Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360) 10/13/09 Amazon Lightning Deal 12PM ET - $29.99

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

Appears on today's DotD page.
"Slash, Slice, and stab your way through this Xbox 360 game"

$29.99 after Gold Box discount.

Edited by shrike4242, 13 October 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#2 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

Damn, they will all be gone by the time I get up. No deal is worth losing sleep over.

Third shifter.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#3 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

I'm sold on a good deal if you're right. Hopefully it's Wolverine. I bought it recently on eBay for $30 "new", received the game 5 weeks later. It was a burned copy from a member residing in Canada, but the game was shipped from Tokyo. Not eBaying anytime soon... :end eBay horror story rant:

Ever since then I've been waiting on a good deal on the game.

#4 flatliner718

flatliner718

The Outlaw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:50 AM

hey cheapy you should put PDT in the topic header for californians who will think they'll have time on they're hands when they wake up. Just saying, heh.

#5 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

With as many good things said about this game on the CAG cast I would pick it up for ~$20
Here's hoping my stack gets bigger!
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#6 Medium_Pimpin

Medium_Pimpin

Dead broke, but Hood Rich

• CAGiversary!

Amazon.com Product Description
X-Men Origins: Wolverine will have you on the edge of seat as you slash, slice, and stab your way through level after level of intense, epic gameplay.

I would say that settles it, the only ? left is the price.
Go back to bed america, your govt. has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed america, your govt. is in control again. Here is american gladiators, go back to bed america. Here is 56 channels of American Gladiators, watch these pituitary retards bang their ****ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. YOU ARE FREE TO DO AS WE TELL YOU.

#7 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

According to the ticker on my page it will be 11am CDT. So that would make it 9am PDT.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#8 weevles

weevles

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

Thanks Cheapy! I'm hoping you're right, but the last time they had a good VG Lightning deal (Wet for PS3), it sold out pretty much immediately!

Going to try really hard, but not going to hold my breath. Wolverine has been holding it's value really well, too so I'm wondering if it's going to be a $29-$39 deal?

#9 Ninja300x

Ninja300x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

It was $37.98 as a lightning deal on Sept 26th too, so im guessing same price or slightly cheaper?

#10 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

As someone who finished the game I have to say that this game really isn't worth more than 20. No ps3 anyways :D

Either way, thanks Cheapy for the heads up

#11 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

Those god damn ECA codes better be up today.

Edit: Might as well say this now, if Wolverine takes a hit lower than $25, you do NOT need filler for free shipping.

Edited by Skoad, 13 October 2009 - 10:29 AM.
I think most people know this by now... but just in case...

#12 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:14 AM

Amazon needs to fix the lightning deals time. It says it starts at 9pm PDT which would be 12AM EDT (midnight).
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#13 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

As someone who finished the game I have to say that this game really is worth $20 or more.
Posted Image

#14 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

If its $20, I'm in.

#15 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

If its $20, I'm in.

same here.
I was froze today!

#16 jjz203

jjz203

$19.99 or le$$ plea$e!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

Here's hoping for the same deal as Wet last week! It's $46.99 currently so if it's $19.99 for the lightning deal price, that would essentially make it $15.29 w/free ship after eca (like Wet last week)? Good thing I have like 5 eca codes stockpiled. :razz: And I'm ok with it being 360 since I'm an achievement addict... can't remember the last time I turned on my PS3. :-k
:dunce: *~Don't argue with dumb people, they only bring you down to their level of logic and beat you senseless with their expertise~* :dunce:

(referring to BB) ...I feel like I'm robbing them blind. There is NO WAY they're making any money off of me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

#17 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

Off-topic, but... Wet was $20 on that lightning deal last week???? WOW. I didn't bother to check on it since it was on PS3, but wow.
Posted Image

#18 jjz203

jjz203

$19.99 or le$$ plea$e!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Off-topic, but... Wet was $20 on that lightning deal last week???? WOW. I didn't bother to check on it since it was on PS3, but wow.

yessiree, it sold out in like 2 minutes! I was SO pissed since I stepped away to pee and came back a 1:02pm and "102% claimed"! I totally would have bitten on it with the ECA discount and fs since at that price, I don't care what platform it's on (since I have a 360 and a 320gb bc PS3 :razz: ) That is why I now watch the lightning deals like a hawk if it's something I'm mildly interested in.
:dunce: *~Don't argue with dumb people, they only bring you down to their level of logic and beat you senseless with their expertise~* :dunce:

(referring to BB) ...I feel like I'm robbing them blind. There is NO WAY they're making any money off of me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

#19 johnsdoe00

johnsdoe00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:21 PM

yessiree, it sold out in like 2 minutes! I was SO pissed since I stepped away to pee and came back a 1:02pm and "102% claimed"! I totally would have bitten on it with the ECA discount and fs since at that price, I don't care what platform it's on (since I have a 360 and a 320gb bc PS3 :razz: ) That is why I now watch the lightning deals like a hawk if it's something I'm mildly interested in.

That's crazy man. But I usually stick to 360 for most games. I'd only get a game on PS3 if it was exclusive to PS3. Wet was pretty fun in the demo, though. It would most definitely have been worth it for twenty bucks.

And to get back on topic, Wolverine would totally be worth it for twenty bucks too. I got it back when it first came out for $40 and never regretted it.

Man, These lightning deals are actually starting to get good again.
Posted Image

#20 FeralWraith

FeralWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:36 PM

Just a guess, but I'd put my money on X-Blades. But Wolverine seems to fit the bill to, so it's anyone's guess.

#21 drmuerto

drmuerto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

Here's hoping or something in teh neighborhood of $20-29. I have some credit to use, so even without an ECA coupon I'd be ok.

#22 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

Wolverine is WELL worth full price...if it is Wolverine. Unless for some reason you hate Logan or action games, buy it!
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#23 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

paid around $45 back when this game out, and that was money very well spent. there's nothing groundbreaking in this game, but it's a great deal of fun. at this point, I'd recommend picking it up at anything under $35

#24 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:42 PM

I really want to be excited about this, but I have a fear it will only be like $39.XX when I'm only willing to go at least $25 for FSS
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#25 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

I do think it's possibly the most visceral game I've never played though. Dang it kicks ass :D
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#26 OddLogik

OddLogik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

The first thing that went thru my mind was the Ninja Gaiden game or whatever its called, but your probably right about wolverine. They had a lightning deal for it about 2 weeks ago and bought it then, its a really good game.

#27 OddLogik

OddLogik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:21 PM

I really want to be excited about this, but I have a fear it will only be like $39.XX when I'm only willing to go at least $25 for FSS

Its already 47$ if it is wolverine, if they only discount it by 8$ ill be surprised. Plus, these lightning deals on the video game page have been more of a discount. Didn't they have a game a few days ago for 40$ off? (was 20$)

#28 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Am I the only one not able to get an ECA code right now? They out already?

#29 OddLogik

OddLogik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

Am I the only one not able to get an ECA code right now? They out already?

They haven't been there for several days.

#30 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

They haven't been there for several days.

SOBs. I guess I should be happy I got to use one a few weeks ago at least. Oh well, best not get too hype considering we dont even know if this deal is going to be worth it.