• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

-gone-

Edited by crzyjoeguy, 22 October 2009 - 01:56 AM.

Posted Image

#182 Mizz Behavin

Mizz Behavin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Thanks op - donated $5. I am enjoying the game so far.

#183 J7.

J7.

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

If you buy 2 games from the same email and computer, what happens when you download the 2nd game to your computer... does it automatically overwrite the original file or does it pick a different file name and location? Or do you have to make sure to do this yourself.

#184 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

I really didn't care for the demo but dropped a buck for this since it has a cool soundtrack.

#185 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

I actually wish they didn't use Paypal, since it's really a pain for fees and I hate to think that such a large portion of the donated money just ended up going to Paypal. Still, think I might have to put a few more dollars in and gift it to a friend.

I wonder what percentage Steam takes when a copy is sold on there...

I didn't need to use Paypal and could just donate directly from a credit card without using Paypal at all. I doubt Paypal takes much, if anything, for donations since it would look bad for them to take money out of a charities' hands.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#186 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

If you buy 2 games from the same email and computer, what happens when you download the 2nd game to your computer... does it automatically overwrite the original file or does it pick a different file name and location? Or do you have to make sure to do this yourself.

just rename the file when you download it.

or.. if you havent bought the first copy yet, just pay 2x what you would have, and make a copy of the file yourself.

and to respond to the general thread: glad to see this was extended, as i missed the original sale. i got in for $5 since that's the cheapest(AFAIK) it's been sold via fixed price. I have a ton of games piling up and have all but stopped purchasing anything new, but i made an exception for this because i do like to support indie developers.

#187 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

2D Boy lost money on the jerks who paid a penny, too - remember, they've got to pay for bandwidth for that download.

How do you figure? They are already paying for bandwidth anyways... It's not like they would suddenly have lost *less* money without those $0.01 sales...

Posted Image

#188 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

How do you figure? They are already paying for bandwidth anyways... It's not like they would suddenly have lost *less* money without those $0.01 sales...

not sure if you've ever managed a website, but you typically buy X amount of bandwidth per month. if you have a sudden/unusual influx of traffic(as one might have for something like, i dunno, a pick your own price sale), you pay your overages based on the amount of data transferred.

granted, an extra 65mb isnt going to cost but a few cents.. but if the numbers are great it can definitely add up.

#189 anathema728

anathema728

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:27 PM

2D Boy lost money on the jerks who paid a penny, too - remember, they've got to pay for bandwidth for that download.

bandwidth lol, dont visit their website or else they're gonna lose money

#190 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

have another free code. cant promise it will work. p.m me if you want to try it. (was my friends, he couldn't get it to work. im convinced he is stupid) great for someone who doesn't have a credit card or paypal account, no cag newbie's.
Posted Image

#191 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

not sure if you've ever managed a website, but you typically buy X amount of bandwidth per month. if you have a sudden/unusual influx of traffic(as one might have for something like, i dunno, a pick your own price sale), you pay your overages based on the amount of data transferred.

granted, an extra 65mb isnt going to cost but a few cents.. but if the numbers are great it can definitely add up.

It depends entirely on their hosting provider. I actually have unlimited bandwidth on my website.

But in any case, they are selling software on their website - it stands to reason they have quite a large bandwidth limit (if any) already. They may have even purchased more in anticipation for this sale. But I really doubt they are being charged extra on a per-download basis...

Posted Image

#192 J7.

J7.

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

just rename the file when you download it.

or.. if you havent bought the first copy yet, just pay 2x what you would have, and make a copy of the file yourself.

and to respond to the general thread: glad to see this was extended, as i missed the original sale. i got in for $5 since that's the cheapest(AFAIK) it's been sold via fixed price. I have a ton of games piling up and have all but stopped purchasing anything new, but i made an exception for this because i do like to support indie developers.

Okay, thanks a bunch!

#193 Cheadyp

Cheadyp

asdjfaskjdlfhajklsdfhjkla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Last day of this sale
Posted Image

#194 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

If I already paid and downloaded on my mac, can I reuse the link and d.l on my pc? I want to use my controller on my pc.
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#195 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

If I already paid and downloaded on my mac, can I reuse the link and d.l on my pc? I want to use my controller on my pc.

yes you can, I used the same link for my pc & laptop

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#196 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

How long will the link allow us to redownload for, say I lose the game a year from now will I be able to download it again?

#197 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

From what I can piece together from the detailed breakdown of the World of Goo birthday sales, I figure they still did pretty well for themselves.

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=11053

Edited by iowaholdem, 08 January 2010 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image

#198 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:59 AM

wow u brought back a old thread :)

#199 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, my apologies for that, but that "Pay-What-You-Want Birthday Sale Wrap-up" link was just now brought to my attention and I saw no one else had made a guess at the amount of money they made from the promotion. I think a lot of us assumed they were getting 95% donations of $0.01, but apparently not considering the gross dollars paid over the promotion was upwards of $190,000!

Maybe Crayon Physics (which is doing a similar promotion right now) will have such good luck!

Posted Image