazon..

"Add any eligible textbook to your cart to sign up"

It doesn't say that you have to purchase the item. I think they would know the difference about making you buy the item or just add it to your cart.[/QUOTE]
worked me for me guys. wish I would have done this before my other item shipped out. got my 3 months. you guys better bite before they catch this. Now I will give 90% of my business with Amazon for the holidays!

So if you click do not upgrade, it will stop the service right away? Also, is that what you press to cancel it?

This is a good deal, seeing as I needed a book for school.

[quote name='blkjckss']I can't get it to work for three months.[/QUOTE]

click the button that says "shop for eligible books"..

put that first business/accounting book in your cart (its like $175)
proceed to checkout
upgrade your account *do not confirm order*
go back to your cart (easiest just by going back to amazon.com, or by pushing back on the browser)
delete said book

worked for me, followed geoff's steps along with setting up a brand new amazon account. Have 3 month trial, already removed the auto-upgrade step. Holiday spree shopping, here I come!

Now, I am a little used to my regular amazon account. I wonder if I would 'taint' my prime by adding my regular amazon account as a family member to my 'new' prime account.

bread's done
Back